Gaming [Confirmed] New Jasper Motherboard Contains 256mb Flash Memory

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Sorry guys, it seems I jumped the gun. My motherboard is a Falcon, and yet it has internal storage. Interesting none the less.

So I read this article, and didn't think much of it...

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/11/28/ru...ternal-storage/

...that is until my old eBay 360 died on Black Friday, just in time for me to miss all of the sales on new ones. However, I was in for a nice surprise when I got home from buying a new Arcade at Target. Rather than containing a 256mb Memory Unit, the console has it built in. I've already got a 512mb MU, and a 120gb HD, so space isn't much of an issue. However, it is a nice way to confirm if you've got a Jasper or not. (Assuming I did get a Jasper... I'm not sure how to check. I'm a 360 noob.)

skitched-20081201-132750.jpg

Just thought you all might want to know.

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yup, I've got a Jasper.
biggrin.gif
I didn't realize they were out yet. It'll be nice not having to worry about this 360 Red Ringing in the foreseeable future. With the recent live bannings and such, I think I'll keep this 360 legit anyways. I do have my old unflashed MS28 lying around if I change my mind though ^^;

EDIT: Turns out I misread the brick. It was stuck behind my desk and I couldn't see it well.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sjones411 said:
biggrin.gif
I didn't realize they were out yet. It'll be nice not having to worry about this 360 Red Ringing in the foreseeable future. With the recent live bannings and such, I think I'll keep this 360 legit anyways. I do have my old unflashed MS28 lying around if I change my mind though ^^;

Lol you still have much to worry about. There have already been confirmed reports of Jasper boards with RRoD.
wacko.gif

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
sjones411 said:
biggrin.gif

Lol you still have much to worry about. There have already been confirmed reports of Jasper boards with RRoD.
wacko.gif

Youch. Ah well...

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
754boy said:
sjones411 said:
biggrin.gif

wacko.gif

Mind posting a link to these reports?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dinofan01 said:
A little off topic but why isn't your disc tray shiny? Are all arcades not shiny?

Only pro and elite consoles have the shiny disc tray. The core and arcade have always had a white one.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
dinofan01 said:
A little off topic but why isn't your disc tray shiny? Are all arcades not shiny?

Only pro and elite consoles have the shiny disc tray. The core and arcade have always had a white one.
Thats so weird. Does it really cost Msoft so much they cant put it on all of them? It makes the console look better in my opinion.

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Armadillo said:
dinofan01 said:

Thats so weird. Does it really cost Msoft so much they cant put it on all of them? It makes the console look better in my opinion.

Heh, I personally think it's so gamers will ante up to the Pro edition, and not have to live with the shame and taint of buying the low end Arcade edition.

In all seriousness though, I like the silver better as well. I'm thinking of looking into swapping it out with my old RRoD 360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.