Wow..My brother found a black 3DS

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hyro-Sama said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
They're not bloody commanding him to return it, we're not calling a him a bad person if he doesn't attempt to return it. We're telling him the right thing to do would be to at least TRY and return it to the original owner.
I really dislike people like you.

I didn't know people could be judged from one comment on a forum. Thanks for letting me know.
dry.gif
No problem.
To clarify, judging from what you posted, about how he shouldn't try to return the 3DS 'cause 'people should take care of their things', those are the type of people I don't like.
Shit happens, and obviously, for whoever the original owner is, shit like this happened.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
Hyro-Sama said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
They're not bloody commanding him to return it, we're not calling a him a bad person if he doesn't attempt to return it. We're telling him the right thing to do would be to at least TRY and return it to the original owner.

I didn't know people could be judged from one comment on a forum. Thanks for letting me know.
dry.gif
No problem.
To clarify, judging from what you posted, about how he shouldn't try to return the 3DS 'cause 'people should take care of their things', those are the type of people I don't like.
Shit happens, and obviously, whoever the original owner is, shit like this happened.

Oh you internet hallmonitors.

How the hell is he going to find the owner?
He wont, he can't, so why bother. "oh but he should at least try!"
No, he shouldn't. Because it's pretty much impossible. The 3DS houses basically no personal information. There's no way to find the owner.

As well, "shit happens". Kid got stupid and lost his 3DS. Sorry, but that's a pretty valuable (and not tiny) piece of technology. It's hard to "lose". He lost his 3DS. Shit happens! Too bad for him.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:

No, he shouldn't. Because it's pretty much impossible. The 3DS houses basically no personal information. There's no way to find the owner.

As well, "shit happens". Kid got stupid and lost his 3DS. Sorry, but that's a pretty valuable (and not tiny) piece of technology. It's hard to "lose". He lost his 3DS. Shit happens! Too bad for him.
Admittedly, it's going to be near impossible to try and find the original owner. (@OP, where did your brother find it if you don't mind me asking) But that wasn't the point I was trying to get across, I was saying how it's douchey to not even consider trying to get back a piece of expensive technology to its original owner, which is what Hyro was implying.

It's not like it's completely impossible to lose something like a 3DS, especially if the owner was a kid. (I know that isn't likely considering the game inside, still a possibility)

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Atleast try to return it, then you won't feel guilty, I saw a guy drop a £50 note on the floor and gave it straight to him. If you fail to find the guy lucky you, if he comes back and says hi then do the decent thing and give HIS 3DS bought using HIS money back

PlutonPress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't there a Mii made or something?

Try to return it. But don't mention the games or Mii in the ads or flyer (or whenever). When people calls and say "Hey it's my 3DS", ask them what game was in. If they guess correctly, ask the name of one of the Mii.

And if no one can anwser correctly, you got a black 3ds.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Hyro-Sama said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

dry.gif
No problem.
Shit happens, and obviously, whoever the original owner is, shit like this happened.

In which case the Wright Brothers were idiots. Obviously flying is impossible, everyone's known that for thousands of years, why should we bother trying to make a piece of wood take off?

Dumbass.

And I'm pretty sure you're only saying this crap to cover up for how you reacted to finding that iPhone that some poor soul is probably still frustrated over.

Where's the harm in putting up a poster near where you found it? None.

Scenarios (after putting up poster):
- Owner sees poster, contacts you and gets his 3DS back. - Good outcome (unless you're a right dick and don't want someone else to get 'your' 3DS).
- Owner sees poster, contacts you, gets his 3DS back and rewards you in cash (or the 3DS) - Good outcome.
- No one replies within 1 month and you keep the 3DS - Good outcome (for you, 1 month is plenty for the owner).

As you can see it's a win-win situation, no reason at all not to do it.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
Hells Malice said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Hyro-Sama said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

dry.gif
No problem.

In which case the Wright Brothers were idiots. Obviously flying is impossible, everyone's known that for thousands of years, why should we bother trying to make a piece of wood take off?

Dumbass.

And I'm pretty sure you're only saying this crap to cover up for how you reacted to finding that iPhone that some poor soul is probably still frustrated over.

Where's the harm in putting up a poster near where you found it? None.

- Owner sees poster, contacts you and gets his 3DS back. - Good outcome (unless you're a right dick and don't want someone else to get 'your' 3DS).
- Owner sees poster, contacts you, gets his 3DS back and rewards you in cash (or the 3DS) - Good outcome.
- No one replies within 1 month and you keep the 3DS - Good outcome (for you, 1 month is plenty for the owner).

-Put up poster
-Get calls from tons of people claiming its theirs
-Your plan falls to shit

Its not that simple.
lecture.gif

Example:

lostipodtouch50.jpg

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
-Put up poster
-Your plan falls to shit

Its not that simple.
lecture.gif

Example:

lostipodtouch50.jpg
As someone has already mentioned, just tell them to name the game that was inside and any other details that are stored inside the 3DS to prove they're the real owner.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
-Put up poster
-Your plan falls to shit

Its not that simple.
lecture.gif

Example:

lostipodtouch50.jpg
As someone has already mentioned, just tell them to name the game that was inside and any other details that are stored inside the 3DS to prove they're the real owner.

rofl.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
-Put up poster
-Your plan falls to shit

Its not that simple.
lecture.gif

Example:

lostipodtouch50.jpg

rofl.gif

I don't get it....

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone close this thread. The haters have no valid argument. The just going to continue to bitch until we all remorse and change our ways. NOT HAPPENING. The OP has no plans of actually returning the 3DS unless he posts otherwise. Go be the moral police somewhere else.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:
Hells Malice said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
-Put up poster
-Your plan falls to shit

Its not that simple.
lecture.gif

Example:

lostipodtouch50.jpg

rofl.gif

I don't get it....
Not many 3DS games out yet, someone could guess it and possibly get it right. Try asking the person what the profile name was on the 3DS, assuming the 3DS has that option, as my DSi does.

As for my opinion, his brother found it, not the OP. It's his brother's choice whether to do the right thing or not, and I know it sucks to lose something so valuable, but it was the original owner's carelessness that caused him to lose it. My sister tends to lose some of my things, but really, I'm the one at fault, for letting he be so careless with my belongings. Also, if it was found somewhere, say, at a school, if his brother decides to do so, he could bring it up to the office or something.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Thesolcity said:
-Put up poster
-Your plan falls to shit

Its not that simple.
lecture.gif

Example:

lostipodtouch50.jpg

rofl.gif
You do realise there's a lot of information the guy can use to indentify who the real owner is? Replying with just an emoticon is really stupid.

QUOTE(Hyro-Sama @ Oct 5 2011, 07:10 PM)
Someone close this thread. The haters have no valid argument. The just going to continue to bitch until we all remorse and change our ways. NOT HAPPENING. The OP has no plans of actually returning the 3DS unless he posts otherwise. Go be the moral police somewhere else.
No arguments?
Says the guy who hasn't answered to a single argument.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Hyro-Sama said:

You seem to have your mind hellbent on saying that we're policing OP down the street with Lost Posters
biggrin.gif

Obviously, our writing here can only convey so much message. If you can, OP, see if you can't find the poor fella who lost his 3DS. Cash rewards are always more worth it (take it from someone who's found 3 lost iPods the past 8 months)
wink.gif

OBLIGATORY ANTI-HYRO-SAMA MESSAGE ADDENDUM:

Your mileage may vary on the moral satisfaction (if any) if you return the 3DS. No guarantees are expressed nor implied from said returning, satisfaction, or possible scrutiny that this disclaimer upholds.

[/massive-jk.js]

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Hyro-Sama said:
No arguments?

Like I said. Make a VALID argument. I will respond.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
rofl.gif

QUOTEIn which case the Wright Brothers were idiots. Obviously flying is impossible, everyone's known that for thousands of years, why should we bother trying to make a piece of wood take off?

Dumbass.

Where's the harm in putting up a poster near where you found it And then ask the caller's the name, game and colour Mii on the 3DS? None.

Jeez, there's a thing called common-sense. Laughing because you see one tiny little problem that can be solved by a 3 year-old is just ignorance.
Read my previous post again, you have no valid argument.

edit: Hyro-Sama, please reply to my VALID argument.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hyro-Sama said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Hyro-Sama said:
No arguments?

Like I said. Make a VALID argument. I will respond.
If our arguments aren't valid, it should be easy to pull them apart as they are. Why don't you?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say do what you want. It's in your hands so its your [brother's] decision. Know that there is no wrong decision, and no matter what you do I will not persecute you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, lol