Hardware Xbox One S Controller with Win 7?

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I just bought an Xbox One S controller, and wanted to connect it to my win 7 pc. I have the driver for Xbox One controllers for windows 7 that was hidden somewhere, and my wired one works fine. I tried connecting the s controller through blue tooth, and it connects fine, but when installing the drivers, it cannot find one for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". Any idea where I could find a driver to support the Bluetooth connection? I know I could upgrade to win 10, but I really don't want to yet. Any ideas?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I just bought an Xbox One S controller, and wanted to connect it to my win 7 pc. I have the driver for Xbox One controllers for windows 7 that was hidden somewhere, and my wired one works fine. I tried connecting the s controller through blue tooth, and it connects fine, but when installing the drivers, it cannot find one for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". Any idea where I could find a driver to support the Bluetooth connection? I know I could upgrade to win 10, but I really don't want to yet. Any ideas?
You need to go into devices and printers, find the controller, and force it to use that driver manually (at least, if it works the same for XBox controllers as it does for Wii Remotes)

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't work, but I found a brokenish fix. IF you install toshiba's Bluetooth drivers, it connects fine, but it is recognized as a dinput controller, so the button mapping is off and no xinput features work. Does anyone know how to force a dinput controller to use xinput drivers?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That didn't work, but I found a brokenish fix. IF you install toshiba's Bluetooth drivers, it connects fine, but it is recognized as a dinput controller, so the button mapping is off and no xinput features work. Does anyone know how to force a dinput controller to use xinput drivers?
Use Xbox 360 Controller Emulator.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT