nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
2872493-advent..gif
Gamespot said:
2K Games has revealed more details on an upcoming game announcement. Earlier today, the publisher posted a GIF on Twitter that starts with a shot of a seemingly normal cityscape, which then morphs into city wreaked with disaster. The image can be viewed below.
A week ago, 2K's Parent Comapny which is Take-Two, teased "soon-to-be announced new triple-A title from 2K." The release date is said to be on April 2016. Various images that appear to be concept art are viewable on the Advent Website.​

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a very Bioshock vibe going through that. I mean, what did Bioshock 1 do? It sent you into a broken down utopia where people were promised freedom and the best living possible. Bioshock 2 was just a continuation of that disillusion and descent from a different angle. Bioshock Infinite? You go to a seemingly great sky city and instead find that it's a religious cult hiding terrible secrets that you destroy from the inside out (among other slightly more convoluted plot devices). What do we get here? Yet another city flaunting itself as a utopia. Yet another city pushing its gene splicing skills on its citizens.

So either it's Bioshock set in the modern day/near future (which would be an interesting change of pace), or it's going to be a game very similar at least in nature to the Bioshock series.

I'd say it's more likely to be Bioshock, but I won't be too surprised if it's something a little different either. I'm guessing we'll get the actual identity of the game sometime this summer, most likely during E3 based on how much work they've already put into the website.

Edit: Okay, I read the medical "pamphlet", and this has gotta be Bioshock. DNA manipulation is a staple of the series, and I just don't see the use of these common themes from their most popular game series being anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users