"Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - M∀RS" Releases In September 2018

zoe.JPG

We knew that Kojima's classic mech game was coming sometime in Spring 2018 but now Konami has been more specific.

In a Facebook post today, Japanese publisher has announced that Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS will be coming in September 2018. A comparison trailer was even released for the occasion which compares the new game screen to ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS (PS2) and ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS HD EDITION (PS3):

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS is coming in 4k resolution to Steam and PS4 with VR support on PlayStation VR, and SteamVR.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS Official Website

D

Deleted User

Loved the first ZoTE, didn't really get into the second one.

I'd get this, if it were on Switch.

No Switch-e, no buy-e.

Reactions: Frexxos

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a classic game from PS2, but this update isn't enough to make me play it again. A lot of people will know it because they bought Z.O.E 1 just to get the Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Demo.
There was also a pretty decent anime: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z.O.E._Dolores,_I
the bigger news is finally a pc release and vr support
I watched that anime last year and it was pretty good, alot better then the hundreds on teenagers in giant mechs saving the world ones anyway

Reactions: T-hug
D

Deleted User

if this was pre-2012 Konami, I would be excited like the most intolerable joke cracking fanboy in the universe, but this is 2018 Konami, They aren't good people anymore. the old reliable company that I turned to when Sega failed time and again, it died when they decided to make Kojima-san's life a living hell. We can't trust them not to do a EA or Activision to it, not after MGS: Survive. So, we must hope for the best, and expect the worst.

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's great to see progress on this port, but I still feel sorry they didn't include (or announced they will, DLC maybe?) ZOE1 too.
Not necessarily compatible with PSVR, but as a 4k remastered HD like ZOE2.
I think having both games on the same console is always an advantage for people who never played the series yet. (me!)

I might have to play ZOE 1 HD on PS3 then. (or PS2...)

Reactions: Prans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work