Gaming Playing retail Metroid: Other M on a Softmodded Wii

demonkaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just got the PAL version of the game and was wondering how I would play this on a softmodded Wii? When I try to play via the disc channel I just get a black screen. Would I have to play it through Neogammer or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
retail metroid game gives you a black screen when you start it?

maybe there's something wrong with the disk itself?
softmodding your wii doesn't stop it from playing retail disks though the disk channel

D

Deleted_171835

That shouldn't.
I have a softmodded Wii and I was able to play the original disc just fine.
Is your Wii NTSC?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Weird I have the retail copy and so does a mate but I can play it through the disk channel and he can't!

He used Neo Gamma to get around this.

Baconmasterx

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also having problems playing the US retail disk of Metroid: Other M on my softmoded Wii. My game keeps freezing during the baby cry cutscene after the tutorial.

I've tried loading the game normally from the system menu (with preloader hack to disable system menu upgrade), through neogamma, and through my usb harddrive using wiiflow. The game freezes at the same cutscene each time.

I've also tried booting the game with Wiiflow using Hermes cIOS 222.

I have the latest version of Hermes and wiiflow available through gbatemps download link.

My system menu is 4.0U i dont know if that may be causing the problem.

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the black screen problem. I'm on a safe updated to 4.1E Wii and I have disc updates blocked by preloader. Do I perhaps need to safe update to 4.3E or will updating a particular IOS do?

It's a retail PAL copy by the way.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest you all update your IOS files (at least the ones that aren't stubbed). All I know for sure is that Other M (the retail disk) works fine over here. That's about the only thing I can think of that might cause a problem like this.

cr235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just bought the retail copy of metroid other m and my wii will not even read this game in the disc channel or neogamma, definately not my drive as other discs work... im on 4.2e

i cannot find any way to fix this and it making me go insane

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, this is very strange. I copied the game to my harddrive with WiiFlow and it boots fine from there making me wonder whether it is an IOS problem (surely if I was missing a particular IOS or using an old version the game would refuse to run in all instances?).

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
cr235 said:
i just bought the retail copy of metroid other m and my wii will not even read this game in the disc channel or neogamma, definately not my drive as other discs work... im on 4.2e

i cannot find any way to fix this and it making me go insane
Did you use an official nintendo lens cleaning kit they did say to use it before playing a dual layer disc when they released SSBB

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, this is very strange. I copied the game to my harddrive with WiiFlow and it boots fine from there making me wonder whether it is an IOS problem (surely if I was missing a particular IOS or using an old version the game would refuse to run in all instances?). Does anyone have any ideas?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I don't understand all this IOS talk. It's been about a year since I updated anything on my softmod Wii and every game plays without a hitch. If your disc isn't playing properly it might have something to do with it being DL. Apparently there's a good bit of people who bought the game but can't play it without cleaning lens
tongue.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
demonkaze said:
I've just got the PAL version of the game and was wondering how I would play this on a softmodded Wii? When I try to play via the disc channel I just get a black screen. Would I have to play it through Neogammer or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Run from the latest Neogamma with cios249 rev 17+ installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==