sttranger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all,

I'm trying to fix an xbox controller that has damaged pads, the ones where the analog stick is soldered.

IMG_20200717_174010.jpg

Close to TP16 there is a pad that I guess it came off, I though repairing it but I can see where it connects. Does any one know where the pad should be connected (jumped)?
I do believe the pad is related with the analog stick button and I don't know if the pad is supposed to connect anywhere.
I tested the analog without the pad and it works but has a strange felling, not sure if its the pad or a damaged analog stiick.

Any opinion would be appreciated :)

MadMaxGR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think TP16 is ground. Will not affect the functionality. You can still bridge it to the other ground.

I can confirm next week when I go back to work.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think TP16 is ground. Will not affect the functionality. You can still bridge it to the other ground.

AcidMods has scans of the PCB here http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43204.0.html and says that TP16 is the Guide button signal (normally high, low when pressed).

I'm trying to fix an xbox controller that has damaged pads, the ones where the analog stick is soldered.

Close to TP16 there is a pad that I guess it came off, I though repairing it but I can see where it connects. Does any one know where the pad should be connected (jumped)?
I do believe the pad is related with the analog stick button and I don't know if the pad is supposed to connect anywhere.

Can you mark the problem pad on your diagram, or describe in more detail where it is? I think I read 'TP16' in the top-right region of the analog stick connections, so I guess you mean the pad directly to the right of that? The AcidMods page doesn't label that as being connected to anything, and the scan of the other side of the board also doesn't seem to connect anywhere. So I think it's probably one of the four holes that are just for securing the stick in place.

sttranger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
AcidMods has scans of the PCB here http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43204.0.html and says that TP16 is the Guide button signal (normally high, low when pressed).

Can you mark the problem pad on your diagram, or describe in more detail where it is? I think I read 'TP16' in the top-right region of the analog stick connections, so I guess you mean the pad directly to the right of that? The AcidMods page doesn't label that as being connected to anything, and the scan of the other side of the board also doesn't seem to connect anywhere. So I think it's probably one of the four holes that are just for securing the stick in place.

I think it was just securing things, because I soldered everything and I didn't notice a relevant difference.
In any case, its this one:
IMG_20200717_174010.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1