Hacking XKEY - what is a good value setting for HDKEEPALIVE config?

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think the xkey.cfg file i have been using is an old one. it didn't have the HDKEEPALIVE option listed at all.
i have been having a few random console restart issues and figured maybe my hdd going to sleep was the cause of my problems.
i've done some research and found out about this option and added the lines of text to my xkey.cfg file.
the problem is the default value is set HDKEEPALIVE=0 and i gather that means zero seconds, which means the option is disabled.
could anyone please let me know a good value for HDKEEPALIVE?

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply.
i'm not sure if my hdd supports sleep mode or not either.
sometimes the 360 can just go to black screen and then restart for what seems like no reason.
i've heard this can happen on xkey setup regardless and it don't happen all the time, but it can be annoying.
i was thinking a break in communication with the hdd if and when it goes to sleep may be causing the issue.
i will try the setting at 60.
i was thinking maybe installing the games to internal hdd might help the situation? because the xkey is emulating a dvd drive thus no laser wear and tear i have not bothered installing games.
as i say the restart does not happen all the time and the device is still very enjoyable as it is but i would like to eliminate any issues if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...