DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
After more then a years work, XBMC, the home media dashboard for the original Xbox has been released!
Version 3.5 brings a whole lot of bugfixes and improvements, most importantly, video playback.

Eurasia said:
DVDPlayer updates

DVDPlayer (The main video player in XBMC4Xbox) has received numerous changes, including having the FFMpeg core libraries updated to v1.2.8 which brings a variety of new codecs, bug-fixes, and optimisations from the previous 0.10.x version. The libraries used for DVD navigation have also been updated which should bring better compatibility with problematic DVD menus.

PAPlayer updates

PAPlayer (the core audio player in XBMC4Xbox) has received some updates since the last version of XBMC4Xbox. DVDPlayer’s FFMpeg libraries are now used for decoding of some audio formats which means some of the old out of date libraries we used previously are no longer needed. This simplifies maintenance, and brings with it better performance and compatibility. The FFMpeg libraries are now used for OGG, FLAC, AAC, AC3,and DTS.

The XBMC team also has decided not to rename XBMC to Kodi for the original xbox cause it would only lead to more confusion.

Source: Eurasia

Reactions: stomp_442

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded XBOX but haven't done anything with it, just burned a few games to disc. Is there any posts around here you recommend I read to use something like XBMC4Xbox, or just to get homebrew running?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    even though it is a system prone to rrod which it doesn't have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would not recommend 360 phat models anymore, slims are better, and RGH3 possible, phats only rgh1 or jtag
    +1
    ya but phat has ps2 chip in it :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This is a great buying guide that I recommend.
    my rgh systems glitch pretty damn fast
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Except Winchester, which even to this day, is not moddable.
    +1
    now I'm trying to figure out PS4 modding.
    +1
    looks easy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sony has announced that they will be using a non-x86 processor for their next-gen console.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Amazon fire sticks switching to a custom linuxOs instead of Android, sucks for 3rd party apks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is the red ring of death still common in phat xbox 360s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And Linux, regardless of its distro, is still easy to install 3rd-party modifications.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yes, phats are just a good heater for the winter months
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, its only relatively common on early models.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then the chance of potentially me wanting to have a phat xbox 360 is -1%
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If you have one, then chances are is that it needs a reballing of the chips.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you can Get a slim, even if few dollars more, do it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    @BigOnYa im atm fine with my ps3
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Falcon RGH models are fine, but a slim model is slightly more money apparently.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I remember that my uncle-in-law has (or had?) an Xbox 360 which I think was a slim one
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've modded prob over 50 Xbox360 over the years, never have I seen a slim come back to me, only the phats. N yea most time it needs reballed.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, loves Phil spencer
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Phil Spencer is a big asshole.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Phil Spencer is a big asshole.