D

Deleted User

Last edited by ,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a good scoring system is one in which the average is 5/10. if 8/10 is bad, then the scoring system is fucked up
It depends on what you mean by "the average". The average if you were to review every single game out there, maybe, but there's a lot of sub-5 shovelware, mobile games and other garbage that are simply not worth reviewing - which in turn raises the average score.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sorry critics you can't take games for face value.
At any rate, that's what they're being paid to do. I'm a firm believer in making your own judgement calls, and not letting reviews guide you into your purchases, but there's nothing wrong with people giving their personal impressions.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Grades have always been a problem in the video game industry. It's a good indicator of a game's quality, but it has nothing to do with the pleasure you have playing the game. I mean people have preferences, different sensitivity, different experiences in life, different knowledge, and whatever we do or say, it's going to have some influence on the way the tester sees the game. So yeah, it might have a perfect grade everywhere, but IMHO, it just means that the game is well executed, not that the game is good or that I will like it.
Also, when everyone gives a perfect grade, and you see some guys with a "why BotW is horrible" kind of article, I think we can safely assume that the test was either super subjective, or it's a clickbait :P

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

It depends on what you mean by "the average". The average if you were to review every single game out there, maybe, but there's a lot of sub-5 shovelware, mobile games and other garbage that are simply not worth reviewing - which in turn raises the average score.
no, I mean the average of the games that do get reviewed, each one should be reviewed by itself not by comparing it to others- what it could've been and what we got. like, most of the time average games get 7, and 6 is considered to be bad, and this is fucked up (or at least thats what I think)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At any rate, that's what they're being paid to do. I'm a firm believer in making your own judgement calls, and not letting reviews guide you into your purchases, but there's nothing wrong with people giving their personal impressions.
the problem is you got only 60$ to spend on games and most of the games you cant download demo of or play otherwise without purchasing. there should be reviewers out there that give the right score, and everyone should choose one whos as close as possible to his own taste, and then listen to his recommendations. even if you do have the money to play every single game, there is a time limit...

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there should be reviewers out there that give the right score, and everyone should choose one whos as close as possible to his own taste, and then listen to his recommendations.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now. There are a lot of reviewers out there, my friend, and I'm sure at least one of them shares your taste.

Last edited by MarioFanatic64,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Personally I'm kinda liking zeldoblade chronicles......oh I mean portal z........sorry I mean skyrim Zelda edition.........crap, ok it's not a bad game in fact it's quite fun, but (so far) it's not scratching my Zelda itch, the temples are just like basic portal test chambers, and the quests seem a bit skyrimy I.e walk 10 miles that way, then 10 miles back.......so sure a quest may take 20 mins to complete but 19 minutes was spent trying to find stuff to try handglide off to speed up walking 20 miles

That said it's still cool and I'm actually enjoying the exploration aspect which is kinda how I felt with oot on my first play through and the map is nice and diverse which at least break up, and once I have enough temples completed traveling should be simple enough, just hoping the story get a bit more involved as right now it's kinda "meh....there is a bad guy called......well let's just say ganon for old times sakes, go do a bunch of silly temple puzzles until you have enough hearts to complete the game"

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, the poor guy who said 80/100 in this thread really didn't deserve all the bitching by fanboys.
even being a fanboy myself, I(and others should too) understand that some people will never give perfect scores, also taste in games is one of the most subjective thing ever, lets see what a hardcore candy crush player who plays nothing but it says about the game XD

D

Deleted User

'Averages' are hard

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now. There are a lot of reviewers out there, my friend, and I'm sure at least one of them shares your taste.
yes averages are hard. but almost anything else is hard too. thats why we have professionals to tackle those things...

I m doing that right now, I also watch a gameplay of the game (a little bit of the start and non-quest middle-game gameplay to see if that fits my taste. and zelda does look at least 9/10 for me.... but whats the probability that everyone loves the game? and that nobody trolls them? they are building the hype for that game for at least a year now, even b4 the switch was announced. and lots of reviewers get a free copy and a review with miyamoto. doesnt that sound like ninty pays to all those reviewers?

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
No idea why it get 10/10. Horizon is 9.8/10 but not Zelda. Zelda is maybe 8/10: Go make Riddle, Go Make Riddle, Go Make Riddle. Oh wait: Go make Riddle xD that is the new Zelda.

I mean it is fun, don't get me wrong. But after doing the first 2 Areas. (I accidentally got in highest Area and killed some Mecha Guys, because AI is just dumb in the Game)

It is just doing the Temples to get Points. And the Temples all are just Riddles with some Mobs.
Well you know, people's opinions can be different.
I for one find that Horizon Zero Yawn looks absolutely boring and uninteresting.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did it get a 10/10? I didn't play it yet. :creep:

So just curious, can anyone tell me their currently favorite zelda game at the moment before playing breath of the wild?
Don't say Link's awakening. :ninja:

Also does anyone also get game pro... or is it called game informer, what does that say about this game, i'm curious. Usually on the eshop, they do display those review score achievements or alcolade. :unsure:

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did it get a 10/10? I didn't play it yet. :creep:

So just curious, can anyone tell me their currently favorite zelda game at the moment before playing breath of the wild?
Don't say Link's awakening. :ninja:

Also does anyone also get game pro... or is it called game informer, what does that say about this game, i'm curious. Usually on the eshop, they do display those review score achievements or alcolade. :unsure:
What if my favorite was Link's Awakening? It was an incredible feat for its time, and really showed what Game Boy owners could expect from the system. 8 dungeons and a full fledged original story, I don't see what your point is.

I was a little bit worried that what @gamesquest1 said might become a reality. While the game might be good and solid, it might not be exactly what people want when someone asks for a Zelda game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if my favorite was Link's Awakening? It was an incredible feat for its time, and really showed what Game Boy owners could expect from the system. 8 dungeons and a full fledged original story, I don't see what your point is.
To see if anyone can think of something else other than a simple choice. There is many people stating this one, but there is lot to choose from, even with improvements over the years, i wanted to know what other ones than this specific one can be called favorite zelda game. :)

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I was a little bit worried that what @gamesquest1 said might become a reality. While the game might be good and solid, it might not be exactly what people want when someone asks for a Zelda game.
While I haven't played it yet, hasn't Zelda always been at least somewhat open-world? To me, it seems like a natural evolution. With each passing game in the series, they've been expanding the world and trying to make it as close to what we have now as technically possible on their consoles. From what I've read in the reviews (which are the best I've seen on any game in my lifetime), it achieves more of the open-world feeling that was seen in earlier games like the original or Zelda II.

And to the favorite Zelda question, I always liked Link to the Past, which was about as non-linear as a Zelda game has gotten.

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To see if anyone can think of something else other than a simple choice. There is many people stating this one, but there is lot to choose from, even with improvements over the years, i wanted to know what other ones than this specific one can be called favorite zelda game. :)
To be fair, mine was Link to the Past, the Twilight Princess, and in third was Link's Awakening. I would assume most people started with Ocarina or Link to the Past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty +1