Hacking Guitar Hero 5 USB or BackUp Loader help.

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking this because I only see the cIOScorp tutorial, and I don't want cIOScorp.

I want to load GH5 from the Backup Channel or USB Loader/ Uloader.
I think I have everything I need I just want to make sure.. I don't have time for a Brick right now.lol

I have cios installer tho I have no idea what cIOS it installs. "got it from a torrent I'm 99% sure its the right one."
I also have Uloader.

The next steps I'm not sure about..
I'm kinda guessing that I install the cIOS to IOS 222?
After that I'm guessing I can run Guitar Hero from Uloader or any other loader that lets me load from the IOS 222..?

Am I right?

Thanks guys!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'll want Hermes' cIOS installer, and will need to install 37-merged-36 as IOS 222/223 (popular choice is to install 36 as 222 and 37-36 as 223), and then run it from any loader which lets you choose the IOS.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
As the ^poster said, you will need Hermes cIOS.

I recommend using CFG Loader because its more compatible and hassle free. Set IOS to 223 mload and 002 anti to on.

Jammed yesterday using this method^^

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some one give me a tutorial on the best way to do this?
Do I install the cIOS to 223 or 249, I'm so confused..

I realy need step by step instructions at this point.

Thanks so far guys.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Load up Herme's cios installer, then choose the following:

- Selected IOS for install: 249
- Install Custom IOS 223
- Use IOS 36 merged with IOS 37

finally, press A to start the installation. Wait until it finishes, and then turn on the 002 Fix in either USB Loader GX or CFG Loader and then the game should run fine, at least it does for me. If you want DS connectivity for roadie mode, then you need to install ios 56 (not cios!) which you can get for example with NUS Downloader.

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much LinkFan16.
I have a cIOS installer that says its made by Hermes but it say its for Uloader.. ^.^"

Can someone PM me a link to get the cIOS by Hermes you guys are talking about.
THANKS!

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
I don't want to sound pessimistic but this method never worked for me. I had to burn the disc and play it through Disc Channel using cIOSCORP.

I hate to hear that.
But I read a few post and people are saying there playing it this way..
Whats your Wiis specks?

My Wii is..
4.0U System Menu.
cIOS rev14.

Someone please PM me that Hermes cIOS installer everyone is talking about I got give this a try.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
oxMUDxo said:
Thank you so much LinkFan16.
I have a cIOS installer that says its made by Hermes but it say its for Uloader.. ^.^"

Can someone PM me a link to get the cIOS by Hermes you guys are talking about.
THANKS!

.. Because Hermes made uLoader which runs cios 223.. that's the right loader.

My god this question has been answered over 1000 times now. Someone sticky a thread or something called "HOW TO GET GUITAR HERO/ROCK BAND GAMES AND INSTRUMENTS TO WORK" and then flame people who don't read it because it's becoming a joke.

You install cios222 as ios36 and install cios223 as ios36 merge 37 then you run the game with uloader and choose cios223. Is that so hard?

And by the way, your "specks"? cIOS rev 14 = Your version of cios 249. That's one IOS and it has nothing to do with cios 223. And your system menu version doesn't make a difference.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the installer you have is the right one. It says that it's for uloader, but in usb loader gx (revision 717) you can choose the custom ios you want to boot the game with in the game's options (select the game, then click on settings). By the way the information I provided is from this post:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2219407

hope that helps

Edit: nvm, seems like someone was a bit faster than me

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Take a look at the first post on the first page of the official USB Loader GX thread - somewhere it mentions the latest precompiled dol, this is what you need. Download the dol, then launch it through HBC or get the forwarder channel which you find also in the first post of the GX thread.

Edit: It might be that you get revision 718 instead of 717, but that doesn't matter since rev 718 does the job as well

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alexrose said:
My god this question has been answered over 1000 times now. Someone sticky a thread or something called "HOW TO GET GUITAR HERO/ROCK BAND GAMES AND INSTRUMENTS TO WORK" and then flame people who don't read it because it's becoming a joke.
Easy, mate...
This might have been asked one thousand times but this won't work for everyone.

This method works just fine for EVERY GH/RB games for me EXCEPT for GH5... Though I double checked my ISO!

sirsquintz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So definitively - if you follow both LinkFan16's instruction...

Load up Herme's cios installer, then choose the following:

- Selected IOS for install: 249
- Install Custom IOS 223
- Use IOS 36 merged with IOS 37

finally, press A to start the installation. Wait until it finishes, and then turn on the 002 Fix in either USB Loader GX or CFG Loader and then the game should run fine, at least it does for me. If you want DS connectivity for roadie mode, then you need to install ios 56 (not cios!) which you can get for example with NUS Downloader.

....and Alexrose's instruction...

You install cios222 as ios36 and install cios223 as ios36 merge 37 then you run the game with uloader and choose cios223. Is that so hard?

...you will be able to run GH5 off the USB drive. If you follow the directions to load up with Hermes 222/223 and then set your loader to roll the game from cios 223 you WILL load GH5 through USB Loader, confirmed this afternoon. I used USB Loader 7 making sure to change the load settings to cios223. Big ups to LiinkFan16 and Alexrose for the direction. Much love to MACHINE for keeping 5L in the house with the moral support.

stuffthatsgood

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is my problem:

- I Selected IOS for install: 249
- I choose Install Custom IOS 223

And it comes up with
- Use IOS 38 merged with IOS 37

IOS 38 shows up, not 36. Anyone?

barcode1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stuffthatsgood said:
Here is my problem:

- I Selected IOS for install: 249
- I choose Install Custom IOS 223

And it comes up with
- Use IOS 38 merged with IOS 37

IOS 38 shows up, not 36. Anyone?

Yeh im gettin this exact issue , wasn't sure if i'd missed something along the way??

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new version (v4) of hermes now uses ios38 has the base so the new choices are:
38 (default)
38 merge 37 (this is the one you want to use for RB/GH)
38 merge 60

Just pick whatever option you have for XX merge 37 and that should work.

edrock200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CapeCrusader said:
Thanks for the instructions. GH5 works great through USB loader, now hopefully Beatles Rockband will work just as well.
Got GH5 working here too. Followed this guide for Hermes info http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 :

NTSC USA Wii 4.1 FW
USB GX Loader 718
Hermes 222 with 37 and 38 merged
Hermes 223 with 60 and 38 merged

GX Loader - 002 set to Anti, IOS set to 222. Everything else at default, boots fine.

NTSC Rock Band Beatles I could not get to work. Admittedly I didn't research much.

PAL Rock Band Beatles I got to work on the first try with:
002 Set to On, IOS set to 222, Force NTSC and Video Patch On

Some people have mentioned sync issues with The Beatles - Rockband. I only have a Mic and guitar, no drums, but everything is in sync.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==