• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

10 year old killed his mom because she didn't buy a VR set

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poor kid (and poor mom RIP) has a mental disorder and I would imagine that even if the penalty for murder was being fired into the sun with a cannon, being chopped into 1,000 pieces, or being a resident of tent city in the desert would not have made a difference. Its the same reason normal minded people wouldn't shoot their mom even though the penalty is NOT one of those things. Do not get it twisted folks: yes we need tough laws to discourage the masses, but its not gonna stop crazy.
This. You have to listen to the signs and do something about it. It's the only way.

Reactions: Benja81

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda off topic i lived with my cousin for a while and she had a kid. boy he got me so mad i called him a little douche bag and my cousin was going fucking kill me and then shit hit the fan.

also i called him a little douche bag in cartmen's voice from that epsoide where he kill's justin bebier.

Last edited by DJPlace,
Reactions: Benja81

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was pretty much school when I went to it:

Instead of the cane we got the belt, first time I got it I was about 10 - for spitting in the playground. I got it mostly for fighting and being cheeky, you knew the teachers you were likely to get belted from so weren't as cheeky in their classrooms.

Haha I'm not that old but here at early 90s my first year of school was on a very old tiny school which was its last year before closing to go to the newer big school and on that old school teachers also did that which were forbidden on the newer school.

I started right away on 1st day took a few hard bangs with a damn huge thick old wood ruler in the hands and that made me learn the rules pretty fast 😁

On the newer school on like the 5th year we ruled the school over teachers, I wish it had rules like the older one so maybe I'd have paid more attention cause I didn't care a single bit even though I finished high school 12th year here, I wish I could go back in time so I wouldn't break the school flowers, turn tables upsidedown... ☹️ (Thought I never did anything super bad either cause I had good rules at home).

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Saudi Arabia, you can get your hand cut off for stealing, crime is dealt with harshly and there's relatively low crime in that country - especially for things like adultery which isn't considered a crime in the west. So it seems to me that if you deal harshly with criminals there's quite a detterant. If you kill murderers they aren't going to kill anyone else and if you have people are on the roads in chain gangs, people driving past watching them will see that and not want to be in the same position.

Consequences for your actions is the way to deal with crime, but the cosequences need to be harsher than the crime committed in my opinion, I am all for going medievil on some of these cretins going about nowadays, and I wouldn't shed a tear for any of the criminals getting the harsh treatment they deserve. You can bet for sure that the criminals don't give a damn about their victims or the lives they ruin.
Yes let's turn other countries into shit holes where people are oppressed like Saudi Arabia.

uhhh_adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kids are so goddamn annoying
i say "[INSERT MY COSUINS NAME HERE] is why im never having children" to my uncle a lot
kids are cringe, teen supremacy
For me it's seeing their moms evolve from happy party-going drinkers to pissed off moms devoid of life. They weren't ready for all that Fortnite/Minecraft/Roblox madness :rofl2: they used to think I was weird for playing games, now all their kids want to see me the most lmao

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jesus christ. Talk about moving the goal posts instead of simply admitting your outright hypocrisy. Sounds like an American needs to school a German on their own history. How fucking sad is that?
I am not german :rofl2:
And how many Slave black ppl did usa kill ? And Iraq , Iran, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Libya, Indians, and many many more .
Just read about "The American Genocide of the Indians" and see the number :D
US Has Been at war 225 out of 243 years since 1776 so you are the last who has something to say.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not german :rofl2:
And how many Slave black ppl did usa kill ? And Iraq , Iran, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Libya, Indians, and many many more .
Just read about "The American Genocide of the Indians" and see the number :D
US Has Been at war 225 out of 243 years since 1776 so you are the last who has something to say.

It doesn't even matter if you're German or not. The point is your hypocricy and finger pointing. And, you're moving the goal posts, again. I'd say you can have one more try, but I don't even care what else you have to say at this point. Post whatever nonsense you'd like.

• Haha
Reactions: Blavla

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes it is incredible. I mean, the human being has always been a crazy, cruel and chaotic creature, but lately, with the technology, society's twisted changes and whatnot, we have been seeing things that even us, people that grew up with discipline and at the same time free will and crazy times, see totally puzzled. I think the problem here is the society, the respect teached at home and of course the mind of the individual. I have been a teenager, I know for fact is not a easy experience, but hell, to kill another human being at that (or any other) age is just messed up.

Society's standards today include ignorance, lack of empathy or care at extreme levels, hollow lives within our dispositives, and less human interaction. We are so well trained that the majority, when they see something like this, even make a meme or make stupid jokes about it. Zero empathy, zero respect... Add in the mix a mentally ill individual and hell, look at todays news!!!

I don't know what's coming in the future, but it sure does not look good.

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reasonable reaction 👍
Post automatically merged:

I love the christians practically masturbating each other off over how absolutely normal and well adjusted they are for wanting to physically hurt other people. Ain't no hate like christian love.

You boomers that got beaten in school and at home are some of the most hateful and resentful people on the planet, well behaved in public for optics but absolute garbage behind closed doors or to anyone who you believe is inferior to yourselves.

As for the actual topic, hope the kid gets a full psych evaluation, somehow I doubt the only problem the kid had was being spoiled by his mom. The other problem being why did the kid have access to a gun? Those should be kept safely away from children because even without intentional killings like this accidents can happen and it's better to avoid those by just not providing the opportunity for them.
Couldn’t have said it better

Last edited by trepp0,

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

What the fuck. So he murdered her, then the next day ordered it.

I read he'll do 60 years, but screw that, he should be locked for life. Poor woman didn't deserve to die. 😞

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/29/wisc...-for-refusing-to-buy-him-vr-headset-18009276/

If that wasn't bad enough, they wanted to reduce the bail to $100:

I know Boomer politicians will eventually use this to blame video games as the cause of making people violent (it's what they always do).

RIP to this mother.

Nah i don't think a 10 year old should be locked up for life, nor 60, 50, 30 or 10 years. Children should not be locked up. Further investigation should be made and the kid gotta see a psychiatrist.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah i don't think a 10 year old should be locked up for life, nor 60, 50, 30 or 10 years. Children should not be locked up. Further investigation should be made and the kid gotta see a psychiatrist.
Strongly disagree here. We're not talking about graffiti or theft of property damage here, we're talking about taking a life. When you cause serious bodily harm or death I don't think it matters whether you're a kid or not.

Unless he was so mentally incapacitated he literally didn't know what he was doing I absolutely think he should go to prison, and the fact that he ordered the VR headset the next day tells me that he knew exactly what he was doing.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol