Hacking 128 and 256 Mb games with Nand based save?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I tought that i was like SmartPhones. For example, my Htc One m8 loses 1% of battery every hour in sleep time. It's very good. I expected the same thing in the 3DS... I was wrong ;)
Tbh I haven't done any full on testing, have a.look online.I'm sure someone will of broke it down more, as I said disabling wifi will probably help as the 3ds farts about with streetpass stuff in sleep mode

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I injected save into the the new cart2 game.. but it says save corrupted.

Is it because I used a retail dumped save? XD
I don't know if there is any logic to how big the nand saves. For a game are, but generally they are not 512kb, so it's unlikely you will be able to carry over any saves retail or gateway,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't know if there is any logic to how big the nand saves. For a game are, but generally they are not 512kb, so it's unlikely you will be able to carry over any saves retail or gateway,

I know that I was unable to carry over my games to GW because of how the file sizes were smaller than 512.

I believed that since nand games read the save from within the rom, I thought it would circumvent that issue.

I'm wondering if there's a location that determine the sizes of the game saves..

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I know that I was unable to carry over my games to GW because of how the file sizes were smaller than 512.

I believed that since nand games read the save from within the rom, I thought it would circumvent that issue.

I'm wondering if there's a location that determine the sizes of the game saves..
Its programmed into the game source code. There's no practical way of changing it.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Introducing ... card1to2 !
http://filetrip.net/dl?deY8GQks8v

Never was good at naming homebrew. :P
When I run the program, it opens and automatically closes instantly, giving this error (I'm trying to convert Mario Kart 7 .3DS):
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range
"
(Yes, there is this last one empty line)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...