Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
@Nickkk
Please tell me, where I have to search the partitions.

Extract from history:
Code:
wwt v0.39a r782 - 2010-03-29
- wwt --auto: If the file /proc/partitions is not found, than all devices
   named '/dev/sd*' and '/dev/rdisk*' are scanned for WBFS. If scanning of
   '/dev/rdisk*' fails then also files named '/dev/disk*' are scanned.
   Using character devices '/dev/rdisk*' will speed up wwt on apple computers.
I'm referring to the --all option, not --auto (which returns an error if there are many WBFS partitions). Are they implemented in a similar way? I don't know how diskutil list is implemented or how wwt finds the partitions, but can you imagine why they could differ? Maybe a permission issue?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Internally, --auto and --all use the same search engine. Only the outcome differs.
--auto want to use exact one WBFS, --all use any number of WBFS.

Try wwt find -l to list all searched and found WBFS.

@markehmus
The source is irrelevant. Form clearness: I want a copy of a working image.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ Wiimm
so i been trying to learn more.
i see that title and ID can be updated ... that is fairly straight forward for me to understand.

Disc header , and partition header ... have me wondering , where can i learn what happens when those are changed.

Changing tmd/ticket ....would this only change the ios the game loads with ?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Wiimm
so i been trying to learn more.
i see that title and ID can be updated ... that is fairly straight forward for me to understand.

Disc header , and partition header ... have me wondering , where can i learn what happens when those are changed.

Changing tmd/ticket ....would this only change the ios the game loads with ?

A ticket is all of the signatures for a title.
A TMD file is information about everything contained in the title container whether it be disc partition, WAD or extracted to the NAND's filesystem. It includes the IOS that the title wants to run under along with things like the name, title ID, etc.

Reactions: markehmus

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
An ID4/6 summary.

ID4 of disc is send to WFC at login to identify the game. ID6 of WBFS is used by USB loaders to identify the image. Usually it is a copy of DISK/ID6.

ID4 of TICKET and TMD must be the same. If differ, the game freeze. This ID4 is used to identify the save game. In other words: If you want more profiles (e.g. a second city at Animal Crossing), create a game copy on your drive and change the ID4 of TMD+TICKET.

For ID6 of BOOT.BIN I have never found any impact.

Reactions: markehmus

osupka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, could somebody at least comment my post https://gbatemp.net/threads/wwt-wit-wiimms-wbfs-iso-tools.182236/page-86#post-6049010 . Because I feel like I've been completely ignored.

Also I have another problem with wit. On the web site it says "All WIT tools creates sparse files automatically when writing a new file." I have Windows 7, NTFS. When I execute the command "wit convert game.iso", It does NOT create a sparse file, but rather a regular one. What am I missing?

osupka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wtf. Half a year has passed and there is no comments after mine. Did I scare you all?

Anyway. I found another bug in the wit tool. I wanted to decrypt partitions, so I did "wit convert game.iso --enc decrypt". The partitions got decrypted, but it also scrubbed the iso. So I added the option "--raw". "wit convert game.iso --raw --enc decrypt" AND IT DID NOT DECRYPT THE PARTITIONS. The iso remained the same actually. So I have no way to decrypt partitions without scrubbing.

Last edited by osupka,

justme488

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure this out how to accomplish this. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have 1,163 wii iso's in my E: drive and I would like to fix the titles (and whatever else I can fix) to what they are supposed to be (example - before=game title uploaded by whoever | after = game title). After fixing these iso's titles, I would like to convert these to wbfs while splitting by 4gb (wbfs andwbf1) and put on my F: drive. Please help me with this. I keep getting syntax errors, no matter how I try. I also have linux mint, if it would be any easier. Thanks

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
First execute: cmd
to open a new command window. Then:
wit copy "/cygdrive/e/path to/my image.iso" "/cygdrive/f/path to/new image.wbfs" --split --name "new title" -vv

If this fails, post the error message.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Wiimm, is there a way to add a MBR partition table if the drive is formated to WBFS from sector 0? even if it requires deleting the first game to move the first sectors. I guess the first game (if sector is used) could be moved at an empty location to prevent losing it.
that user has a drive without a table, and can't assign a partition letter to convert WBFS to FAT32.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wbfs-hdd-not-initialized.432751

Reactions: Wiimm

justme488

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First execute: cmd
to open a new command window. Then:
wit copy "/cygdrive/e/path to/my image.iso" "/cygdrive/f/path to/new image.wbfs" --split --name "new title" -vv

If this fails, post the error message.

!! wit: ERROR #27 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in SetupReadSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#447
!! Can't open file: /cygdrive/e/path to/my image.iso
1 object scanned.
wit: Command 'COPY' returns with status #27 [CAN'T OPEN FILE]

i'm not sure if I was supposed to copy and paste, or change path to/my image. I have all the iso's on the root of my e: drive with no folder, so I dont know if there is a way to select all iso mages. I forgot to mention, I would like to put them in a folder on my f: drive in a folder called "games". Thanks

Last edited by justme488,

justme488

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please think about the part: "/cygdrive/e/path to/my image.iso"

I think I got it now that I got my coffee and woke up lol. I used:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT>wit copy "/cygdrive/e/" "/cygdrive/f/games" --w
bfs --split --name "new title" -vv

Does this look correct?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you miss the filename format for the output filename.
You can't use "new title" like that, you need to specify the new title.

also, isnt the "--name" option used for replacing the name inside the ISO and not the filename ?

shouldn't it be something like this instead :

wit copy "/cygdrive/e/" "/cygdrive/f/games/%N [%I].%E" --wbfs --split

it will scan all games located in your "e" folder, and rename them to "%N [%I].%E" which means "Name of the game [ID6].extension"
example :
New Super Mario bros. Wii [SMNP01].extension

the extension will be wbfs and wbf1 because you specify --wbfs and --split (default to 4GB)

It's even better to use this format :
wbfs/Folder name with the game filename [GameID6]/GameID6.wbfs

wit copy "/cygdrive/e/" "/cygdrive/f/games/%T [%I]/%+" --wbfs --split

justme488

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you miss the filename format for the output filename.
You can't use "new title" like that, you need to specify the new title.

also, isnt the "--name" option used for replacing the name inside the ISO and not the filename ?

Honestly, I have no clue. I just took what I was given and changed paths. I added --wbfs to output in that extension. I'm trying to move,convert,split,rename several games at once.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have to "take what's given", you have to read what's given and understand it.
If you see "path to your game" you don't have to write that string, you have to REPLACE "path to your game" with the actual REAL path to your game file !
if you see "new name" you don't have to write "new name" but the actual name you want for your newly created file ! the new name you want, not "new name", or all your games will named named "new name".

mario will become new name.wbfs
zelda will become new name.wbfs
and ... you'll have a filename conflict because two games will have the same filename

I wrote a command line you could use, in my previous post.
ONLY if your current games are located in "e" and you want the result in "f/games".
If that's not where the games are located, edit it !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...