Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,
i have just downloaded the last update for smash bross to update with wup. I have got a folder with 96 files and 1,99G.
Is that ok for the last update of smash bross, i can isntall ?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Adr990, did you ever fix NUSGrabberGUI to pull the latest version list from here and then use "https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/<USA/EUR/JAP>/<US/EU/JP>/list/<#FromPreviousLink>.versionlist" to make sure all the updates were the latest available for the GUI? I remember it being talked about at one point and seemed like the best solution but hadn't heard anything since. I'd much rather have users use the GUI than command line for my guide.

biff johnston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a list of all the full games that can be installed without freezing on the second launch of the website? I keep hearing there's a safety list but where exactly is it?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Adr990, did you ever fix NUSGrabberGUI to pull the latest version list from here and then use "https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/<USA/EUR/JAP>/<US/EU/JP>/list/<#FromPreviousLink>.versionlist" to make sure all the updates were the latest available for the GUI? I remember it being talked about at one point and seemed like the best solution but hadn't heard anything since. I'd much rather have users use the GUI than command line for my guide.
Yea, I didn't have the time so far.

Edit:
Nvm, I see how it works now.

Edit 2:
Is there a way to access names from the server too? Linking them with the Title ID's?
Otherwise I'd still be bound to use WiiUBrew for that.

Last edited by Adr990,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I didn't have the time so far.

Edit:
Nvm, I see how it works now.

Edit 2:
Is there a way to access names from the server too? Linking them with the Title ID's?
Not that I know of, though I'm not the one who discovered that way of finding the title ID and version info.

Might have to link back to WiiUBrew for game names, but at least the update versions would be updated sooner.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If WiiU Brew stays up to date with new titles could you possibly use it to find title ID, then access the version number from the version list website? Crediar is the one who linked that method originally.

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me set up the spoofer for me. I currently don't have a personal computer and lack administrative rights to run some of the programs.

biff johnston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a weird issue, I was hoping someone could help me out because it's preventing me from playing any loadiine games :(

I tried to use the wup installer to update smash to the latest but I guess I didn't wait long enough because the data got corrupted. After I deleted the corrupted data I could no longer launch smash (says it needs to be updated) so I guess now I HAVE to update smash. Yet I've tried twice more now to install it but nothing happens. Even after going to sleep for 8 hours and coming back when I reset the wii-u the title wasn't updated and there wasn't even corrupted data this time, just nothing at all. I know I'm doing the correct method because I used it to spoof myself to 5.5.0 and I successfully installed the Hyrule Warriors update files.

Also, when I go to the data management screen it says found unnecessary data, if I tell it to try deleting it it just says it's deleting it and not to turn off the power (it's been there for hours now.) Did I mess up? Is there anything I can do to be able to launch smash and loadiine games again?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use the wup installer to update smash to the latest but I guess I didn't wait long enough because the data got corrupted.

No, once the system knows there is an update, you can only bypass the message or install it. Resetting WiiU might help, but will erase everything and you might need to dl your pre-installed games again.

Just re-install the update and wait this time longer than last time. The update is around 2,1 GB, it will take a whole 45 minutes to install and the progress gets slower when the display gets dark.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-bros-update.400274/

To bypass it should work by disabling internet >>> Update...>>> no >>> start

Last edited by liomajor,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a weird issue, I was hoping someone could help me out because it's preventing me from playing any loadiine games :(

I tried to use the wup installer to update smash to the latest but I guess I didn't wait long enough because the data got corrupted. After I deleted the corrupted data I could no longer launch smash (says it needs to be updated) so I guess now I HAVE to update smash. Yet I've tried twice more now to install it but nothing happens. Even after going to sleep for 8 hours and coming back when I reset the wii-u the title wasn't updated and there wasn't even corrupted data this time, just nothing at all. I know I'm doing the correct method because I used it to spoof myself to 5.5.0 and I successfully installed the Hyrule Warriors update files.

Also, when I go to the data management screen it says found unnecessary data, if I tell it to try deleting it it just says it's deleting it and not to turn off the power (it's been there for hours now.) Did I mess up? Is there anything I can do to be able to launch smash and loadiine games again?

Re-download the packages you might have a bad copy. I updated last night without incident.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait... if we have the ticket for a game, would we be able to install it? It sounds good in theory!
They're issued on a per-console basis, so you'd have to either figure out if a ticket works universally and can be installed with WUP Installer, or just buy the game on the eShop which gets you the ticket (which would negate the purpose of wanting to do it through WUP Installer)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They're issued on a per-console basis, so you'd have to either figure out if a ticket works universally and can be installed with WUP Installer, or just buy the game on the eShop which gets you the ticket (which would negate the purpose of wanting to do it through WUP Installer)
26063d1288793351-2010-bowman-chrome-golden-ticket-willywonka.jpg

*this is not an image board*...look here is some text about golden tickets

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about preinstalled games? I know that in the 3ds scene the preinstalled games ("legit cia's) can be installed on any 3ds. Does the wiiu function the same way?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What about preinstalled games? I know that in the 3ds scene the preinstalled games ("legit cia's) can be installed on any 3ds. Does the wiiu function the same way?
no-body knows....or at least nobody publicly has access to ticket duping to check/test, but if i had to guess i would say its probably the same setup for pre-installed games as the 3DS

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: