Hacking 3.55 PS-TV ARK Hack - PSP Working Backups

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original Guide that Needs a Few Pointers First

Used the Mimana Iyar Chronicle game, I purchased of PSN store for $10 on 3.55, then I downloaded the packge for the game here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYVUA7ansC5WjVyOC05ZV95OWs/view?usp=sharing

1.DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL CMA for PC (Content Manger)http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html (qcma didn't work properly)
2. Transfered Both Save Files
3. load save, press Triangle to bring up menu, go to Settings, go to Party, go back, go to Positions.
If not done in that order then the exploit will not work (Should Flash Green)
4. Copy Content/PS Tv System to PC/Applications/PSP Other/Mimana Lyar Chronicle (transfer game to pc)
5.Copy Content/PC to PS Tv System/Applications/PSP Other/Mimana Lyar Chronicle (transfer game to PS Vita)
6. When you go back to your PS-TV home menu you will see the new ARK bubble

Now Using QCMA TO Transfer PSP Games (REQUIRES RENAMING GAME.ISO INTO SAVEDATA.BIN) You have Ark Hack installed, you don't need to install anything else!

Download: "FW352_TN-V11_bubble"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYVUA7ansC5cmNWeDg1VkRkWEE/view

You should have a folder named "TNV_00000", you will delete "SAVEDATA.BIN", and take your PSP game ISO file, and rename it to "SAVEDATA.BIN"

Now all you need to do is:

1. Transfer the "TNV_00000" file with your renamed PSP GAME.ISO, you renamed into "SAVEDATA.BIN"
2. Use the "Content Manager" on your PS-TV, and enable "QCMA" on your pc (make sure your right click and select refresh on the icon), You will Transfer "TNV_00000"
3. Start the "Ark Hack" form the bubble on your Main Menu
4. Press "left or right" on your d-pad, make sure "GAME IMAGE" is seen in the upper right corner of the screen
5. TEST YOUR GAME BY SELECTING THE FILE AND PRESSING "START"

You will now create a "ISO Folder" for your games, and rename them there, using the "PSP FILER" in the "ARK_01234" folder

1. select "FILER.PBP", move the left and right buttons on your controller, make sure you see APPLICATION in the upper right of the screen then press the START button.
2. You will not Create a ISO Folder, then You will Rename your SAVEDATE.BIN to GAME.ISO so they are easier to find, you can always launch them from the ARK BUBBLE on your main menu by selecting them and pressing START in the future.

(At the main menu for PSP FILER, select PSP Folder, then press the "O" button then select SAVEDATA, then press the "O" button)

(Press the "X Button" after highlighting the SAVEDATA folder, a menu will popup, press "L1" and create a folder name ISO, now go to the "TNV_00000" folder and press "X Button" on the "SAVEDATA.BIN" file (your PSP BACKUP), then press the "R1", now rename it to MYGAMEIS.ISO (whatever your game is but keep the characters in all CAPS and no more than 8 characters) ... ... ... ... Now you will move the file to the ISO folder you created, use the "SQUARE" button to move the file.

(Just Hit the Playstation Button to exit PSP FILER, or your can press START + SELECT, but it will likely crash with a black screen, recommended to use PSP FILER, not ARK to move or delete files)

(Sadly couldn't much useful information else where so I filled in the blanks with my own working guide - ARK works great for PSP Backups, but no sound for PS1 Games, not that I'd care)

(If you tried to install TNV-11 after installing ARK, and PSP Backups stopped working, then delete your files or recover your PSP and repeat the steps in this guide)

(I used the psp game ADVENTURES TO GO, its a small file under 100mb, Tried GrowLanser its over 1 gig works find I decrypted the eboot.bin files also, still testing!) (aciddentally named the game iso SYSTEMDATA.BIN, instead of SAVEDATA.BIN when adding it from qcma, but when I changed it back to SAVEDATA.BIN the file name it transferred fine again)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: Chrisssj2

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the Game is transferred over, you apparently can use more than 8 characters and you don't need to have the .iso file extension there. I'll test .cso format tomorrow, also two psp emulators the snes and gba, since I'm too lazy atm to copy/paste the previous steps. I'll see if I can get a .zip package with the emulator to extract or run from its .zip file. (Hopefully I'll have all the answers tomorrow):

1. .iso format games works? yes
2. .cso format games works?
3. prometheus patched psp backups works?
4. emulator .zip packages works? (I know emulators designed for the vita don't work with ark for 3.55? ... then the psp emulators should?)

JDock85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this and the SAVEDATA.BIN file does not show up in the list when I'm in ARK.

Running 3.55 with ARK installed.

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the Package in the link listed in the first post, you install ARK (the same way you installed TNV), now you will be transferring the "TNV_00000" save from TNV's Hack with a renamed SAVEDATA.BIN file for whatever file you want transferred even a .ZIP archive (ARK HACK does not use "TNV_00000" folder, your just using it to transfer files, you must uninstall or delete TNV and install ARK first) ... ... ... ... you will transfer the "TNV_00000" save from "Content Manager", then you will have to use PSP FILER from ARK's menu to rename the file or extract files into a new folder you created for TNV (create folder PSP/GAME/"app or emulator folder with contents" (you will have to reinstall TNV), or you can browse to and launch the file from ARK.

Try the Official Content Manger from SONY, or QCMA also try placing a copy of SAVEDATA.BIN into "ARK_01234" (but you will not transfer ARK_01234 save), to see if it transfers if your having a problem. Check the file size of the save transfer for "TNV_00000" to see if the larger file size is reported from your psp. If so, just follow the instructions from the first post, to create folder and move the file where you like, or to where TNV can find it if you reinstall TNV.

(haven't tested emulators or apps yet, once finished the stuff i'm doing in a few hours, I will update the TNV INSTALL thread with a guide explaining how I've done properly, but these instructions will do)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to get this working for a ps vita 3.55 EU? I just got one for first time last week...
Got like 100 psp games and 200 psx games.. I would love to carry over I have backuped from my psp

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if this still works, I followed it to the point where it flashes green. Now What do I do? I transferred the game back to my computer and it says game.psvimg
do I rename that game.iso and transfer it back? If anyone can help me get this successfully working ill pay 10 in paypal right now.

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help. i got this working. i see where to install the homebrews. i tried making a psp/game folder and jusst dropping it in. i can see it will start to say nester j (signed) or snes9x when i try to transfer then ill get error c2-10981-9. Please.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
your fw don´t allow to write stuff on the psp game folder.
I recomend you to search for byepass plugin for psvita or send me a pm and when end to work today i will send you the link and stuff that you need.

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i have byepass but what do i do with it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

okay i added recovery.pbp or whatever and copied it over. lets see if it works...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

okay, im at ftp menu on vita. it says ftp server now running and gives the ftp. what now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up