GareJei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gareblogs.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It's because traditionally in Japan an O or maru is used as a symbol for yes, and X or batsu is used for no.

This. It's not the Japanese who are "being different", it's the English ones.

Honestly the JP one makes more sense to me, since the X sign traditionally evokes "bad/fail, etc." in me while the circle is the opposite. Think of Britains Got Talent or any other similar show, when they buzz people out they get X marks.

Reactions: Metoroid0

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It really screws me over when switching from 3ds to ps3, but you adjust in a few minutes. Still dont know why American decided to change X into confirm. We probably would have been fine if O stayed as confirm.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
This. It's not the Japanese who are "being different", it's the English ones.

Honestly the JP one makes more sense to me, since the X sign traditionally evokes "bad/fail, etc." in me while the circle is the opposite. Think of Britains Got Talent or any other similar show, when they buzz people out they get X marks.

It really screws me over when switching from 3ds to ps3, but you adjust in a few minutes. Still dont know why American decided to change X into confirm. We probably would have been fine if O stayed as confirm.

Yeah but also when you are checking something you are checking it with cross or X and also O

But yeah, Sony IS a Japanese console to start with :P so i think it's natural to be as they say it should be :3

BUT! position alone for X button makes more sense to be main because, for me, it is ergonomically placed in right position for pressing, so it feels natural for it to be main button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before