Hacking Working Wii, Restore Nand Backup or cIOS's?

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I have a Wii on 4.3E with a nand.bin / keys.bin backup from when I modded it back in 2010. It has bootmii installed to boot2.

Since then it’s had DARKCORP and QuadForce installed which I believe modified some system cIOS’s.

Ideally I’d like to remove any modifications DARKCORP / QuadForce have done to the Wii, can I just restore the nand backup and start again? If so what’s the best way to go about this in 2016?

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that because you made the backup it should be fine to reinstall it.

Btw whats darkcorp and quadforce?

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
DARKCORP allowed you to play almost all of your in-region backup burnt Wii and GameCube games via the disc channel, without opening your console or having to use a loader application.

Quadforce allowed you to play Triforce arcade games on the Wii, such as Mario Kart Arcade GP1 and GP2. However setting that up at the time broke compatibility with GameCube games. It's outdated now as you can simply use Nintendont.

I have no interest in playing backups and actually want to play some out of region GameCube games, so figured i'd simply restore the Wii to stock and re install the Homebrew Channel, then setup PriiLoader for region free gaming.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah then yes im sure reinstalling the nand should do the trick but you can always research more if you are still unsure

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Restoring the nand backup worked perfectly fine, I didn't even have to re install the Homebrew Channel. The nand backup I restored was made as soon as the HomeBrew channel had originally been installed.

I loaded the Homebrew Channel and it updated it's self, GameCube games now work perfectly again too.

A good end result, a pretty much stock Wii with the Homebrew Channel :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello