Gaming Wouldn't it be cool if there was a CS:DS?

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't It be awesome if there was a CounterStrike game for the DS? It would work out wouldn't it? Touch screen for aiming, D-Pad for movement, L for shoot, Select button to toggle between crouching and standing, R button to switch to knife. ABXY buttons for weapons,grenades,etc. I think it would totally work out. I wonder if the idea has ever occurred to Valve.

Sonic782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, its more of a PC game and the graphics would suck TBH, as much as I love the DS that game wouldn't work for it, maybe a different FPS like Duke or Quake.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat by MistWalker is going to be using some sort of pre-rendering method to make the graphics look better. I want to see how that turns out.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a big fan of CS. Imagine playing Counter-Strike on WiFi! I think it would work out on the DS

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that every CS and DS owner wishes there was a Counter Strike on the DS. Same thing with me a Counter Strike:CZ player. But in reality, its never going to happen.

akalic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hwo can you look up and down with the touch screen, and switch knives and use weaposn while moving at the same time?

HUmar104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you wouldnt be able to get CS running on a 67 mhz + 33 mhz processor even if you made the textures 2nd and closer to quake me thinks.
THough it would be a nice idea, i dont think it's practical, the screen resolution would kill me inside everytime i would play.

six-five-two

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As awesome as it would be there isn't enough keys on the DS to play CS. And the DS isn't fast enough. Maybe for the PSP (eww) though.

Think of it though:
DS Keys:
L
R
A
B
X
Y
D-Pad
Select
Start

CS Keys:
Reload
Attack
Attack2
Mouselook
Use key
Move around
Last inventory
Slots 1-5

As awesome as CS:DS would be... I don't expect it being released.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It definitely wouldn't work out on the PSP, You would not be able to aim.
You can aim with the touchscreen. Oh, and for weapon slots, You can have them at the bottom of the touch screen.

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
lol you wouldnt be able to get CS running on a 67 mhz + 33 mhz processor even if you made the textures 2nd and closer to quake me thinks.
THough it would be a nice idea, i dont think it's practical, the screen resolution would kill me inside everytime i would play.

Well, they got Metroid Prime to work...and that looks pretty good.

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep dreaming for a new FPS... because i HATED prime
tongue.gif

jjkm4a1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty I could sooner see this on the psp (i've thought about this before, all cs addicts have). I think it would be amazing, but we all know it got pretty crappy on the Xbox (but still fun of course) --- so hopes for a handheld version dont look bright at all.

slvrdrgn123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Possible, but I don't think it would be as fun as the PC version. CS is a game that requires fast reflexes and pinpoint accuracy. Playing it on a DS, you wouldn't achieve the same speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: lost 30 po unds so for +1