128gb sd card unformatting 3ds

jow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 128gb sd card and formatted it to fat32 but now sometimes when i remove it from my computer everything gets deleted and it gets unformatted

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
idk this never happened to my old one and it looks legit and i got it off of amazon
You can get fake cards from anywhere including Amazon. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

jow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get fake cards from anywhere including Amazon. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.
idk i bought it for a normal price, do you have any idea for fixing it? i was thinking that it had something to do with formating it to fat32

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, i was using aomeill formatter, is it bad?
I would never trust random 3rd-party software that I don't know of to format my SD card. Does your SD card keep corrupting after you have formatted it with one of the tools that I recommended to you?

jow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would never trust random 3rd-party software that I don't know of to format my SD card. Does your SD card keep corrupting after you have formatted it with one of the tools that I recommended to you?
im downloading it rn i'll try it out for a bit, it seems to corrupt after i take it out of my computer after ejecting it
Post automatically merged:

im downloading it rn i'll try it out for a bit, it seems to corrupt after i take it out of my computer after ejecting it
ok so it won't let me change to fat32

Last edited by jow,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i was using aomeill formatter, is it bad?

I doubt it's AOMEI's software causing issues they have been around for a while. More than likely the card is defective or fake. I bought a 1TB Sandisk Ultra card for the Switch two years ago off of Amazon and within two weeks it was giving me issues. At first, data that I had just copied to the card would randomly appear to have been deleted, and eventually, I was unable to write to or format the card. I RMA'd it directly to Sandisk since it was a legit SD card and they mailed me another one after I sent them the defective one.

Test the card with H2testw as was suggested above just to rule out it being a fake card. If it passes then format it with the SD Card Association's formatting tool as also was suggested above. Fake cards can also be identified via serial numbers and text among other things. If it's legit but still errors out I'd try to RMA it just so you know you get a fresh brand-new card direct from the manufacturer. Otherwise, return it to Amazon.

ok so it won't let me change to fat32

If you mean the SD Formatter Tool it defaults to exFAT if you're using a larger capacity SD card. You need to format it with the tool and then use something else to format it to FAT32. If you don't want to use AOMEI then try FAT32 Format GUI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay