Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.Darky said:
Depravo's YSAuto is defaulted to creat a .nds file instead of a firmware. Tried to change that by using r4config.bat but it still doesn't work...
It isn't defaulted to anything. It's possible you have set a default yourself by running the r4config.bat.

Delete the settings.ini file and run the r4.bat again. At the last question choose "1. As a firmware". That will generate a _DS_MENU.dat and a TTMENU folder.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
i think and i have tested, you dont need the "TTMENU.SYS"

So, just use -> TTMENU folder and the TTMENU.DAT... Every will work fine!
TTMenu.sys is needed... however, if you don't have one, it will be created by the firmware.
It is suggested that whenever you upgrade your firmware, you delete TTMenu.sys and let the firmware make a new one.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
basher11 said:
thats why i dont use YSAuto. i do it the hard way. its easier. [that makes no sense]
Yeah. That was pretty helpful too.

EDIT: Btw, I patched Spirit Tracks with the Xenophobia fix and I'm using the online fix cheat code for PS0. Since this new version apparently fixes the problems, should I just get clean roms are is it OK not to?

Clean Spirit Tracks (USA) Rom works fine with this release, so I would just use that.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
for r4 users just replace the files inside the TTmenu folder... thats all you need... though only replaced one file that will fix all anti-piracy fix in the game.

btw: shall we cal it kernel not firmware.. cause firmware is the software that works inside the DSTT itself and the kernel controls the DSTT to load roms.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
twiztidsinz said:
bitonio6 said:
i think and i have tested, you dont need the "TTMENU.SYS"

So, just use -> TTMENU folder and the TTMENU.DAT... Every will work fine!
TTMenu.sys is needed... however, if you don't have one, it will be created by the firmware.
It is suggested that whenever you upgrade your firmware, you delete TTMenu.sys and let the firmware make a new one.

its the reason why i say that...

The "TTMENU.SYS" war generated on a DSTT from somebody...

If you want to have your own installation, with your own DSTT/DSTTi hardware,
you must copy "ONLY" TTMENU and TTMENU.DAT

ivobhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, i have a question about this firmware. I'm using an R4 still with the v1.17a02 (YSmenu) and it was also generated with the modified Depravo's R4ysauto, so it runs homebrew fine. My question is: if i update/rebuild the kernel
wink.gif
, with the v1.17a12 it will still run homebrew? Sorry for any bad english, and thanks in advance.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ivobhz said:
Hey guys, i have a question about this firmware. I'm using an R4 still with the v1.17a02 (YSmenu) and it was also generated with the modified Depravo's R4ysauto, so it runs homebrew fine. My question is: if i update/rebuild the kernel
wink.gif
, with the v1.17a12 it will still run homebrew? Sorry for any bad english, and thanks in advance.

just replace the files in your TTMenu folder with the ones in the v1.17a12. no need to rebuild unless you have nothing to do.....

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
00falcon said:
has the cheat been updated along with the updated firmware?
I put the latest cheat file in the new r4YSauto.

QUOTE(ivobhz @ Dec 12 2009, 07:08 PM) My question is: if i update/rebuild the kernel
wink.gif
Yes, it still contains twiztidsinz' dldi fix from the last version.

Latest unofficial r4YSauto

Modified savlib - Generates 8Mb (1MB) save file for Spirit Tracks (U) unpatched

00falcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
00falcon said:
has the cheat been updated along with the updated firmware?
I put the latest cheat file in the new r4YSauto.

QUOTE(ivobhz @ Dec 12 2009, 07:08 PM) My question is: if i update/rebuild the kernel
wink.gif
Yes, it still contains twiztidsinz' dldi fix from the last version.

Latest unofficial r4YSauto

Modified savlib - Generates 1Mb save file for Spirit Tracks (U) unpatched

thanks for the info

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Depravo said:
It isn't defaulted to anything. It's possible you have set a default yourself by running the r4config.bat.

Delete the settings.ini file and run the r4.bat again. At the last question choose "1. As a firmware". That will generate a _DS_MENU.dat and a TTMENU folder.
I downloaded it from the link you provided earlier and as soon as I ran r4.bat a .nds file was created instantly only after asking 2 questions, which were language related. That's it. And yes, I've tried deleting settings.ini and running r4config once again and editing the options, but it stills keeps creating a YSMenu.nds file.

EDIT: Also, does the new Zelda REALLY needs a 1mb save file? I'm almost close to finish the game and haven't encountered any problems so far, except for the lag. :|

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda patched and clean roms both work fine. I just downloaded the clean dump and replaced my patched rom with it because I was tired of seeing the Xenophobia splash screen. I hate it when release groups put splashes in their patched roms. ~.~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to