Gaming Xenoblade 2 is not that good...

scionae

*clicking circles*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The story can be great, the characters and the visual style can be great but oh my god this game is slow. The combat is slow, moving around is slow, falling and swimming in that sea of clouds is slow... Everyting is slow! Of course I don't mind slow games, but oh my god I feel like this is not even a finished game sometimes. Maybe I'm too used to BOTW, but man this is so bugged too...
What do you think? I honestly think that I just lost 60 bucks, might aswell re-sell it...

Last edited by scionae,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really quite enjoyed it. I get the game can feel slow, but it offset the pace of the story nicely for me. To each their own though, you won't find a game everybody will enjoy. If you don't feel as though you're getting your money's worth, by all means try to find something better suited to your tastes.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is one of my favorite games of the last couple of years.
I don't feel it slow, but there are a couple of bugs and shortcomings here and there that annoy me.
One of them being the unstable framerate.

I actually was thinking of buying a second copy to give it as a gift to a friend.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The combat gets faster the more you can upgrade different weapons. When they're maxed they start to go really faster. Also knuckles are the fastest weapons and Rex really starts punching! I love to use Kora because of the speed and healing at the same time!

scionae

*clicking circles*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The combat gets faster the more you can upgrade different weapons. When they're maxed they start to go really faster. Also knuckles are the fastest weapons and Rex really starts punching! I love to use Kora because of the speed and healing at the same time!
I figured out that the combat would be faster as you progress, but I don't know. I will try to play it again today and see if I can get something out of it :/

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's the reason I mostly used Adenine in combat after randomly getting her in the first or second bond I made.
It really goes faster if you use claws.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I share the opinion that it's not the masterpiece that many fans want it to be - I enjoyed it quite a lot for about twenty hours, but then dropped it. It just became too tedious, those never-ending fights with random mobs, the unbelievably bad waypoint system that makes you run around for ages just because you need to find some tiny staircase at the other end of the map just to get where the marker actually points... I also did not enjoy the complexity of equipping different stuff on different characters and your aegis, the character/stat point upgrades... other games include that into one single menu, here you have to navigate through sub-menus of sub-menus to get everything right, it's just tedious. Also some sidequests where extremely vague ... find object X, it drops near trees -> run around for an hour to find 5 of said object. Then towards the end it makes you grind because bosses are too strong, and that's when I dropped it. Especially the long fights against standard mobs are just a cheap measure to prolong gametime and I don't fall for that.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just love how much people play the game for like 20 minutes and then say its the worst in the series, even though they didnt really give it a try
It's a Japanese game, a japanese game doesn't start like 2-3 hours in. (Except maybe Platinum Games's games)

scionae

*clicking circles*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I share the opinion that it's not the masterpiece that many fans want it to be - I enjoyed it quite a lot for about twenty hours, but then dropped it. It just became too tedious, those never-ending fights with random mobs, the unbelievably bad waypoint system that makes you run around for ages just because you need to find some tiny staircase at the other end of the map just to get where the marker actually points... I also did not enjoy the complexity of equipping different stuff on different characters and your aegis, the character/stat point upgrades... other games include that into one single menu, here you have to navigate through sub-menus of sub-menus to get everything right, it's just tedious. Also some sidequests where extremely vague ... find object X, it drops near trees -> run around for an hour to find 5 of said object. Then towards the end it makes you grind because bosses are too strong, and that's when I dropped it. Especially the long fights against standard mobs are just a cheap measure to prolong gametime and I don't fall for that.
This is just what I was thinking, thank you pwp

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just love how much people play the game for like 20 minutes and then say its the worst in the series, even though they didnt really give it a try
Did I say it's a bad game? I said that it's a slow game and I didn't like it. And boy I've played it for more than 20 minutes ahahahaha

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is just what I was thinking, thank you pwp

Did I say it's a bad game? I said that it's a slow game and I didn't like it. And boy I've played it for more than 20 minutes ahahahaha
I never said you did it though? I just say it in general. Also when you say its not that good, you kinda automaticly say its not as good as others in the series.

It's a Japanese game, a japanese game doesn't start like 2-3 hours in. (Except maybe Platinum Games's games)
Yeah I know that but most people just except the game to be amazing from the start

Reactions: linuxares

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The story can be great, the characters and the visual style can be great but oh my god this game is slow. The combat is slow, moving around is slow, falling and swimming in that sea of clouds is slow... Everyting is slow! Of course I don't mind slow games, but oh my god I feel like this is not even a finished game sometimes. Maybe I'm too used to BOTW, but man this is so bugged too...
What do you think? I honestly think that I just lost 60 bucks, might aswell re-sell it...
You know, there are other things to do than auto attack, if you think combat it' slow means you don' know how to use blade combo, driver combo and chain attack.
This is a huge JRPG which will take you 100+ hours to beat and 200+ for everything else, but if JRPG is not your thing then why you bothered with this game in the first place.
Personally it's the best game for me after I lost faith in final fantasy.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
south-park-s10e13c08-kill-the-wise-one-16x9.jpg

KILL THE ELDER!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i think you are not used to xenoblade then.
i have had the issue with chronicles (on 3ds)

but i did not feel like it was slow but just too vast, the world is huge..

give it another chance, the game looks good.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too be honest, I don't think you need to grind levels just to finish the game. I finished it without even grinding, I just tried my best to finish the side quests I encounter and I find myself almost the same level as the boss that I need to defeat. All in all. I liked it. The only thing I am frustrated is the very low chance on getting rare blades(well, I guess that's one way to prove that they really are rare haha)

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First one in the series i really played and i like the battle system because its a bit slow at first. shows thats in a world of monsters people cant just walk up and instakill things 3 times there size without actual training and leveling. It makes use of all the various things it gives you as well nothing is nessesarily wasted during battle as long as you planned out your strategy prior to just walking out and expecting to own the world.

this is not that kind of game even at max level a level 50-60 monster can get the jump on you and screw you over. and in that sense its pretty realistic.

finally if you find battles slow grind missions instead and anything more then 3 or four levels below you ignores you except UMs. also for speed in terms of walking you need to become the owner of a few stores to increase it. simply put this is less a game and more of a world your walking into and in order to actually enjoy it you cant be in a rush cause then youll miss out on a lot of what makes it good.

Last edited by jahrs,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Call of duty fanboy detected!
Ad hominem.

Also, I haven't played it, but this sounds similar to the criticisms Earthbound gets. I'm not giving an opinion, but maybe some one could chime in with the knowledge of Earthbound that could use this info to give some clarity or if it is similar?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1