sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never have played a Dragon Quest game before but i know i will love this one since i like a lot of DS RPG's
best thing about this game is its awesome graphics and its fun gameplay(kind of like FF3)
well i know i will be looking out for this game hoping it gets in early leak since its like a major release

one week left
grog.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, since Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword doesn't seem to be releasing this year after all, Joker is probably gonna be the last "big one" for me this year. I can't wait. Yeah, I'm also a sucker for good 3-D graphics on the DS, and this game seems to really do amazing things in that department. It also just looks like a really fun RPG. I especially appreciate the way they are going with monster indicators on the field (ala Tales games), which should take out the tediousness of too many random encounters. Overworld looks great, and the monster breeding seems a lot more fun and integral to the gameplay than it is in Pokemon.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to it too and it has wi-fi.

Theres still some very nice looking games to come Orcs & Elves, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Geometry Wars: Galaxies and Panzer Tactics DS are the ones I'm looking forward too. There are others that could be great but I wish there was some more retro style titles out there.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO RANDOM BATTLES!!!! 
bow.gif

Wha? That doesn't make sense
frown.gif

I think he/she was responding to my comment about monster indicators in the field. Unlike past games, and most other RPGs where you randomly encounter monsters in the field, this game will have monster indicators like a Tales game. It will help to cut down the number of unnecessary monster encounters. No random battles, basically.

@ Warcueid: We're discussing the English version. The Japanese version has been out for quite a while now.
wink.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I myself can't wait to play it either. I only played Dragon Quest VIII and I didn't enjoy it that much. >_>

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NO RANDOM BATTLES!!!! 
bow.gif

Wha? That doesn't make sense
frown.gif

I think he/she was responding to my comment about monster indicators in the field. Unlike past games, and most other RPGs where you randomly encounter monsters in the field, this game will have monster indicators like a Tales game. It will help to cut down the number of unnecessary monster encounters. No random battles, basically.

@ Warcueid: We're discussing the English version. The Japanese version has been out for quite a while now.
wink.gif

You are absolutely correct. The screen doesn't just flash and your in a battle, but you can actually see the monsters walking around and you can have a chance to run from them. Random battles make my eyes bleed
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto