Yet another Sneek/Uneek thread

V800

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there,

I realize Sneek/Uneek have been extensively documented in this forum. However, I'm failing to find the information I requiere right now.

First of all, I set up Uneek+Di using Modmii, copy the files to my Sd/Usb, install the Neek2o channel and run Neek from the USB Loader Gx.

After a while, it booted perfectly showing my Red Wii Theme and the channels in my EmuNand. Here is when my predicament started:

I can't run any VC wad out of neek. They either display a banner saying Your wii cannot play this game (or something like that), or simply get a blackscreen. Likewise, if I picked boot with neek in usb loader or wiiflow, I always get a black screen too.

Wbfs games run fine after I mark Region Free All in the Neek Menu.

I was wondering if I should change anything in the Neek Menu or in my EmuNands to get all my wads working.

Thanks in advance.

awoshe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to get anything working? I've been having trouble with a new hdd which should be compatible. I don't think modmii is building my uneek+di install properly. When I cross check it with the sneek installer it says kernel.bin size and di.bin size is incorrect.

V800

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Were you able to get anything working? I've been having trouble with a new hdd which should be compatible. I don't think modmii is building my uneek+di install properly. When I cross check it with the sneek installer it says kernel.bin size and di.bin size is incorrect.
It worked fine in my case. I've created it using the most up-to-date Modmii classic version and selecting Uneek+DI. I add the neek2o channel and wiiflow in my emunand and copy Sys.conf from my original Nand. Then, launching Sneek from the Usb loader gx/Wiiflow menu did the trick. After the first time, i was able to launch neek from the channel too (although it's a bit finnicky).

Reactions: XFlak

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the VC wads you are using the same region as the Emunand? Are you launching them from the Wii's home menu? Use this version of USBLOADERGX it fixes a few things.
So Wii games work fine for you?
Do WiiWare games work for you if you have any?
It's also better to launch Neek from the Homebrew Channel instead of the installed wad channel. Though if it boots to emunand fine and you're just having trouble with launching games, it shouldn't be the issue..
Also what video cables are you using? Are using an hdtv or a crt?

V800

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are the VC wads you are using the same region as the Emunand? Are you launching them from the Wii's home menu? Use this version of USBLOADERGX it fixes a few things.
So Wii games work fine for you?
Do WiiWare games work for you if you have any?
It's also better to launch Neek from the Homebrew Channel instead of the installed wad channel. Though if it boots to emunand fine and you're just having trouble with launching games, it shouldn't be the issue..
Also what video cables are you using? Are using an hdtv or a crt?
I tried both USA and Europe Emunand and the results are worse than using Wiiflow for Emunand or Dolphin.
Yes, Wii games work fine. I've just had to set Neek20 REGION FREE. The only Wiiware game I've got to run was Babel Rising in Eu emunand. I've got to run Neek fine from HC, System Menu and Wiiflow/usbloadergx (although from time to time i get random black screens).
I use a SCART cable to a flat TV.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried both USA and Europe Emunand and the results are worse than using Wiiflow for Emunand or Dolphin.
I was asking you if the Wiiware wad you installed was the same region as your Emunand, and not the Emunand itself..
Yes, Wii games work fine.
In Uneek?
I've just had to set Neek20 REGION FREE.
Where exactly? You should launch neek2o from the Homebrew Channel (non-wad channel version), or make it autoboot to it if you want to..
The only Wiiware game I've got to run was Babel Rising in Eu emunand.
You show try more, it could just a bad wad..
I've got to run Neek fine from HC, System Menu and Wiiflow/usbloadergx (although from time to time i get random black screens).
Only the first time when you're still setting up Uneek/Sneek it'd take a while (black screen) to boot, for a few minutes.. But after that it should boot in less than 20s.
Can you post a syscheck btw.

V800

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was asking you if the Wiiware wad you installed was the same region as your Emunand, and not the Emunand itself..

In Uneek?

Where exactly? You should launch neek2o from the Homebrew Channel (non-wad channel version), or make it autoboot to it if you want to..

You show try more, it could just a bad wad..

Only the first time when you're still setting up Uneek/Sneek it'd take a while (black screen) to boot, for a few minutes.. But after that it should boot in less than 20s.
Can you post a syscheck btw.
Sorry, I misundertood. Almost all my Wads are American except Babel Rising. I've installed all of them in both Emunands with the same result. Honestly, since I discovered Dolphin runs almost all Wads fine, I don't feel like using Neek anymore. I'll post a Syscheck tomorrow, though (I'm on my phone now).

Reactions: CoolMe

V800

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Here, this is my SysCheck. I've got two IOS base 57 because one of them has Fakemote support (although I haven't figure it out how to make it work yet). I have Bootmii both as boot2 and IOS.

Attachments

• sysCheck.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 75

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, this is my SysCheck. I've got two IOS base 57 because one of them has Fakemote support (although I haven't figure it out how to make it work yet). I have Bootmii both as boot2 and IOS.
Looks messy. Not sure what the other cIOSs you have on there do.. @XFlak might help with that. 😉

Reactions: V800

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F