Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
431unknown said:
Hopefully my wife don't throw it out like she did my stuff for xbox jtag. Stupid bitch.

Maybe you ruined her life and she was just trying to get back at you.

Ha I doubt it. If any thing I made her life better she just don't uderstand why I have certain shit sitting on my work desk.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why pay 24$? You do realize the code for it is about to come out and it seems from what i read that even the "average idiot" will be able to make one. You won't even need to buy anything, unless you actually have no usb flashdrive. Why would I buy it when I can get one I would make myself for free soon.

Not only this is coming from something that was stolen from sony and was used to run the ps3 in debug mode, but they are profiting from something they stole. It's one thing to be a pirate, but when you actually try to make money out of it by using something you stole from the company itself.

You could probably say downloading games is the same, but it's not. When I download a game, I don't go around selling it overpriced to make profits for myself.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
Why pay 24$? You do realize the code for it is about to come out and it seems from what i read that even the "average idiot" will be able to make one. You won't even need to buy anything, unless you actually have no usb flashdrive. Why would I buy it when I can get one I would make myself for free soon.

I think you missed something.... This is the do-it-yourself version... The $24 is for the board you need you flash the free code on...

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:

Not only this is coming from something that was stolen from sony and was used to run the ps3 in debug mode, but they are profiting from something they stole. It's one thing to be a pirate, but when you actually try to make money out of it by using something you stole from the company itself.

You could probably say downloading games is the same, but it's not. When I download a game, I don't go around selling it overpriced to make profits for myself.

the 24$ is for the specific USB drive. You can't use any usb flash drive, you need one you can program. look up Teeny++. the Code that came out IS for the 24$ usb drive you need to get. The "official" Usb drive that's coming out is 150$, so yes a 24$ investment and a little DIY is much better.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Myke said:
Giga_Gaia said:

the 24$ is for the specific USB drive. You can't use any usb flash drive, you need one you can program. look up Teeny++. the Code that came out IS for the 24$ usb drive you need to get. The "official" Usb drive that's coming out is 150$, so yes a 24$ investment and a little DIY is much better.

Sorry I was wrong. Still, 24$ just to be banned from PSN? Now that I can do that for free. Just need to insult people everywhere you go by being racist, sexist or discriminatory about anything else.

Even if you use it offline, you do realize Sony receive the information about what you did offline when you go online? I mean they're not dumb enough to let you do anything you would want offline without them knowing it. Unless you remain offline forever, you have no privacy at all with your console.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Giga_Gaia said:
Sorry I was wrong. Still, 24$ just to be banned from PSN? Now that I can do that for free. Just need to insult people everywhere you go by being racist, sexist or discriminatory about anything else.

Even if you use it offline, you do realize Sony receive the information about what you did offline when you go online? I mean they're not dumb enough to let you do anything you would want offline without them knowing it. Unless you remain offline forever, you have no privacy at all with your console.
Because being banned from PlayStation Network is a horrible thing and no one here can live without PSN?

Tossing out only $24 is a JOKE for a setup like this.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AshuraZro said:
Giga_Gaia said:

Because being banned from PlayStation Network is a horrible thing and no one here can live without PSN.

Tossing out only $24 is a JOKE for a setup like this.

It is if you actually play online. Unless you have no internet, why wouldn't you play online on your PS3. I mean unlike the 360, it's free.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Giga_Gaia said:

Eh, it's worth it if you don't use it online too much anyway. I've a jtag 360 and I don't regret not being able to go onto xbox live with it. For me the pros out weigh the cons. Probably because I use my pc primarily for online gaming. *shrugs*

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Why pay 24$? You do realize the code for it is about to come out and it seems from what i read that even the "average idiot" will be able to make one. You won't even need to buy anything, unless you actually have no usb flashdrive. Why would I buy it when I can get one I would make myself for free soon.Dude, for like the 20th time, it's not a flash drive.

I have constantly posted this, and it's even in the first post of the main thread.

Giga_Gaia said:
Not only this is coming from something that was stolen from sonyNo, it wasn't.
http://www.ps3hax.net/2010/08/ps-jailbreak...rse-engineered/
QUOTE said:
We can confirm that the PSJailbreak is not a clone of Sony’s “Jig” module. PSJailbreak is a self-developed exploit.

QUOTE(Giga_Gaia @ Sep 1 2010, 08:32 PM)
Even if you use it offline, you do realize Sony receive the information about what you did offline when you go online?
Bullshit.
Prove it.
WITH RELIABLE SOURCES.
I.E, a link, not hearsay.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Giga_Gaia said:
It is if you actually play online. Unless you have no internet, why wouldn't you play online on your PS3. I mean unlike the 360, it's free.
Because I'm too busy playing a PC or 360 online? And I'm not here to start a fight by being the nutbar fanboy that screams "360 is better" because it's actually really irrelevant here.

Do I like to use my console online? Sure. But do I like prefer pirating games more? Yep! Do I understand the fact that if I actually fear my console being denied access to online interactions then I should stay away from hacks like these because they clearly aren't for me? Absolutely!

Pro Tip: Everyone here should have the same answer for the last question there.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're not as stupid as to let you do whatever illegal things offline without them ever knowing. You think they didn't plan people would try and go offline to do illegal things?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems the thought of free PS3 games has brought the noob out in some of us
ohmy.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
They're not as stupid as to let you do whatever illegal things offline without them ever knowing. You think they didn't plan people would try and go offline to do illegal things?
Oh yeah I forgot that they completely banned all hacked psps from online. /sarcasm

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
No current or past system (Sony's included) tracks offline gameplay and reports it back when you use online.

You have no basis for saying that.

You just WANT it to be true so that the way you feel towards it can be justified.

Too bad, that's not how the world works.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
giga gaia is sad because it took him years of crying and screaming for his mommy to buy him all the games he has and now he finds out he could have gotten them all free so now he's whining about an assumption that you will be banned from a service that (IMO) is not essential at all...

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For most games I could care less if I can play online or not. I prefer the good old days when you had a friend or 2 over and played together and could talk trash on one another face to face. The only games that really need online are mmorpg, a select few fps, and some fighting games.

Look I pay for Internet so I can download back up copies of the things I own since I can't back them up myself not to play Modern Warfare 2 all day griefing people.
rolleyes.gif

Online play is great for when your trapped in your house during a blizzard but other than that no thanks.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Giga_Gaia said:
No current or past system (Sony's included) tracks offline gameplay and reports it back when you use online.

You have no basis for saying that.

You just WANT it to be true so that the way you feel towards it can be justified.

Too bad, that's not how the world works.

Find one place that says I'm wrong? I may not have a source to prove I am right, but you don't have any to say I am wrong, how pathetic. THere is very high probability that I am right. Sony wouldn't overlook the fact people would go offline to try something. Even the wii record your progress offline. In the calendar, it says what game or apps you ran and for how long. What is there not to say it is sent to Nintendo on a regular basis when you are online? People are greatly underestimating Sony here, they aren't that stupid. They'd of course track what you do in some way when you are offline. They know everyone know they would be banned if they were to try anything like that online, so of course they'd know everyone would try to do anything bad offline. It's like if you commit a murder or a crime anywhere, but no one see you, it doesn't mean you won't get caught.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/C47IzqSZBsQ?si=C8FGHzAc8TRvcnvg