EseHomes

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucky for me, after the fiasco with my child buying homebreware and killing our wii I had exchanged our wii for a new one and then started reading into the world of homebrew and have loved it ever since and have not had to ask really any questions. I've always been able to find my answers except for these 2 questions.
1. wiimc and different emulators all have a usb drivers ios202 with them. Are there any differences between the different ones provided? Which one is most compatible or best?
2. I want to be able to load my games onto my hard drive without removing any data from the image. Which cios version allows for perfect 1:1 dumps?
Thank you for your time.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to the 202, I have only installed the one that comes with the hackmii bundle. I have never had to mess with it.

As far as the 1:1 dumps, you can do this using most of the usb loaders, they generally have an option on what to rip. I know configurable usb loader does, but why would you want to take up extra space on your drive with useless data?

EseHomes

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, most loaders can, but some cios versions dont do perfect dumps because they will scrub the data and do other things with the data. I need to know which cios versions allow perfect 1:1 dumping. Thank you

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesnt matter the cios ( you should still be using ciosx ). When you rip the game the loader will ask you if you want the game partition or the 1:1 dump.

EseHomes

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, rev 9 was the good one for ripping games, but that was old info and I could be wrong about which version it was. But I know that there was some version that was known for it being best for ripping games and getting a true 1:1 while others would scrub the image and screw up some data, and I'm not just talking about dual layer. Can anyone truly confirm this?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS rev14, 15, and 16 had issues dumping dual layer discs. I used cIOS36 rev10 until rev17 was released. The op should just use rev17 or 19, using any others will more than likely lose compatibility with some functions. I recently reverted back to rev17 because rev19 is not compatible with Triiforce.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you lose a lot of compatibility using 1:1 dumps due to the fact a 1:1 will always be a 4.3GB iso which is too big for fat32 to handle, ntfs isn't nearly as compatible with many homebrew programs also 1:1 rips have no advantages whatsoever.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jefffisher said:
you lose a lot of compatibility using 1:1 dumps due to the fact a 1:1 will always be a 4.3GB iso which is too big for fat32 to handle, ntfs isn't nearly as compatible with many homebrew programs also 1:1 rips have no advantages whatsoever.
this is why you rip to split files

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
EseHomes said:
lucky for me, after the fiasco with my child buying homebreware and killing our wii I had exchanged our wii for a new one and then started reading into the world of homebrew and have loved it ever since and have not had to ask really any questions. I've always been able to find my answers except for these 2 questions.
1. wiimc and different emulators all have a usb drivers ios202 with them. Are there any differences between the different ones provided? Which one is most compatible or best?
2. I want to be able to load my games onto my hard drive without removing any data from the image. Which cios version allows for perfect 1:1 dumps?
Thank you for your time.

WTF!!!!

this is on your WII ASS BRICKING TOPIC (with all CAPS!!!)

"MY WII WON'T WORK NO MORE! MY MOMZ MAD AND GOING TO KICK ME OUT! I BOUGHT THIS link AND NOW HE NOT HELPING ME. WHAT DO I DO? "

"my dad came home and found the number fo james and called him up. he is giving my money back. my dad was not mad at me but mad at james. i never saw anythin that you guys metioned. it was the first stop of the softwear. i had to run it from the sd card and it show a quick thing but disapered befor i could read it. and then it was just a bunch of blak and white numbers and words and then went to black. i can turn my wii on and hear music but that it. my remote lites up the first lite. when i point at my tv and move it around i can feel my remote rumble. my dad thinks that it burned up my wii. he's tryin to play with it now and serching online. he saif he found something called save me. he does not want to by it unless it can fix my wii."

obviously your making fun here right?? faggot!
making us look like a fool! STFU!

i think the "fiasco with my child buying homebreware and killing our wii" the "child" there is you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?