Zelda Picross (Vita Port) crashes at startup

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the 3DS port of this but it doesn't have a button for Hypothesis Mode (Per https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Zelda_Picross_Vita on Vita it's Triangle). Problem is, this port crashes at startup and there's no known issue. This could be a more general problem as many homebrews simply crash at startup (often for lack of data files, of which no documentation exists on where to get them or where to put them. Aka Zelda 3 port). I'm on 3.65 running Henkaku Enso. Any ideas? Maybe there's certain plugins needed? Thanks.

kyphosis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@XFoxPrower - I am also having the same issue. If you or anyone figures out why Zelda Picross for Vita crashes at start--or has the solution to this error--please let us know in the comments. Thank you!

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFoxPrower - I am also having the same issue. If you or anyone figures out why Zelda Picross for Vita crashes at start--or has the solution to this error--please let us know in the comments. Thank you!

Thanks be to Woofer_Mazing for messaging me about this. I haven't tried this yet, but he says that you must manually create a directory at ux0:data/ZeldaPicross/save . I guess it's a permissions thing.

Last edited by XFoxPrower,
Reactions: kyphosis

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks be to Woofer_Mazing for messaging me about this. I haven't tried this yet, but he says that you must manually create a directory at ux0:data/ZeldaPicross/save . I guess it's a permissions thing.
Did you solved it?

I'm willing to try this one out too.

Thanks!

kyphosis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@XFoxPrower - It worked! Thanks so much for sharing that update!

For me, it was just a matter of doing the following:

1. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the ZeldaPicross.vpk
2. Opening ZeldaPicross from the icon (and confirming the same error still occurred when starting the game)
3. Going to ux0 -> data in VitaShell attached to a PC. Create a folder there named ZeldaPicross, and, inside that folder, make a folder called save

Step 3 above is most likely the only step necessary, but doing all of the above worked for me.

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFoxPrower - It worked! Thanks so much for sharing that update!

For me, it was just a matter of doing the following:

1. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the ZeldaPicross.vpk
2. Opening ZeldaPicross from the icon (and confirming the same error still occurred when starting the game)
3. Going to ux0 -> data in VitaShell attached to a PC. Create a folder there named ZeldaPicross, and, inside that folder, make a folder called save

Step 3 above is most likely the only step necessary, but doing all of the above worked for me.
So the only step necessary is creating ux0:data/ZeldaPicross. It can create the save folder and other files from there.

I read that Triangle will allow Hypothesis Mode. I don't yet have the Book of Mudora on my Vita port yet but so far, Triangle only breaks the music. And then you have to choose between 2 different font bugs with an experimental fix. Then there's another variation from the 3DS port: Dragging 'X's places them with each D-pad press rather than dragging a rect to drop. But so far, the Vita port is pretty fluid and stable.

• Wow
Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the only step necessary is creating ux0:data/ZeldaPicross. It can create the save folder and other files from there.

I read that Triangle will allow Hypothesis Mode. I don't yet have the Book of Mudora on my Vita port yet but so far, Triangle only breaks the music. And then you have to choose between 2 different font bugs with an experimental fix. Then there's another variation from the 3DS port: Dragging 'X's places them with each D-pad press rather than dragging a rect to drop. But so far, the Vita port is pretty fluid and stable.
Well XFox I'm glad you posted all of this. I was thinking about getting it but it seems, per your description to have a few (but annoying) problems. Thanks for keeping us posted!

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still worth getting, but beware of this major issue: The music at Lake Hylia doesn't loop right and does this horrible staticky noise. Scared me so much. So be sure to hit Triangle to break the music. Guess we have to bypass bugs with more bugs.

Side note, I've been brainstorming a Metroid Picross idea, and I'd have no regrets if someone takes my ideas, as long as they make it happen. I'll make a separate thread for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste