Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Spinach didn't squeal or cluck as it was turned into a topping, therefore it is inferior to all sorts of delicious meaty toppings. I will however permit it because at least it's a topping. You're invited, but stick to the vegan/vegetarian corner of shame.
Disgrace to famiry.
I'm a huge fan of bacon sausage toping :angry:

This vegan argument offended me :P

Reactions: Margen67

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm a huge fan of bacon sausage toping :angry: This vegan argument offended me :P
You are welcome to the cool kids area.
Do I bring any honor by sometimes adding feta cheese and/or jalapeno peppers?
Yes, you do, actually - both excellent topping choices - I approve. Your Hara Kiri ceremony may be postponed until a later date (aka once you disappoint me again).

Reactions: VinsCool

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dough + cheese + ketchup = sandwich. Sorry, that's dem breaks. I'm not inviting you to my super-cool party where all pizza has toppings. Cheesy goodness, Christ, it's low-grade mozzarella mix we're talking about here. If you want a cheesy pizza, at least get four-cheese, or "quattro formaggi" if you want to sound fancy.
KETCHUP? don't you dare demean my sauces. Only a cheese pizza makes the mozzarella the perfect combination of melty and bubbly and crunchy. You could never accomplish this in a closed sandwich. Mixing cheeses together is like merging OS X and iOS. It compromises the distinct qualities that make each of the individual cheeses so effective.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does, actually - both excellent topping choices - I approve.
The main issue is sometimes the pizza places just overdo it on those toppings and can over-power the pizza. Also I can often be too cheap to add toppings. That may change when I start working full time in a month or so.
Your Hara Kiri ceremony may be postponed until a later date (aka once you disappoint me again).
Let's face it, that delay will last no more than a day.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
KETCHUP? don't you dare demean my sauces. Only a cheese pizza makes the mozzarella the perfect combination of melty and bubbly and crunchy. You could never accomplish this in a closed sandwich. Mixing cheeses together is like merging OS X and iOS. It compromises the distinct qualities that make each of the individual cheeses so effective.
The more cheese in, the happier I am. Problem? :trollface:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see that you've never grilled a club sandwich properly - you grill the cheese and the bread open so that the cheese can melt and become bubbly just the way you like it, then you add the filling proper. As for mixing cheeses, it depends on the type of cheese (not all cheeses mix - for instance feta will remain cubes suspended in delicious mozzarella sea), plus if you don't like mixing, you can order two sides (or more!) with different cheeses. At least f*cking mix up your boring-ass pizza - you gotta have toppings, man. A plain cheese pizza is a necessary evil for poor students, not the go-to choice, unless you're a New Yorker, in which case your head is probably so far up your bottom that you can't see past the iconic NY slice which is grossly overhyped as far as I know.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The main issue is sometimes the pizza places just overdo it on those toppings and can over-power the pizza. Also I can often be too cheap to add toppings. That may change when I start working full time in a month or so.
The selection of toppings is indeed a careful process, and being a Scrooge McFuckupapizza should not be a factor when making an imaginary, hypothetical perfect pizza, like here - on an Internet forum.
Let's face it, that delay will last no more than a day.
That is definitely not my fault, you have to step it up to reach my unreasonable standards. B-)

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cheese pizza is NOT boring. IT'S CLASSIC and TIMELESS. It's the foundation upon which all other pizzas are built.

If you grill cheese upside down, flat on a pan (underneath bread?) it wouldn't bubble the way it does on a pizza. Please, it's not even in an oven. 100% false equivalency. Especially with no sauce underneath it.

I'm not saying it's my 'go to'. But cheese pizza is valid on it's own, and it has well-earned merits, and it's downright glorious when it's done right.

Last edited by amoulton, , Reason: clarification.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My cheese pizza is NOT boring. IT'S CLASSIC and TIMELESS. It's the foundation upon which all other pizzas are built.

If you grill cheese upside down, flat on a pan (underneath bread?) it wouldn't bubble the way it does on a pizza. Please, it's not even in an oven. 100% false equivalency. Especially with no sauce underneath it.
...why would you do it in a pan? OVEN TOASTER, SON! THAT'S how you make a good sandwich! B-)

Seriously though, it might be "classic, timeless and the foundation upon which all other pizzas are built", but it is boring. There's a reason why we build houses on-top of foundations - because living in basements is not preferable. Boring pizza, but hey! It's your pizza.

Anywho, my favourite pizza (which I failed to mention earlier for some reason) is definitely composed of the following:
  • Pepperoni or salami (depending on which one's available/nicer at a joint. If I make it myself, it's always salami, preferably spicy)
  • Jalapeño peppers
  • Onions (if I want to dish out extra, but they're not a 100% necessary)
  • Thin, preferably stuffed crust
  • Plain tomato sauce (it usually works out better than the "hot" or "mild" varieties - just good 'ol marinara)
  • Moderately sprinkled with herbs (Provence, son!)
  • With a side of garlic sauce to break the heat if needs be (half-cream half-mayo all garlic - that's the way you dunk, son)
Occasionally I'll experiment with BBQ-style pizza (chicken on sweet BBQ sauce) or a carbonara-style one (creamy sauce, chicken), sometimes I'll sprinkle some mince beef (BEEFCAAAAKE!), I generally like some bacon bits, but I rarely deviate from my personal favourite too much. Experimentation is fine, but don't f*ck with what works too much or you'll end up with a clusterfuck.

Speaking of clusterfuck, the best pizza I've ever had was at Pizza Hut's. We went there with my dad and, as an experiment, we ordered a pizza with every single meat ingredient they had, minus all the seafood nonsense. They said that it was "impossible to put them all over the pizza", but they could "divide it into two sides". We agreed. What came back was so f*cking good I don't think it even classified as "food" anymore - it was elevated to Ambrossia territory. All the delicious meat juices created a uniform gravy, mixed in with the tomato sauce beneath them and gave birth to the most savoury thing you could imagine. The dough just barely held it together, but that didn't matter as it soaked in so much flavour that you could eat it by itself. It was... amazing. Only did it once though, as it could kill the lesser man, or even a great man such as myself when abused.
I've thought that margherita pizza was a timeless classic? :unsure:
It's a timeless classic in the same sense that wheels are a classic in the realm of cars - crust, cheese and sauce are a pre-requisite for something to be called a "pizza", it exists since you need that combination for anything else and it's on menus for the cheapskates and complainers. There's a lot of other timeless classics, like capricciosa, quattro fromaggi, pugliese, funghi etc.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forgot to mention something. It costs about 4 dollars a slice at the Pizza Pizza next to my school, while the competitors who are just local businesses are getting more profit out of the students who pay less to get more

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
...why would you do it in a pan? OVEN TOASTER, SON! THAT'S how you make a good sandwich! B-)

Seriously though, it might be "classic, timeless and the foundation upon which all other pizzas are built", but it is boring. There's a reason why we build houses on-top of foundations - because living in basements is not preferable. Boring pizza, but hey! It's your pizza.

Anywho, my favourite pizza (which I failed to mention earlier for some reason) is definitely composed of the following: pepperoni or salami (depending on which one's available/nicer in a joint. If I make it myself, it's always spicy salami), Jalapeño peppers and onions (if I want to dish out extra, but they're not a 100% necessary) on a thin, preferably stuffed crust and plain tomato sauce (it usually works out better than the "hot" or "mild" varieties - just good 'ol marinara), moderately sprinkled with herbs (Provence, son!) with a side of garlic sauce to break the heat if needs be (half-cream half-mayo all garlic - that's the way you dunk, son). Occasionally I'll experiment with BBQ-style pizza (chicken on sweet BBQ sauce) or a carbonara-style one (creamy sauce, chicken), sometimes I'll sprinkle some mince beef (BEEFCAAAAKE!), I generally like some bacon bits, but I rarely deviate from my personal favourite too much. Experimentation is fine, but don't f*ck with what works too much or you'll end up with a clusterfuck.

Speaking of clusterfuck, the best pizza I've ever had was at Pizza Hut's. We went there with my dad and, as an experiment, we ordered a pizza with every single meat ingredient they had, minus all the seafood nonsense. They said that it was "impossible all over", but they could "divide it into two sides". We agreed. What came back was so f*cking good I don't think it even classified as "food" anymore - it was elevated to Ambrossia territory. All the delicious meat juices created a uniform gravy, mixed in with the tomato sauce beneath them and gave birth to the most savoury thing you could imagine. The dough just barely held it together, but that didn't matter as it soaked in so much flavour that you could eat it by itself. It was... amazing. Only did it once though, as it could kill the lesser man, or even a great man such as myself when abused.
Damn you. I want a second dinner now :(

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk about you guys but Little Caesar probably has some of TEH BEST breadsticks/cheese bread out of all the chain places, their pizzas are just ok but at least it's cheap

Last edited by UltraHurricane,

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No one's ever tried chuckie cheeses pizza? It's not party till this guys there!
hqdefault.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out