Xenoblade Chronicles 2 E3 Trailer - Holiday 2017

Explore an endless ocean of clouds, where the last remnants of civilization live on the backs of colossal beasts called Titans. Experience the story of Rex and his new friend, Pyra, a mysterious being known as a Blade who grants him tremendous power. Together, search for Pyra’s long lost home Elysium, the ultimate paradise for all of humanity. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch, Holiday 2017.

Nisem0n0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say I'm totally into the new art direction, but characters are definitely a step up from the stiff doll figures from Chronicles X. The UI looks pretty slick too and a lot more simplified and that's a plus for me. Really crossing my fingers and hoping Monolith is gonna go for the dual audio. Chronicles X i could stand the voice acting wasn't bad just the script was really corny, but listening to trailer for this legit made my ears hurt. Also don't know why, the two main characters kinda remind me of Max and Monica from Dark Chronicles.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH, even though due to technical limitations the first Xenoblade looked like if the characters had Easter Eggs for heads with painted decorations for eyes and features, I still prefer its art style.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just listened to the 4 tracks they released onto the Japanese website
I need the full ost NOW
The music is beautiful and literally gave me goosebumps

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was a bit disappointed that Xenoblade X didn't have Shulk.
It looks like 2 is a sequel, or it has some kind or connection to 1

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much I am a fan of anime, the anime-esque art style is bugging me but not because I think it looks bad. Since this is a sequel I feel the character art style should look somewhat similar to the predecessor or else it looks like it is part of a different universe/game. xeno x may have doll looking characters but at least you can see somewhat of a connection.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
As much I am a fan of anime, the anime-esque art style is bugging me but not because I think it looks bad. Since this is a sequel I feel the character art style should look somewhat similar to the predecessor or else it looks like it is part of a different universe/game. xeno x may have doll looking characters but at least you can see somewhat of a connection.
Yes I do like anime art style also, but for this game, Eh. The 2d anime menus look good though.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But they've used a similar art style in their older games. See Xenosaga.
Xenosaga was more on the doll face style, like Xenoblade X, IMHO.

PS: I mean, all three Xenoblades are "anime style" if you wish, the first and X are more realistic in body proportions though, while this has an art style that is seen in some other anime that is more on the unrealistic proportions side, with bodies very thin in some places, and not so much in some others, and bigger heads, etc.

PS2: But perhaps you like thin, big headed characters, with your profile pic I can't take Mayu out of my head in this regard /s
mayu.jpg

PS: I always wondered how such a small heart could pump enough to irrigate that piece of a head...

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
But they've used a similar art style in their older games. See Xenosaga.
But they also changed art style in the sequels. That's what I was getting at.
What? The newer used similar art as the older, but they changed the older style in newer? What paradox you living in.

I actually want to get this game, but I'm not really feeling the art. I thought the first Xenoblade character designs were ugly.

TBH, even though due to technical limitations the first Xenoblade looked like if the characters had Easter Eggs for heads with painted decorations for eyes and features, I still prefer its art style.
Their eyes and features look removable.
Its like the Anime version of Mr. Potato Head.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks to me that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is unrelated to the previous games. With the original announcement, I thought the giant tree was Frontier Village, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the latest trailer. I think it'll be a stand-alone game that wants to recapture some of the spirit of the original moreso than X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing