Hacking My Nintendo account deactivated

Jhongerkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after putting it off for a couple of months, I decided to register Brawl and Mario Party 8 to my My Nintendo account. I havent used it in a while but had like 23 games registered as well as 5 or so systems. During this period, I installed the homebrew channel and tried out some .wads (uninstalling them after about 10 minutes using the wad uninstaller). I let the Nintendo channel collect data cause I didnt really care much and also forgot to unlink my account to the wii shop channel. Anywhoo, after trying to register the games, the site tells me that my account has been deactivated and to call the number. Is this a result of the homebrew, or does it just deactivate after a while? I didnt call them yet and dont plan to till tomorrow.

edit: Just emailed them, should get a reply in 2 days

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't been on Nintendo's site for a while I,ll check if my account is still active and get back to you...

Mmmm.... still works, even after over a full year. I guess it was indeed the Nintendo Channel's doing... (nothing confirmed though, might be something else)

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to my friend, his account was deactivated and from what he can tell, his online access has also been revoked on his Wii. He can't get the WiFi to work after his account was deactivated. It really suck for him, because it was the families Wii and not specifically his.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Might be a coincidence.. or no.. let's wait for a confirmation before jump into conclusions
smile.gif

Till then, I'll continue to evade WAD files. Hope they don't find my D2CKey
tongue.gif

Jhongerkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
Same thing happened to my friend, his account was deactivated and from what he can tell, his online access has also been revoked on his Wii. He can't get the WiFi to work after his account was deactivated. It really suck for him, because it was the families Wii and not specifically his.

Thats weird, cause I just tried to play some online Brawl (against anyone) about 2 hours ago and I was in the practice area for like 30 minutes... Coincidence?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did either of you use installed WAD Tickets to redownload from the Wii-Shop? Just trying to pinpoint what could have triggered Nintendo to ban you.

Jhongerkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jinxvorheeze said:
Did either of you use installed WAD Tickets to redownload from the Wii-Shop? Just trying to pinpoint what could have triggered Nintendo to ban you.

I installed the .wad itself with waninkokos installer then uninstalled it using the uninstaller. I didnt download anything from the shop.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't ever install the nintendo channel. Never really saw a reason to. Wow... I can watch flash trailers of upcoming Wii games...... I know that somepeople enjoy the DS Demo Download Play so I guess that's a nice feature, but a feature a Slot-1 card will render obsolete.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
ahhhh the perils of nintendo wifi

im jealous cause i cant connect but im also happy cause they dont have any kind of strings attached to me

so....
happy.gif
(

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm..... so the thing you guys have in common other than the WADs is the Nintendo Channel. And since we know it sends installed channel information to Nintendo, they could have easily found out.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you try calling the number and asking them why your account was disabled?

It's not like they're going to sue you for calling.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've installed WADs, visited the WiiShop channel (after installing WADs), even attempted to download ones before they fixed the ticket issue (just to try it), and even temporarily opted in to the Nintendo Channel (before I removed the damn thing because it's a stupid program). All with My Nintendo account linked

My Nintendo account is still active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol