Zangief Piledrives His Way Into Street Fighter V

Revealed today at the IgroMir event in Russia, the 'Red Cyclone' has muscled his way into Street Fighter V! A popular mainstay within the legendary series and the most prominent wrestler within it, Zangief has made many previous appearances while fighting for "Mother Russia". Those lucky enough to be at IgroMir will have the opportunity to play a brand new demo build featuring Zangief, along with all of the previously confirmed characters: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Vega, M. Bison, Birdie, Charlie Nash, Necalli, R. Mika, Rashid and Karin.

When it comes to raw strength, not many of the World Warriors can compete with Zangief. Training day and night, he believes that the only way to victory is to have a body complete with perfect muscles. Due to his intense training, which includes wrestling bears, Zangief is able to lift even the heaviest opponents with ease! In Street Fighter V, Zangief shows off the results of his training through his newfound V-Skill (Iron Muscle) and V-Trigger (Cyclone Lariat). But, these are just the tip of the iceberg, as Zangief has many more new tactics in store for any opponent that challenges him and his raw power.

01_SPD_Slam_1443686424.jpg 02_CA_Mid_1443686427.jpg 03_VTrigger_1443686430.jpg 05_Air_SPD_1443686436.jpg 06_CA_Start_1443686439.jpg
07_Kick_1443686442.jpg 08_Body_Slam_1443686446.jpg 10_Crouching_Hard_Kick_1443686453.jpg 09_Medium_Punch_1443686449.jpg 11_Lariat_1443686455.jpg

:arrow: Street Fighter V Official Site

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
WOO!!! Zangief!! Finally, and here I thought I'll miss a Zangief in the new SF. Been a Zangief user and fan since Super II.

EDIT: Thanks for the HD screenshots, I finally got an avatar to use.

Last edited by nodnyl10,
Reactions: Boriar and T-hug

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
well, you don't seem to be a SF III player. ;) for many people the best sf. For me its sfa3.

Kinda sad that Gief is absent in some SF games like the first SF Alpha and SF III series. I think the best SF for me is SF EX for the Playstation (because it's the very first game I have in my PS1, it's in japanese too so imported, yeah).

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda sad that Gief is absent in some SF games like the first SF Alpha and SF III series. I think the best SF for me is SF EX for the Playstation (because it's the very first game I have in my PS1, it's in japanese too so imported, yeah).

Actually Zangief was in SF Alpha 2 and 3 though not in the first version of SFA2 in Japan but that ones kinda rare anyway.

SF 3 only had Ryu, Ken and Akuma as returning fighters but I liked the new originals best anyway.

Good to see Zangeif back though I was kinda expecting to see him in there.
Game is starting to look very SFA3 ish right now.
Just need Sodom, Juni and Juli heh xD

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't know Zangief was not in some Street Fighter games, because I consider him a mainstay. Pretty much everyone in Street Fighter 2 is one. So him being added doesn't surprise me. The graphics, if the trailer really indicates what the game will look like, are incredible. It's going to be an awesome game. I don't play Zangief a lot really, hardly as a matter of fact.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck man i hate the GIEF... i want ALEX from SF III WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with you CRAPCOM!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-