Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Have you guys tried installing rxTools v3.0 and upgrading to 9.5 EmuNAND from Xenon's guide?

I dont know if it will fix the regionfree issues, but its worth a shot.
i thought 3.0 wasnt out yet, i have the current nightly installed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use BootNTR in emunand to spoof a FW region before launching your game.
i just install that cia file on emunand and run it?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just install that cia file on emunand and run it?

I believe it's that simple (run it on emunand and then try launching the game)for bypassing regions on older games. For newer games some require installing a language plugin and files for a different region, so it can bypass newer AP checks or force English in a multilanguage game.

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
I believe it's that simple (run it on emunand and then try launching the game)for bypassing regions on older games. For newer games some require installing a language plugin and files for a different region, so it can bypass newer AP checks or force English in a multilanguage game.
it says "open ntr.bin failed" and bnBootNTR failed"

Ntr doesn't support cia though, only cartridges.
Im trying to use it for cartridge, Kingdom Hearts USA on my J 3ds and Dragon quest viii on my US 3ds

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says "open ntr.bin failed" and bnBootNTR failed"
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can really help you much with NTR.
I don't have that much experience using it, and frankly most of the information I used to initially set it up has been deleted from a certain forum.
I can say though it should work on CFW if used as a cia, and it should be able to bypass regionlocks and has a language plugin.

I cannot confirm whether this works on N3ds, as in my experience I was using an o3ds

Last edited by jaksy,

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can really help you much with NTR.
I don't have that much experience using it, and frankly most of the information I used to initially set it up has been deleted from a certain forum.
I can say though it should work on CFW if used as a cia, and it should be able to bypass regionlocks and has a language plugin.
no worry, ill try to mess around with it to get it working, a quick question tho, is the cia for ntr you linked the latest?

No it isn't. I play Japanese games on both my O3ds and N3ds all the time. Use the latest nightly build.
i did! I downloaded the nightly from the site yesterday and it wont load the game up at all, it shows up in the menu but wont load, says "game could not be loaded". yours just booted up right away?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no worry, ill try to mess around with it to get it working, a quick question tho, is the cia for ntr you linked the latest?

i did! I downloaded the nightly from the site yesterday and it wont load the game up at all, it shows up in the menu but wont load, says "game could not be loaded". yours just booted up right away?
Likely if it's on the github, but it might require a ntr.bin from the github release.
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
check the zip for that

Installation guide (BootNTR):
1 Install the BootNTR.cia in Sysnand or Emunand, copy the ntr.bin into the sd card.
2 Execute the BootNTR application in home menu then it will boots NTR CFW.

Last edited by jaksy,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For bootntr failed, it's not enough to install the bootntr.cia, you NEED the NTR.bin on your SD. So grab the latest NTR, then also install bootntr and run it. But it doesn't like it at all when your files don't match (say... you've installed the latest Nver so you can access the eshop).

And yes, I play Taiko no Tatsujin all the time. Installed as a .cia and also the DLC works when bootntr is run with the Japanese language plugin configured for that game. It will run without the DLC showing up, directly from rxtools emunand.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: jaksy

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer games that don't work as is through NTR can usually boot with the language plugin.
Instructions for using the NTR language plugin can be found here.

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
For bootntr failed, it's not enough to install the bootntr.cia, you NEED the NTR.bin on your SD. So grab the latest NTR, then also install bootntr and run it. But it doesn't like it at all when your files don't match (say... you've installed the latest Nver so you can access the eshop).

And yes, I play Taiko no Tatsujin all the time. Installed as a .cia and also the DLC works when bootntr is run with the Japanese language plugin configured for that game. It will run without the DLC showing up, directly from rxtools emunand.
have you tried with a cart though?

Newer games that don't work as is through NTR can usually boot with the language plugin.
Instructions for using the NTR language plugin can be found here.
got it to work man, thanks for the help

Gafanhotz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No it isn't. I play Japanese games on both my O3ds and N3ds all the time. Use the latest nightly build. And if you're using retail carts, *most* of them work simply by booting them directly from HANS.

Well, the problem is that some N3DS only are able to boot an old version of RXTools for now, versions that are unable to boot other region games like mine.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the problem is that some N3DS only are able to boot an old version of RXTools for now, versions that are unable to boot other region games like mine.
Really? I haven't seen issues on github about that. You sure you just don't have it set up correctly? You must delete your /rxtools/data folder and your /firm folder as well and either use the .py script from the nightly you're using on O3DS, or for the latest nightlies on N3DS, grab the encrypted firmware.bin from Cakes.

If it really is the case, with the proper setup... Is there a chance that the machines with the problems have that different sized NAND (don't remember the size off the top of my head, but I have a dump of one at home that I physically broke in a soldering accident)?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use the bootntr release on github I linked a few posts back?
Seems to have worked for Dr. Dew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3