Xbox Chipped Enigmah....No Custom Dash...Want to install Unleash X ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry for the late response chap but I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Backup the original drive via FTP and install the new HDD, run Slayers to partition it and boot up FTP to copy the backup back.
It should then reboot and present you where you last backed it up + extra space ;p

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers mate, so I don't need to do hot swap with this one and clone drive with chimp...as I have a modchip right ? , Do i have to mess around with Chimp then and locking drives or is that avoided now ?
If that's the case then I will do tomorrow

Also, I was reading about this clock capacitor removal.. my chipped xbox is a launch console, if I was to remove this will I be affected by any clock loop issue...

Last edited by Buffdaddy,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. :)

Also, I was reading about this clock capacitor removal.. my chipped xbox is a launch console, if I was to remove this will I be affected by any clock loop issue...

This clock loop issue is because of the Xbox has no battery to store Date and time.If the Xbox is longer than 6-8 hours without power it looses the time settings.It has nothing to do with the removal.:)

If your motherboard is a revision 1.6 motherboard, you will need to replace the capacitor with a new one, or else it won't boot (though it is unnecessary to remove it because they are different capacitors than previous models). If your console is on a very old softmod or BIOS version, it may not have the "clock loop" fix and will be stuck in a boot loop until you manually fix it by adding a font file to the HDD (Ernie font) or the latest MSDash, so make sure to update your softmod first if you haven't. Otherwise, the only thing affected is that the system time will not be accurate once unplugged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxb...inder_if_you_own_an_original_xbox_remove_the/

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thx for reply, yes the clock loop question was as I read in the actual link you quoted regarding "may not have clock loop fix" ...and the adding font file info..just wanted to check..im very new to this..
Then it mentions updating softmod..I did the softmod today using Rocky5 disc so I assume that's new enough..?

Thanks again

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes softmod is "uptodate" now.Please check your UnleashX version,should be 0.39.0528A (Build 584).

If the area around the capacitor on the mainboard is fine and is not bloated there is no need to do it.:)

Its only when you have your Xbox permanently plugged in.And as i read your Thread you have a modchip.Then its no problem to unplug it from time to time.

Your choice.:)

Reactions: Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thx for replies, I am going to upgrade the stock hdd to a 500 Maxtor I have here so I thought that would be a perfect time to do it,

DinohScene.. With regards to the HDR upgrade on chipped console would you say it will be easier and quicker to do way you stated a few posts above or hot swap method..

When you say back up..I assume you mean copy all the files to my pc then place them all back to new hdd...C, E, etc.., or is there an actual backup process..

Thx for helping this noob lol..

Reactions: Alexander1970

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't hotswap, especially if you have a chip. Hotswapping is only necessary if the console is soft modded ONLY, due to the harddrive being locked to the console.

I bricked a soft modded Xbox doing the hotswap (I could have bought a chip to salvage it, but didn't bother). I bricked the stock HDD and was left with a dead console.

Honestly doing it the way @DinohScene suggested is the safest route.

Thx for replies, I am going to upgrade the stock hdd to a 500 Maxtor I have here so I thought that would be a perfect time to do it,

DinohScene.. With regards to the HDR upgrade on chipped console would you say it will be easier and quicker to do way you stated a few posts above or hot swap method..

When you say back up..I assume you mean copy all the files to my pc then place them all back to new hdd...C, E, etc.., or is there an actual backup process..

Thx for helping this noob lol..

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi TSK, yes I will definitely do it the way Dino has told me to, I just asked as I did my first one this week using the hotswap (just a softmodded) so didn't know if I had to do same.. ( I experimented on a stock xbox for my first softmod attempt before I tried on my Chipped Day one version which ive looked after since launch

UPDATE... Typical isn't it... ive had a 500GB IDE HDD for couple of years as a small back up for my pc.. which I just use from a caddy...so I decided to use it for my Chipped xbox upgrade ive had this thread about...and as I attempt to make a back up of that to a sata external before I put it in my xbox...it goes to crap...so now its going in the bin...

Anyway ive ordered a Startech IDE to Sata adaptor (which I have read does work for xbox) and will put in a Sata hdd.. Im just wondering can I follow same process as in post above me regarding the hdd upgrade process.

Thx for reading this guys..

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I just wanted to give an update and ask a question...

I have completed my 1TB Sata HDD upgrade of my Enigmah chipped xbox… and I am very happy with it.

But I wanted to ask a small question...I tried firstly the method advised to me here as in .. Copying all files from stock hard drive to PC, Installing new hard drive, formatting using slayers, then finally copying over all folders from the original hard drive.

But when I tried this I only got as far as installing the 1TB HDD but I was unable to do anything else as I was getting an 05 Error screen when attempting to use slayers disc..and none of my other tool discs worked.... I finally had to do the Hot swap method and this worked ok..but I was wondering if anyone knows why the other method didn't work and I only got the 05 Error..

Many thx

Sethtimus Prime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I just wanted to give an update and ask a question...

I have completed my 1TB Sata HDD upgrade of my Enigmah chipped xbox… and I am very happy with it.

But I wanted to ask a small question...I tried firstly the method advised to me here as in .. Copying all files from stock hard drive to PC, Installing new hard drive, formatting using slayers, then finally copying over all folders from the original hard drive.

But when I tried this I only got as far as installing the 1TB HDD but I was unable to do anything else as I was getting an 05 Error screen when attempting to use slayers disc..and none of my other tool discs worked.... I finally had to do the Hot swap method and this worked ok..but I was wondering if anyone knows why the other method didn't work and I only got the 05 Error..

Many thx

Error 5 means your hard drive isn't locked. If you're xbox is chipped properly, it shouldn't care about that. Are you sure it's not just soft modded?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your post says enigmah chipped. There is an enigmah video switcher, is there a modchip called enigmah too?

Buffdaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello...I know it is chipped for certain, ive actually had it open and seen the modchip underneath with about 30 wires lol.... with regards to the Enigmah...this was one of the first modchips from back in the day...and I got this chipped around 2002-03 … but never ever had custom dash etc..it was just for playing discs..

I thought that was what the 05 error was from, I just was wondering as I was told that if it was mod chipped then I could just replace the hdd, which is what I tried first.

But as I said I got it done the other way (hot swap clone method)

There is really no info anywhere with regards to the Enigmah modchip anymore, i don't really know much about it, just that it can boot back ups with no probs, There is no button to disable it..etc..

Just checked around, apparently the Enigmah Chip was replaced by the "X-ecuter" Chip...so it was really one of the first ones.

God im getting old ..lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it