YouTube keeps betching that all the fracking smeg I upload violates copyright.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Nintendo's being a fucking piece of shit now, I uploaded a MKWii video and it says its a motherfucking MK7 recording. They don't even know where their own god damn music comes from.

It's usually not Nintendo doing the matching. YouTube has algorithms (That tend to fail) to detect copyright content. I had it happen like, 6 times on one video. I just disputed (And won) all of them, as none of them actually matched the content that they claimed it was.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's being a fucking piece of shit now, I uploaded a MKWii video and it says its a motherfucking MK7 recording. They don't even know where their own god damn music comes from.

if thats the case some guy is probably being a dick and flagging your vids for no reason except for shits and giggles cause Nintendo WOULD know the difference between the games unless they share the same music track I feel your being picked on for no reason many People upload remixes of Pokemon music without being flagged Leaks on the other hand (SSMB 3DS Roster leak for example) are taken down by Nintendo since leaks of any kind (Roms vids SDK's) are illegal but that's beside my point

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you were playing a Wii retro track, they use the EXACT same music, so it wouldn't be surprising if that were the case. If not... you probably have a troll reporting your videos for no reason other than to be a dickwad

The copyright claim said "MARIO_KART 7 MUSIC" and the claimant was "MARIO KART 7". Usually, it says Nintendo.

Go to the channel and see what their content is. If it's a bunch of Mario Kart 7 OSTs, that's illegal, and you can report them for that. If their channel gets taken down, then the problem solves itself

In the meantime, dispute the claim. As previously stated, it's 99.9% in your favor that you'll come out on top, anyway

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were playing a Wii retro track, they use the EXACT same music, so it wouldn't be surprising if that were the case. If not... you probably have a troll reporting your videos for no reason other than to be a dickwad

Go to the channel and see what their content is. If it's a bunch of Mario Kart 7 OSTs, that's illegal, and you can report them for that. If their channel gets taken down, then the problem solves itself

In the meantime, dispute the claim. As previously stated, it's 99.9% in your favor that you'll come out on top, anyway
How do i go to their channel

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The claimant is "MARIO KART 7". There's never a channel displayed on any of my copyright infringements.

Oh, that's odd... I've only ever gotten one copyright claim, and it had a channel displayed. I guess I wouldn't know how to go about that then. It may be a legit claim by Nintendo

Either way, it's still disputable, and I would definitely do so (provided you haven't already disputed it once). If you're doing this much with MarioKart, though, I would seriously consider joining the Nintendo Creator Partnership program, as it's basically guaranteed sanctuary (after a 3 day reviewing period per-video by Nintendo, of course)

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lemme look into that partership... will they monetize my videos?
Oh, that's odd... I've only ever gotten one copyright claim, and it had a channel displayed. I guess I wouldn't know how to go about that then. It may be a legit claim by Nintendo

Either way, it's still disputable, and I would definitely do so (provided you haven't already disputed it once). If you're doing this much with MarioKart, though, I would seriously consider joining the Nintendo Creator Partnership program, as it's basically guaranteed sanctuary (after a 3 day reviewing period per-video by Nintendo, of course)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lemme look into that partnership... will they monetize my videos?

It's odd how it works... Basically, they get directly paid whatever money you're getting in ad revenue, and then they give you 60% (per-video, or 70% if you have a dedicated channel) of that money. So in a sense it's kind of like being an unofficial Nintendo employee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf