Hardware Xbox 360 E80 / GPU Repair Help Needed

EarthBoundX5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for some direction and assistance in a repair, and have tried a couple Discord servers...never thought to go to gbatemp for repairs, but here goes! Been out of consoles, mods, and repairs a number of years now...

I've got an Xbox 360 (I believe a Xenon model) that has an E80 error (found by cycling diagnostic light codes). The console boots up, image is displayed off centered and faded (using VGA, only option right now); then during the splash screen it freezes. This is no different with or without the HDD attached. I have not opened it yet, so do not know if it's the common damaged resistor problem. I had contacted a place to repair it, but they said it could be a GPU issue and that they'd not be able to repair due to cost/time. I was told I'd need a X819195 chip, but I'd like someone to help confirm that too.

Also have an issue with a Phat PS3 too where I know for sure I'll need to replace the GPU and need to figure out the model processor or what to do, but I'll post in the appropriate forum later.

Anyways, I have a Hakko 1418 available to use for any repairs and have competent soldering skills. I also have access to someone who's done soldering of medical equipment monitors...so if it's too much, I can procure higher skills than my own. If someone could please help direct me to good resources or help to hold my hand with a plan, I'd greatly appreciate it! Additionally, if anyone knows a professional repair group that'd take on the work for fair costs...that would be my ideal, as I'm limited in my free time at the moment. Thanks!!

Last edited by EarthBoundX5,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol