Youtube is driving me loco with the ads

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah that sounds right. I remember there's some kind of manager app, but I don't have it, so direct download seems like the way.
For me the Revanced app is so bad. It leaves a .sh file that gets out of date and causes all kind of issues. I just changed my ways to start using Magisk modules instead.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Done, but will they disable it like they have about 6 others I've tried? They call them malware and won't let me use them.
I've never had that problem. I use uBlock Origin and SponsorBlock.
And also ReVanced on mobile (which does need manually updating sometimes when it stops working)
On PC it has been problem free, I haven't seen a single ad, nor have I seen the adblock nag that many people got.
Maybe try Firefox.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you say that, it's simply not true.

There is a Root version and Non-Root version.
Post automatically merged:

I use an add-on to hide Shorts. Can't stand that shit.
It was just a simple misunderstanding, jeez. I could have sworn last time I looked in like 2022 it was root only, but looking at archives I was wrong. Didn't think it was that important to update my post because like, the next post down someone had already corrected me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not paying to watch videos online. I'd boycott Youtube first. Easy decision.
People don't seem to mind it because it's ad-free, but ReVanced offers so many more options and it's free of charge.

YT Premium should allow to hide Shorts, right? It doesn't.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dark clouds in my area