Hacking 2,5" Seagate freeagent Goflex 1,5to. shut down when i quit applica

MrKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My HDD WD 1,5to died yesterday and i transfert all my games and roms on my girlfriend Seagate freeagent Goflex external hdd. It works somekind of well on wiimc for movies, but sometimes I have to unplug and reconnected it on the wii to get it working because it disapears.

Dios mios seems incompatible with this hardware, I hope a future update will correct this.

Didnt try Wii games really, I just started a random games to see if it will start, and it started, so it seems good on it.

But when i go on Homebrew channel after using wiiflow or anything else, the wii doesnt recognize the HDD, when It do, if I go on Snex9xGX (or any emulator) it doesnt see the HDD, its seems off (but the lights on it is still ON.

AND YES, before you ask, I put the APM fonction on "Never" so it will not go on sleep mode.

Its seems to shut down btw when i quit any application, are when a start one.
I have also made sure my 1 partition is Active and Primary.
Any help on this?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same issues with a 1tb portable go flex 3.0 drive. Tried 2 different drives and both behaved the same way.
I assume its the go flex adapter causing the issues.

MrKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i just find this http://gbatemp.net/t.../page__st__1170, so The problem is the 3.0 cable, I assume that a 2.0 adapter would fix the problem? It is possible to find/buy one? Or is there another solution? Something i can do?

edit: I heard about MBR and GPT, i will try to see if my HDD is on GPT. It looks like it should be MBR.
It is MBR allready.

Danm, still cant find a solution here.

MrKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What i understand so far, its the adapter causing the problem. Is they any wayt to buy a 2.0 (only) adapter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster...