Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
antwill said:
I hope geofag loses all his money and is so poor he has to live on the street. Why? Because then I'll never have to see his annoyingly obnoxious face ever again.
Your jealousy is showing.
happy.gif
Your fanboyism is showing.
tongue.gif
What's it like being one of George's groupies?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
I hope geofag loses all his money and is so poor he has to live on the street. Why? Because then I'll never have to see his annoyingly obnoxious face ever again.
But then we wouldn't have another Jailbreak for the iPod and more hacks
hate2.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
You think somebody's annoying so you curse them to be homeless, and somebody thinks that's not right so you call them a fanboy?

IT'S CALLED "HUMAN DECENCY".

God you all sicken me.

Yeah the guy's an ass, BUT LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!
Thank you!

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
antwill said:
But then we wouldn't have another Jailbreak for the iPod and more hacks
hate2.gif

What you mean you believe he's the only one who does anything in regards to it?
rofl.gif

QUOTE(Rydian @ Feb 2 2011, 03:20 PM)
You think somebody's annoying so you curse them to be homeless, and somebody thinks that's not right so you call them a fanboy?

IT'S CALLED "HUMAN DECENCY".

God you all sicken me.

Yeah the guy's an ass, BUT LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!
What? Schadenfreude is a wonderful thing, and if that did happen to geohotz then it would be quite amusing to many, given how smug he is. You defend him quite a lot, I remember back when the jailbreak devices were out you were on the Geohotz defense patrol then, don't you just get sick of defending everyone all the time? Besides I highly doubt someone who has a signature of "Because, f*ck Sony" is saying it's 'jealousy' for the sake of human decency and not because they are highly pro-piracy...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
I remember back when the jailbreak devices were out you were on the Geohotz defense patrol then
Because people were saying retarded shit even then, such as claiming Sony removed OtherOS (which happened in August 2009) because of geohot's hack (which was released January 2010 and was announced with the stated intention to bring OtherOS back). Obviously that makes no damn sense whatsoever to anybody that can read a calendar, but lord knows people don't check their facts before letting themselves be led into anger (and I will use the term "holy war" every so often), so I had a lot of bullshit bashing to do then.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get you, antwill.

You come from Australia - the same country which in its supreme court got modchips declared legal when Sony threw one of its riotous bitch-fits as well, because of a very simple reasoning... Sony was deliberately delaying or disallowing games of interest to be playable there due to arbitrary region-locking, which is something those devices are able to get around.

Your legal system had the balls to stand up to this company and put its foot down in the interest of its citizens, and yet you seek to defend them because of one dude in New Jersey felt the need to share an arbitrarily long number to the world... A number that, on its own, does nothing for the casual end user, and despite whatever Sony Corporate would like people to think, is NOT - repeat, NOT - illegal to know?

You should be commending him, if for nothing else but to at least be a figurehead... without such a daft move, we simply wouldn't have seen the ball rolling along for CFW's that enable a perma-jailbreak mode as quickly without. I'm not saying someone else couldn't have done it... but what I am saying is that I at least commend him and his efforts for getting homebrew to work on the console... GOOD homebrew, too.

And your wishes for a guy that basically just un-neutered the ps3's ability to "do everything", definitely come off very... wrong.

I just don't get you, man.
ohnoes.png
p1ngp0ngsmiley.png

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
antwill said:
don't you just get sick of defending everyone all the time?
Maybe if you all would do your fucking research before opening your mouths people like me wouldn't constantly be up in your face correcting you.
The only problem with that is, what I said had nothing to do with research needing to be done, and was entirely my opinion of the person that is Mr Hotz. Also to be fair while wishing someone were homeless isn't the nicest thing to do, but how could you not with someone like him who is all "lolz i'm being sued cuz Sony is mad." He's an attention whore and thrives on it, seriously how can you stand that?

Also you were a little wrong with your facts. The August 2009 was when the Slim were announced, they officially removed it in March 2010. "In March 2010 Sony announced that the "Other OS" capability of the original PS3 models would be removed due to security concerns in PS3 Firmware 3.21 on April 1 2010" source.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Also you were a little wrong with your facts. The August 2009 was when the Slim were announced, they officially removed it in March 2010. "In March 2010 Sony announced that the "Other OS" capability of the original PS3 models would be removed due to security concerns in PS3 Firmware 3.21 on April 1 2010" source.
No, they planned to remove it from around the time of the slim.
http://www.osnews.com/story/22073/Why_N:wtf:...im_Sony_Answers
The update that removed it was just removing it from the ones that still had it (since they can't travel back in time to stop it from being created they did the next best thing by removing it retroactively).

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
antwill said:
No, they planned to remove it from around the time of the slim.
http://www.osnews.com/story/22073/Why_N:wtf:...im_Sony_Answers
The update that removed it was just removing it from the ones that still had it (since they can't travel back in time to stop it from being created they did the next best thing by removing it retroactively).
Yeah that's what I meant. Except you should also realise Sony could also have removed OtherOS from the older models because of geohotz hack back in January, instead of choosing to leave it on the older models. They then say they removed it because of security concerns. No one can prove that is the case or that it wasn't the case. The only ones who can are Sony and we all know that won't happen.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HateBreed said:
I wish geohot hadnt hacked the ps3.. now all the online community is plagued by all these hackers and their noobish cheats...
At least Sony are trying to do something about it. Just be thankful for that. It could be worse, they could stand around and do nothing like Nintendo. Does anyone even play the DS online anymore that DOESN'T cheat?

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Rydian said:
antwill said:
don't you just get sick of defending everyone all the time?
Maybe if you all would do your fucking research before opening your mouths people like me wouldn't constantly be up in your face correcting you.
The only problem with that is, what I said had nothing to do with research needing to be done, and was entirely my opinion of the person that is Mr Hotz. Also to be fair while wishing someone were homeless isn't the nicest thing to do, but how could you not with someone like him who is all "lolz i'm being sued cuz Sony is mad." He's an attention whore and thrives on it, seriously how can you stand that?

Your personal dislike of George Hotz is not a valid basis for your arguments. You're merely using him as a strawman to sell your pro-corporate claptrap. Your defense of Sony is as solid as wet tissue paper.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Your personal dislike of George Hotz is not a valid basis for your arguments. You're merely using him as a strawman to sell your pro-corporate claptrap. Your defense of Sony is as solid as wet tissue paper.
You can't honestly believe the crap you post. At least I don't believe the world and internet as we know it are going to end because companies are trying to stop piracy... You're a fool who likes to use loaded sentences all the time and the same phrases over and over. Maybe had you read my posts you would know I have not been pro-anyone, as I have stated I merely find him annoying, so yes it is a valid basis for my argument, which this entire time has been that I hope the legal process draws on until he is poor. I also find it funny how you honestly believe the homebrew community will save you all. Come back down to reality or are you too busy worshipping their ability to let you pirate games? Do they pay you well on the Geohotz Defence League?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Trolls will be trolls, pirates will be pirates, and ninjas will be ninjas. Hotz will be Hotz, and that's why you dislike him. Everybody is entitled to their opinion (although I dislike him too). People can make an argument based on their opinion, but others will find it a weak argument.

My opinion is that Megaman's counter-argument is as his own analogy - "as solid as a wet tissue paper". In response, I say please don't feed the trolls, and leave the arguing to the people who get paid for it - the layers in the case. I don't need to justify my opinion - the trolls and the pirates and the ninjas will probably do that for me.

EDIT: I think I'll respond to one more line:
QUOTE said:
I wish geohot hadnt hacked the ps3.. now all the online community is plagued by all these hackers and their noobish cheats...
Hotz didn't open the way for cheaters - the Jailblreak did. F0F just made it easier by actually hacking the PS3, and Hotz took their work one step further (using their work) by discovering and publishing the private keys (really, that's the only act that Sony can punish him for - publishing sensitive and otherwise damaging information to the public domain). With the private keys, cheating became much easier, so naturally people lacking skills took to cheating for some epeen points and let out some repressed frustration or some other psychobabble along those lines.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Strawman, claptrap, tissue paper... Where's the smiley I'm looking for... Oh here it is
rofl2.gif
Thank you, guy.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
Trolls will be trolls, pirates will be pirates, and ninjas will be ninjas. Hotz will be Hotz, and that's why you dislike him. Everybody is entitled to their opinion (although I dislike him too). People can make an argument based on their opinion, but others will find it a weak argument.

My opinion is that Megaman's counter-argument is as his own analogy - "as solid as a wet tissue paper". In response, I say please don't feed the trolls, and leave the arguing to the people who get paid for it - the layers in the case. I don't need to justify my opinion - the trolls and the pirates and the ninjas will probably do that for me.
The only real reason I dislike Hotz is because of him always wanting the spotlight and attention, he almost comes off as naive and desperate. Also I can't believe he was foolish enough to go on TV and say he is getting sued 'for making Sony mad'. That is just way too arrogant for my liking. Not to mention all the credit stealing he does... Had he not done all that then hell, I wouldn't care.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
antwill said:
Originality said:
Trolls will be trolls, pirates will be pirates, and ninjas will be ninjas. Hotz will be Hotz, and that's why you dislike him.
The only real reason I dislike Hotz is because of him always wanting the spotlight and attention, he almost comes off as naive and desperate. Also I can't believe he was foolish enough to go on TV and say he is getting sued 'for making Sony mad'. That is just way too arrogant for my liking. Not to mention all the credit stealing he does... Had he not done all that then hell, I wouldn't care.
I agree. As I said, Hotz will be Hotz. Probably the worst part of the entire event is that I get the feeling Hotz won't learn anything from the trial, even if he loses. It's like it's just a game to him. That's why I don't like him.

Doesn't change the fact that it doesn't matter how I feel about it - the courts will decide what's right and wrong. I just hope it doesn't become a precedent that allows Sony to start doing what they want to punish hackers, possibly including taking the PS3 away from them for "misusing Sony's property" (i.e. the consoles are owned by Sony before they're owned by the person who actually bought them). It's an extreme example, but not a farfetched one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)