Hacking X and O switched up on PS2 games - CFW 4.81

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I already made a thread where you guys helped with my issues regarding new system but I got this last one to care of. Whenever I play PS2 via PS3 X and O buttons are switched up, that means pressing X on controller registers as pressing O and opposite. In some games I can change controls (for example Red Faction) but in other its just annoying... I could probably get used to it but I believe theres some fix and Im not first person ever to encounter this bug(?)/weird feature.

It isnt the case in PSX games

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your PS3 the Japanese version? Are you trying to play Japanese games? It is well known that in Japan the X and O buttons are swapped so that O means OK and X means cancel.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is your PS3 the Japanese version? Are you trying to play Japanese games? It is well known that in Japan the X and O buttons are swapped so that O means OK and X means cancel.

Its serial is
CECH-2004B
So Im guessing its PAL?

I tried playing Dragon Quest, very much Japanease game, so I guess thats a feature and theres no modders workaround?

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn there was an OS update that allowed for button mapping.. But then i remembered it was the PS4 #RIP.. The only work around i know is to get a device like the chronos max or something similar that allows button mapping.. Could also look for some kind of modded controller..

RiveaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If there's not a control scheme option then you're stuck. Dragon Quest is a Japanese game and like sansnumen said a lot of Japanese games use O for confirm and X for cancel. You'll get used to it the more you play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2