Hardware Your OLDEST READABLE burned CD/DVD

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I would like someone that have a no-name cd try and read it. Those bastards died so fast it was silly. That is just a more or less silver disc with no press on the top of it.

From 2005/MEDIA MARKT - horrible Quality.
4/10 goes to the bin after burning.:angry:

I´ve tried it at the moment but the "noise" is not funny.....poor DVD Drive.:cry:

P1050382.JPG

dvd mm.jpg

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
From 2005/MEDIA MARKT - horrible Quality.
4/10 goes to the bin after burning.:angry:

I´ve tried it at the moment but the "noise" is not funny.....poor DVD Drive.:cry:

View attachment 166510

View attachment 166511
oof looks like a no name brand disc yeah... I remember like every second copy you made with those no name disc ones, you had to throw and do a new burn. Verbatim always worked however, never more no name on media after that :P

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted_413010

oof looks like a no name brand disc yeah... I remember like every second copy you made with those no name disc ones, you had to throw and do a new burn. Verbatim always worked however, never more no name on media after that :P

What even is a no name?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have TONS of no name discs that were burned in the late 90's-early 2000's that all still work perfectly fine. Not saying all cheap media is fine, but it's obviously in my case not all bad either.

D

Deleted_413010

I have TONS of no name discs that were burned in the late 90's-early 2000's that all still work perfectly fine. Not saying all cheap media is fine, but it's obviously in my case not all bad either.

Ah so no name discs = cheap media. Got it. My country doesn't have no name discs thank god.

D

Deleted_413010

Are you not in the US as indicated by your profile/flag? Because the US most certainly does have cheap no-name discs. Tons of them. I've never lived anywhere else. :P

I am in the US...but if they do exist then I guess I have been lucky enough to never get one

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So your like an archivist. Well I can't even imagine how much disk space would be needed to store all those discs.

Terabytes of HDD space.
I got to exchange HDDs in me server soon, 8 TB is running low ;p

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like someone that have a no-name cd try and read it. Those bastards died so fast it was silly. That is just a more or less silver disc with no press on the top of it.

not sure what my oldest disc is but just grabbed this random old battered silver disc from and it worked fine!

DSCF5254.jpg

Capture.jpg

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe my oldest burn CD, yes CD was MS office 97 or 2000 and VB6, but sadly I have misplace them and cannot find them.
Actually my first burned CD was when I did a mistake and burned an ISO file onto the CD disk not to the CD disk, I was a newbie at the time.

Mine's an SSD
Mine is RAM

Last edited by RandomUser,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Microsoft Office I actually have some stuff from a Microsoft Office 2000 Beta Event. Its pretty special and rare.
Cool, sounds like a nice collection. All I have for exotic collection is a beta version Windows Vista Ultimate from Microsoft. Don't know if that is special or is rare or not.

D

Deleted_413010

Cool, sounds like a nice collection. All I have for exotic collection is a beta version Windows Vista Ultimate from Microsoft. Don't know if that is special or is rare or not.

Why don't you upload it to a cloud service and PM me the link. I'll check it out and tell you if its rare or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email