owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
My first post seems to be this one
biggrin.gif
:
Is there a way to extract the .mb files from .gba roms?

I've become rather addicted to Panel de Pon, but could easily go without this flashy intro/menu...I haven't tested this, but I think you could try to find a pointer table in the rom with a hex editor and find out where the start address of the game you're looking for is located, and then just strip the file, and add a header.. The thing is, it might be more complicated than that if they had to modify each multiboot game for the compilation...
Not that easy, unfortunately, since the Eurasia guys have compressed the games in their ROM. They also were hacked to work with the Menu. Here's how to extract NES ROMs from that ROM (doesn't work for Panel de Pon, though):

1. Fire up VBA
2. Load GameCube_Multiboot_Games_Internal_GBA-EURASIA / EUR-MBGC.GBA
3. Start the game you want to have as single file
4. Start the Memory Viewer ("Tools" -> "Memory viewer...")
5. Click "Save"
6. Enter following values: Address = 02000000, Size = 40000
7. Save as whatever you want (it'll get *.dmp extension anyways)
8. Fire up your favourite Hex-Editor
9. Search for "04 F0 1F E5 C0 00 00 08"
10. Replace with "01 C3 A0 E3 00 22 9C E5"
11. Save with *.mb extension

é voila, you got a working Multiboot image now which you can load with Flash 2 Advance Writer, Pogoshell or whatever you prefer. You may want to truncate useless 0s with your favourite util now, as "Size = 40000" from step 6 always generates a 256 kByte ROM with lots of overhead.

Yeah, I know, this is kind of useless since it only works with the games you can play with PocketNES anyways and not with Panel de Pon, but maybe there are one or two people here who find that info helpful... I really couldn't care less if you don't.

-- enarky
Registered a month before, though...

EDIT: Damn, I forgot to write down what thoughts I have about it now... well, I think I did pretty well, didn't I? Nothing to be embarassed of. May even have helped one or two people.
tongue.gif

*pats his back*

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I really don't remmember my first post, i even don't know the nickname i registerd the first time here.

After a period of low ineternet access period of a few years (yea i managed to live without then)
i reregistered with DjoeN in 2004, due not been able to post and a few other things i reregistered in 2005 under
DjoeNtje, i had no probs then, since then i'm still here
biggrin.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I just wanna say I am glad to hear people finally boycotting crap! I was so sick of buying a game and taking it to Gamestop 2 days later to get half my cash back! Not only are there a bunch of horrible games with bad graphics such as kill switch, earthworm jim2 , 007- nightfire but now companies want to keep making sequels with no changes to gameplay or graphic changes? Come on NFSU 2 looks and plays just like the original What do I get, a new hood? WTF I blame this however on my savior to the GC, Capcom. It was them who started this "let's use the same graphics and levels and have a donkey shit out some horrible story that we can split into 2 diffent games and get even more money." (MMBN) I for one love the new age where we can "try" before we buy so we can make an effort to crush giants pockets. I agree out of all the companies EA puts out only pure shit! Hey movie companies STOP LETTING THEM MAKE GAMES! Maybe one will be good. Just so everyone knows I signed up to make this rant.
Thank

LOL as I was proof reading ... I was gonna edit ... then I realized "oh wait, we are supposed to be posting our first post"... so yea the above is it ... posted in Nov of 2004. My aggravation at EA brought me out of my two years of prior lurking ... as a result I've wasted a good 60% of my free time on GBAtemp

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hey everyone! I've played mario kart ds online a lot and still i haven't found a worthy opponent...i hope one of you guys will be happy.gif . Aw well...my friend code is: 408081 - 923371. And my nick is Digeman.

I was a cocky young'n those days...and still am!!
laugh.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i was after info on G6 and i remember Destructobot and another user were so helpful to me.

And whenever I see some extremely-newbie person who I want to escaper instead of answer, I remember how nicely those were to me and I start from scratch ..., Ok, Turn on your DS ...

here it is http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=394...ndpost&p=506913

oh, it was about my FF 3's box, but after that, it was all about G6.

TGBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Feb 26 2007, 02:56 PM

a newbie question...
i been seeing the modchips sayin the PAL Wii will support the NTSC games on it partially... but my doubt i wanted to ask is there is no mention of the PAL games support on the NTSC Wii... So these modchips have support for PAL games on NTSC by default?

Tat was regardin the Wiinja Deluxe and when I was deciding on which modchip to get. Initially for a year i think i just visited the site just to get the up-to-date news on the DS scene. Later I had to sign up for some reason (not exactly sure). Good thing I did!
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

Found it in the Archive:

no this isnt possible because Mario & Luigi uses EEPROM save when u have an original cart ...

i tried to backup the EEPROM of my Rayman Advance Cartridge and that didnt work!

This post has been edited by Takeshi: Jun 1 2004, 10:22 PM

It was a reply to someone who asked if it's possible to backup an EEPROM savegame from an original cart as he wanted to continue playing the game on his F2A 256.

The good ol' times! Thanks for the bump, SpikeyNDS.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, I saw this game in Belgium. Never realised it wasn't already released. So RS said it's prestore, but I've seen it already in a store... It couldn't have been the USA version...

Damn, if I'd bought it I could have released itÂ
biggrin.gif
 Although I don't have a clue how I should do that... (ofcoure I do have a Linker).

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
finaly i'v been waiting for this for so long i beated the 1st one 3 times on my sp the 1st was one of the best games ever and i'v tryed the j version of this already and it rocked by the way conradargo theyre connected but not much so you can still enjoy it

lotsa typos back then anyway that was my first post about one of my favorite game series Boktai

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few major things that i think need to be adressed in this topic!

1: this topic has little to do with ds-x, unless its a comparison with acekard.

2. i've done alot of research on acekard, inc. translating (via google) multiple chinese sites.

some people are under the allusion that acekard patches roms onboard - it doesn't.
The AFKS format is designed so that acekard can play all clean roms directly almost as if it were a real ds game card (thus 100% compatability) NO PATCHING.
because of this format, currently acekard requires a program to transfer files to the cart. But, they have mentioned a possible driver so that the system can recognise acekard as a normal drive and drag and drop.

one of the cons include poor homebrew (currently) as some/or many (dunno) cannot work on the format without alteration. Although the team has confirmed Moonshell has been made compatable. also space allocation on the card seems to have some problems

I'm excited about Acekard due to the microsd slot + 100% compatability (as long as nintendo keeps same format), moonshell compatability, + some other advantages of the AFKS format. But its true, we all need to hear more.

yaynds.gif

edit: i forgot to mention that the current lack of english support is major drawback. i really hope this product will be made available to the english market and in at least half recognisable english.

haha, didn't recall how excited i was about the original acekard. at this time i didn't have any flashcart at all and was very inexperienced. got my first flashcart a month later, but never bought the original acekard lol.
Interestingly though, my acekard support has been revived since i got my acekard rpg
yaynds.gif

It was a big post
wink.gif
, but it's clear i had some of my facts wrong (re patching roms on the fly)
laugh.gif

in my opinion, not a bad post overall.

D

Deleted User

"Its probably not in UTF-8 formating. It won't view correctly until formatted...."

I was talking to some noob about DSO...

I'd probably say the same thing now.

Bourbanog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome Thread said:
Evening fine gentlemen of GBAtemp, I am known as Bourbanog (or Bourbandawg if you so choose) and have made my way to your fine community to partake in the discussion of various topics while wearing a bright red sock atop my noggin. Also, I'm from Australia.

Looking forward to some hardcore discussionz!
smile.gif

Geez what was I thinking. I've grown so much since then, seems like so long ago..

D

Deleted User

Welcome Thread said:
Evening fine gentlemen of GBAtemp, I am known as Bourbanog (or Bourbandawg if you so choose) and have made my way to your fine community to partake in the discussion of various topics while wearing a bright red sock atop my noggin. Also, I'm from Australia.

smile.gif

Geez what was I thinking. I've grown so much since then, seems like so long ago..

it was like a week ago..
huh.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome Thread said:

smile.gif

it was like a week ago..
huh.gif
youarehere.jpg

He was kidding
tongue.gif

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I've looked all over for a thread that answered this but couldn't find one (but managed to narrow my billion questions down to one
biggrin.gif
. Basicly i just want to copy my save files from the ds games i own (already saw somewhere that copying the full game would be a pain w/o buying more stuff) so that i can copy them to my r4 (once i get it). I know i can get .sav files from gamefaqs but its just not the same for some games (i.e. pkmanz). Any help would be apreciated
smile.gif

As a sidenote: I plan to order a 3in1 for ds phat from winsunx (which seems to be the only place i can buy one from and the site is down right now :'( ), anyone know if its legit? I've checked just about everywhere else and thats te only place that had them (for the couple hours the site was up for me
frown.gif
) and it seems pretty strange that no where else has them

Since then, a 3in1 sav/rom dumper was released by rudolph
happy.gif
. I misspelled basically, so I must have still been using IE back then, but I'm proud of myself for not asking a noobtastic question

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
On July 15th, 2006:
QUOTE said:
Well-written article and I agree.

Nintendo really doesn't compete with Microsoft and Sony. Sony PSP with there sweet graphics but shitty games just pisses me off with what they could do with it and the PSP hardware isn't real real cheap but is compared to Nintedo DS. My PSP broke and I got a DS Lite....It satisfied me better than SOny did.

I was such a noob
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk