WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I'm tired of waiting to fix my banner bricked wii, since I can't autoboot any disc I plan to buy and install a modchip that supports autoboot.

And this can be useful for those who will newly mod their wii. Here is the information I gathered so far :

Modchip --- O supports autoboot / X doesn't support autoboot

D2CKey--- X
D2CPro--- X
Wasabi---- X
D2Pro----- ?
D2Pro9---- ?
D2Pro21---?
Argon----- O
Argon9---- ?
D2Sun---- ?
D2Sun2--- ?
D2Sunv3- O
D2Lite---- ?
WiiKey---- O
YAOSM---- O
Cyclowiz-- O
Wiinja----- O

Also please add any chips that I missed in the list, you can use either bootme or autoboot creator to patch a wii iso as autoboot.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe
http://landeblog.wordpress.com/wii-autoboot-creator/

NIMIKQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiikey supports Autoboot, thats how I fixed my banner brick
yaynds.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SenorClean said:
Hopefully you mean cold swap... I wouldn't recommend swapping drives while the wii is running!

Actually used it out of it's original meaning... Of course I'll do the thing while everything is powered off
smile.gif

In the sense it will be hot (sexy
smile.gif
)

ps: not a native speaker...

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
so this would mean that i need a old wii drive and wii key and then i can unbrick my wii without the trucha signed discs? running twilight princess and fix it with wad manager?

edit: seems we are having same problem fixing our wii although you have a modchip and 3.2

as far as i know d2pro doesn't have autoboot, but i'm not sure about that...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
so this would mean that i need a old wii drive and wii key and then i can unbrick my wii without the trucha signed discs? running twilight princess and fix it with wad manager?

edit: seems we are having same problem fixing our wii although you have a modchip and 3.2

as far as i know d2pro doesn't have autoboot, but i'm not sure about that...

Well actually swapping drives is possible and easy... but finding someone willing to swap drives is hard.. no one seems to care. And the service centers (not the official ones) are worse in knowledge than an average gbatemper and they are unwilling to do the thing because they do not know anything about it.

About the d2c board thing... it was just my estimation, we'll see if it's actually true or not. I do think that it has to do with the chip's working method. I know that wiikey and earlier mods work differently than the d2c modchips, hence the low wire count. Possibly it's because of a security issue that is fixed with the drivechip (d2c and onwards).

That's an estimation too...

And yes if my estimations are correct (I hope not so), there only left 4 options to solve the issue... two of them is not ready yet. From easiest to hardest.

1. Swapping the drives with a wiikey modded one just to fix the problem and reswap. (maybe buy a second hand wii with wiikey and sell afterwards)
2. Patch freeloader's apploader so that it patches the system menu either force recovery menu or to display only the disc channel instead of all channels. (see here : http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?8,1693). need to learn ppc and some inner workings of the wii. You need a modchip..
3. Build the recovery dongle (It ain't published yet)
4. Flash the backup nand dump with the infectus chip (You need to have a nand backup)

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
not unless you have 3.3 on your wii so i would still need a way to make my wii go into recovery mode without a disc or i would need a chip which you can force to boot discs without the system menu... so i think my only hope is still a modchip and recovery dongle (if it will ever be published how to build one...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
not unless you have 3.3 on your wii so i would still need a way to make my wii go into recovery mode without a disc or i would need a chip which you can force to boot discs without the system menu... so i think my only hope is still a modchip and recovery dongle (if it will ever be published how to build one...

Swapping drives will work for you too... If you still have the hacked twilight saves (I know you are not sure about that), you can autoboot with zelda patched autoboot.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiCrazy said:
FGOD said:

Swapping drives will work for you too... If you still have the hacked twilight saves (I know you are not sure about that), you can autoboot with zelda patched autoboot.

autoboot patching would still leave it trucha signed is it not? so why would that help on a system menu 3.3 which blocks trucha signed discs... am i going nuts or am i forgetting something?

edit: i think the D2pro9 has autoboot cause it can be updated by dvd... See here

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
autoboot patching would still leave it trucha signed is it not? so why would that help on a system menu 3.3 which blocks trucha signed discs... am i going nuts or am i forgetting something?

edit: i think the D2pro9 has autoboot cause it can be updated by dvd... See here

Modification in the disc header (like patching region) doesn't require signing again so it will work on trucha disabled 3.3 system menu. I'm not sure if dvd upgrading is a sign of chip supporting autoboot. Dvd upgrade disks are gc disks right? We should actually hear from a d2pro9 user if it actually works or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__