Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theres very little coming out and what is coming out kinda looks turdy. so I've abandoned the weekly release thread for the rest of this year and instead I'll do threads about what to look forward to next year. As the title says PART ONE so no "Oh man you suck, wheres "Final Fantasy 17: Fanboy Dreams" or "My Little Fluffer" that comes free with the fleshlight or GBAtemp Adventures: Lagdrians Vs BoneHaZey"?" I haven't missed games out, just mentioning these for now...read on!

Insecticide

Month Expected: Febuary Genre: Action/Adventure
Developer: Crackpot Entertainment Publisher: Gamecock

Been keeping an keen eye on this for a while. Insecticide is a hard-boiled, fast-shooting detective game set in a festering future city where bugs have evolved as the planet’s dominant race. A murder at the powerful Nectarola soft drink company leads police from the Insecticide Squad on a bug hunt through the city’s seedy underbelly, and into a mystery of epic proportions. Join Detective Chrys Liszt and partner Roachy Caruthers on the case as they become entangled in a web of crime. It’s an action-adventure in the truest sense of the word, immersing players in cinematic combat levels, as well as a story-based detective investigation. Players can interrogate suspects, interview witnesses and play good cop/bad cop to get the info needed to solve the case and win the game.

Video Link

939677_20071116_screen003.jpg
939677_20071116_screen007.jpg
939677_20071128_screen002.jpg

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Month Expected: Febuary Genre: Adventure
Developer: Level 5 Publisher: Nintendo

The first of three titles, two of which are already out in Japan. The focus of this game is on solving puzzles, so we'll start there. The game presents its puzzles in a straightforward way. The top screen usually lists a problem with text, with the bottom screen allowing you to solve the problem directly with the stylus. Different from other puzzle and quiz based DS games, Layton has an adventure mode, with lots of text boxes and catchy character and background art. You move between the puzzles by selecting locations on a town map

Video Link

ME0000780480_2.jpg
ME0000785234_2.jpg
ME0000780481_2.jpg

N+

Month Expected: Febuary Genre: Platformer
Developer: SilverBirch Studios Publisher: Atari

Yet another free flash game makes it to the this, but will it be worth paying money for? A minimalist and yet feature-packed puzzle/platform action game, N has you as greedy ninja driven for gold. New is downloadable content, multiplayer modes (with game sharing), and a level editor. Leader boards are planned to determine who is the greatest ninja of all. The original's fluid animation and pick-up-and-play mechanics will be retained in the translation.

2001035108556225085_rs.jpg

Nanostray 2

Month Expected: January Genre: Shoot-em-up
Developer: Shin'en Publisher: Majesco

Can't say I thought the first game was as great as some say maybe thats because I've gone through nearly all of the Arcade, Neo Geo and console shmups and fount it to be nothing new but it was a fun game despite various flaws. This one is said to be a lot better and more impressive as the developers have taken longer to make this and know the DS a lot better. Nanostray 2 features six game modes, including two-player co-op, two-player vs, Challenge (with 30+ different missions) and the brand new Simulator (go high-score hunting in four futuristic games). With both horizontal and vertical viewpoints that offer more variety between levels, Nanostray 2 also includes multiple control schemes and configurable weapons that are a necessity to defeat the game’s 16 formidable bosses. In addition, players can upload their scores via Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection so they can see how they rank against the best. Sounds better to me.

Video Link

ME0000846932_2.jpg
ME0000775177_2.jpg
ME0000818681_2.jpg

Teenage Zombies Invasion of the Brain Thingys

Month Expected: April-June Genre: Platform puzzler
Developer: Ignition Entertainment Publisher: Ignition Entertainment

Teenage Zombies uses a whimsical style that focuses on, and parodies the Zombie genre, as well as 1950s style Science Fiction. This is presented in a comic book look featuring comic book panels, dialogue boxes and story telling. Gameplay involves side-scrolling adventures opening up to stylus mini-games, double-screen boss battles, and brain busting puzzle challenges. Sounding an awful lot like The Lost Vikings, the zombies (Fins, Lefty and Half-Pipe) each have unique attributes that are also leveraged through their power-ups within the game. Very quickly the player learns the idea that each zombie is best suited for different things, so swapping becomes second nature. The power-ups that are encountered are specific to each of the zombies. Fire puke, a vacuum cleaner, and huge skateboard wheels are a just few of the power-ups. As a publisher Ignition Entertainment have published a lot of crap but this is their first game they're developing. Lets hope it doesn't fail.

ME0000890550_2.jpg
ME0000890551_2.jpg
ME0000890547_2.jpg

Metal Slug 7

Month Expected: TBA Genre: Platform Shoot-em-up
Developer: SNK Publisher: SNK Playmore

Finally a new 2D Metal Slug game! And on the DS too! After Contra 4 my wanting for this has increased. Ok sure I'd rather have Metal Slug 3rd Mission but its great to see this appear on the DS, lets just hope SNK don't mess it up like they did with the GBA game. Shame Metal Slug 1 GBA never got released despite being finished but this will make do. There are little details and the screens issued are of a very early version.

Video Link

metal-slug-7-20070920045927637.jpg
metal-slug-7-20070920045930606.jpg
metal-slug-7-20070920045930090.jpg

Super Dodgeball Brawlers

Month Expected:June Genre: Dodgeball
Developer: ARC System Works Publisher: Aksys Games

The dodgeball series is back! Loved this on the NES and SNES, not so on the GBA but lets hope that this is better on NDS. Super Dodgeball Brawlers maintains the great pick up and play feel of the classic Dodgeball series while adding in over 100 new super throws, as well as melee combat -- a first for the series. The versus mode of the original game has returned along with an all new 8-player Brawl mode. This NEEDS online but doesn't have it. Japan version is out shortly.

super-dodge-ball-20071019114710794.jpg
super-dodge-ball-20071019114709965.jpg
super-dodge-ball-20071019114706778.jpg

The World Ends With You

Month Expected: June-August Genre: RPG
Developer: Jupiter Publisher: Square Enix

Remember the Japanese title "Its A Wonderful World"? This is the English version! At the moment only the Euro release has been announced but I'm sure elsewhere will get dates soon. The game follows a boy named Neck. who has woken up to realize that he has seven days left to live. The God of Death has decided to play a game with this Tokyo native, and as Neck steps out onto the Shibuya Crossings and looks up at the multi-story Outback Café building, he witnesses both horrible and wonderful things that he will have to use his mystical powers to deal with. Later he is joined by a girl named Tsuki, and together they must battle monsters known as "Noise" if they have any hope in saving Neck. The World Ends With You promises to be achingly stylish thanks to both this premise and also the game's setting. It takes place in Tokyo's trendiest district and is apparently influenced by all things Japanese and modern. The European version's soundtrack will deliver a range of hip-hop, rock and techno, while you'll be able to trade trends and items with friends over wi-fi. Activating the 'Chance Encounter' mode means you'll also be able to share data with fellow gamers you bump into in the real world.

Video Link

ME0000855289_2.jpg
ME0000855288_2.jpg
ME0000855286_2.jpg

Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe

Month Expected: TBA Genre: Platform & Mini Games
Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo

Remember Kirby Super Star/Kirby Fun Pack? This is the DS remake! Never expected this did you? Its personally my favourite 16 bit Kirby game and I can't wait for this to be on my DS. It will feature new graphics, 3D cutscenes, and more minigames. A new card feature has also been revealed, showing characters from other games in the series. Its also rumoured to have WFC modes as well.

ME0000881881_2.jpg
ME0000881972_2.jpg
ME0000881880_2.jpg

Soma Bringer

Month Expected: TBA Genre: RPG
Developer: Monolith Publisher: Nintendo

The first game developed by Monolith since the company's acquisition by Nintendo back in April (they are also developing the Wii title Disaster: Day of Crisis). Monolith Soft is best known for their work on the Xenosaga and the Baten Kaitos series and features members who have previously worked with Square in the 90's. Very little has been revealed about the game, apart from the fact that the music will be composed by Yasunori Mitsuda and his Procyon Studio. A release date has not yet been determined. Why is it here? Its Monolith Software! They make brilliant RPGs and we could do with some better ones.

ME0000881883_2.jpg
ME0000881882_2.jpg
ME0000881884_2.jpg

Galatrix

Month Expected: TBA Genre: Puzzle/RPG/Strategey
Developer: Infinite Interaction Publisher: D3

Puzzle Quest was awesome and made by Infinite Interaction, they also did a old fashion Warlords DS title but thats still looking for a publisher. This is their next title for the DS . Galactrix is a unique blend of puzzle, RPG and strategy genres, set in a sci-fi world. Played out in battle as a match-3 puzzle game, players face enemies for control of the galaxy. Create a persistent pilot who gains skills and ships as he completes more battles and experience a conquer-the-galaxy style campaign mode. So basically its Puzzle Quest but using a different gridded puzzle game. Screens are from the PC version but like Puzzle Quest they should basically give you a good idea of what it'll look like.

2006061967122250655_rs.jpg

Secret Files Tunguska

Month Expected:Febuary-April Genre: Point & Click Adventure
Developer: 10tacle Studios Publisher: Deep Silver

An adventure title that originally appeared on the PC last year. Players take on the role of Nina Kalenkow, a Russian motorcycle mechanic investigating the disappearance of her scientist father. Nina's search leads her to Tunguska, Siberia, the site of a mysterious 1908 explosion that leveled an estimated 80 million trees over 830 square miles. These are the screens given to various sites from the publisher and to me they just look too high res and good for the DS so I reckon that they are just mock ups of using the PC screens, but I guess it'll give us an idea but don't expect it to look as good.

2003293343675035100_rs.jpg

Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky

Month Expected: TBA Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Level 5 Publisher: Square Enix

DQM: Joker looked good didn't it? This will look a lot better! Finally a brand new PROPER DQ game on a Nintendo system. Expect this to be a best seller in Japan, and I really hope that we get it in English in 2008. Dragon Quest 9 features an action-oriented battle system playable cooperatively by up to four players via Wi-Fi. The DS's dual screen setup is also put to use, with the top screen showing a map and the bottom screen housing all the action. Thats all we really know about the game but the developer is promising it to be quite a lengthy game and that it'll be of very high quality.

Video Link

ME0000881911_2.jpg
ME0000881909_2.jpg
ME0000766728_2.jpg

And thats all for now, if this thread does well then more next week!

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What sucks is that Nintendo isn't making any first party DS games anymore. So all we have is the 3rd parties and some 2nd parties[like Kirby for instance]

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow!
This next year is packed with even more quality games.
I have to fix my touchscreen or get a lite.. whichever comes first

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sucks is that Nintendo isn't making any first party DS games anymore. So all we have is the 3rd parties and some 2nd parties[like Kirby for instance]
Oh yes they are!

Bimoji Training! This title offers players a chance to practice their kanji.
Wander Donkey. No idea what this is.
DS Air (US version of Jet Impulse) IF it ever comes out over here.
Nintendo Crossword.

So erm not exactly what we wanted (apart from DS Air) but I'm sure theres some to come soon, didn't they have like 75 DS titles in development last year? Maybe some of those will come out.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Sounds like a semi-decent year to me, although I can't wait for an English version of Tales of Innocence.

Can't wait to see what will be in Part Two.

P

pasc

Semi Decent ? Kingdomhearts 358/2 Days has yet to come and hadrian forgot to tell us that Ninja Gaiden will come out december (according to the demo).

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Semi Decent ? Kingdomhearts 358/2 Days has yet to come and hadrian forgot to tell us that Ninja Gaiden will come out december (according to the demo).

I meant Semi-Decent towards what I had seen in that post, I have no idea what other games are coming in 2008.

Although, I'll probably love Nanostray 2.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No no, he didn't forget, this is simply part one. =P

About DQ9, I'm pretty sure I heard that they decided to change the battle system back to turn-based because JAPAN HAET REAL-TIME ACTION.
If that was just a rumor though...yay!

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
About DQ9, I'm pretty sure I heard that they decided to change the battle system back to turn-based because JAPAN HAET REAL-TIME ACTION.
If that was just a rumor though...yay!

why is the Tales Of ... "Linear Motion Battle System" so popular then? been used in every game (with slight modifications every time). most of the Tales games are japanese exclusives with no chance at American bastardizations

P

pasc

You forgot one IMPORTANT thing:

Tales has been Realtime ever since back in the SNES days but the change of the Battlesystem in DQ just to be able to make decent Wifi Fights would make a big cut to the series and therefore stop the japs from buying it (just specualtion on SE's side maybe)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DQIX, no doubt the apple of my eye, but Soma Bringer is another I've been excited about, too. But you forgot about Exit DS. I've read they've tinkered with the controls some and the game now will offer more than just the touch-screen control option. I look forward to that game as well.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Sweet list.. i must say i really like your posts with upcoming games Hadrian.

FFXVII Fanboy Dreams would actually be a cool game.. where they would make it so that everyone gets to do everything they want to be able to do in a FF game (in the 3-4 hours they actually play the game before they move on to the forums/irc to scream for releases
tongue.gif
)

The world ends with you.. soma bringer and DQIX are the ones that catch my eye.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You forgot one IMPORTANT thing:

Tales has been Realtime ever since back in the SNES days but the change of the Battlesystem in DQ just to be able to make decent Wifi Fights would make a big cut to the series and therefore stop the japs from buying it (just specualtion on SE's side maybe)
That's the gist of it basically.
The Tales of... games are famous for their real-time action system while DQ is famous for being one of the greatest turn-based series out there.

Shanshobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As for me most interesting are:
Professor Layton and the Curious Village and Super Sodgeball Brawlers...
cool.gif

With such games for the begining, I'm most certain that the new year won't be as bad...
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto