Status
Not open for further replies.

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I know im not well known around the forums tho i have been a leacher of gbatemp for many years and have been on here on and off...recently i emailed gateway..around 4 or so days ago...today i woke up to an email from them so here is my email and their reply
profile_mask2.png

Alex Enochs [email protected]
Feb 13 (4 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to sales
cleardot.gif

Dear Gateway Team although ive been a supporter of your card since day one i recently ordered 2..the first one came without the red/white card (realhotstuff fixed that issue they are sending me another) this email isnt about that..i recieved my second one today and im dying to know...is there any
set date or like day range that they final 2.0 update will be released at? im dying to know! thanks
profile_mask2.png

Gateway 3DS
2:08 AM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

First of all, sorry for the delays and thanks for your patience and support.
Our final 2.0 firmware will be released soon. We can't give an exact date yet,
as we can find some bugs while testing in depth the firmware on various consoles
versions and region, but it won't be long, only days away now.

i even left in my typos and email address im betting on the 21st being the day they release as it will have been exactly a month after their teaser

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol not everyone has been getting that exact email my friend recently...about a week ago someone got an email that said 2 weeks...now they are saying days

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Gateway is known for being very selective in the wording of their communications. They never make it a point to give exact release dates. Sadly, it's "business as usual" now until we hear something more specific from the team themselves.

aXXo Were you trying out for the "Douche of the Day" award? Because if so, you got it my friend! :D

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They mentioned to me, either a few days or by the end of the week. In worse case scenarios, early next week. Have some patience folks, we'll see soon enough.

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i agree with IronClouds aXXo gets douche of the day award and patxinco that was only a week ago so i dont know but a little before that date someone else recieved one that said 2 weeks..its somewhere in this forum i cant be assed to look it up also as to you saturosaias id like to see where u seen this posted in january please enlighten me

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't mean a few days.
6ZSgs.png

This is what I mean by the team being selective in their wording. Their response does not say for sure when it'll be released. There's always a "but." either literally or figuratively, in any of their communications where they talk about their expected release date.

Saturosias This wasn't directed at you specifically. I quoted your post to demonstrate to other readers the point I was trying to get across.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Gateway is known for being very selective in the wording of their communications. They never make it a point to give exact release dates. Sadly, it's "business as usual" now until we hear something more specific from the team themselves.

aXXo Were you trying out for the "Douche of the Day" award? Because if so, you got it my friend! :D
Yay! At least I didn't win "Idiot of the day"! We have so many contenders to choose from today! ;) I'm just pretty miffed that there hasn't been any activity from Gateway for more than a month, not since they released that multi-rom video, and only e-mails and junk rants since then.

Reactions: IronClouds

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gateway sucks at PR. They should have one person handle that, and only that, and have the devs to stick to devving.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I know im not well known around the forums tho i have been a leacher of gbatemp for many years and have been on here on and off...recently i emailed gateway..around 4 or so days ago...today i woke up to an email from them so here is my email and their reply
profile_mask2.png

Alex Enochs [email protected]
Feb 13 (4 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to sales
cleardot.gif

Dear Gateway Team although ive been a supporter of your card since day one i recently ordered 2..the first one came without the red/white card (realhotstuff fixed that issue they are sending me another) this email isnt about that..i recieved my second one today and im dying to know...is there any
set date or like day range that they final 2.0 update will be released at? im dying to know! thanks
profile_mask2.png

Gateway 3DS
2:08 AM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

First of all, sorry for the delays and thanks for your patience and support.
Our final 2.0 firmware will be released soon. We can't give an exact date yet,
as we can find some bugs while testing in depth the firmware on various consoles
versions and region, but it won't be long, only days away now.

i even left in my typos and email address im betting on the 21st being the day they release as it will have been exactly a month after their teaser

I wish these forums had a "violently love" button to click.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gateway sucks at PR. They should have one person handle that, and only that, and have the devs to stick to devving.
I actually think that is their problem, they only have one person to handle PR. And that one person apparently thinks we're idiots and can make up pretty much anything they want about why there is bricking code in the latest release, and belittling both legitimate customers with bricks as well as mocking clone users. They should probably get professional PR help at this point, since it's obvious that they don't think much about the people who actually give them money.

Reactions: IronClouds

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
im betting on the 21st being the day they release as it will have been exactly a month after their teaser

Don't hold your breath, hombre. I got the exact same message back in mid-January. They have thousands of people asking them about the release date, so no wonder. With that being said, I haven't touched the Gateway cartridge since the whole brick epidemic, and decided to wait for 2.0 final, so it would be nice to finally get it. I'm not expecting to get it "any day now", though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up