omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
omgpwn666 said:
Should this in anyway be compared to Akaio like many are doing? I'm confused, it seems like people are throwing out Acekards for R4 all of the sudden.
tongue.gif

ya because doesn't it feel good when you say the r4 is better than the (insert flashcart here)

Feels more weird because of all the hating users have been doing, but it does feel kind of good. Haha

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
omgpwn666 said:
Should this in anyway be compared to Akaio like many are doing? I'm confused, it seems like people are throwing out Acekards for R4 all of the sudden.
tongue.gif

wood's firmware is more of a stripped down akaio. it does alittle less but does it better. the rpg support in akaio is old code from YWG.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
laxman0220 said:
I'm having doubts of buying that r4 from shoptemp :/

What if normmatt blocks it D:

norm has nothing to do with this firmware, he simply offered some advice that made this "port" possible. people need to get this straight. yellow wood goblin is not normmatt, YWG's firmware is not akaio.

-another world

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
omgpwn666 said:
laxman0220 said:
omgpwn666 said:
tongue.gif

ya because doesn't it feel good when you say the r4 is better than the (insert flashcart here)

Feels more weird because of all the hating users have been doing, but it does feel kind of good. Haha
Well, you know what they say...
haters-gonna-hate.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
laxman0220 said:
I'm having doubts of buying that r4 from shoptemp :/

What if normmatt blocks it D:

norm has nothing to do with this firmware, he simply offered some advice that made this "port" possible. people need to get this straight. yellow wood goblin is not normmatt, YWG's firmware is not akaio.

-another world

I thot normmatt did most of the work to get it on r4 and ywg made the wood rpg but i guess im wrong

how often does ywg update his firmware?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think about it, this Wood R4 1.04 FW could be a good deal for people who still have an original R4 lying around, like I do. You could let a friend or relative borrow it to play just about whatever game they want. Being limited to 2gigs is a bummer for people with newer SDHC flashcarts, so pop this FW on a 2gig microSD, load it up with a list of games the person wants, stick it in the old R4 and give it to 'em. They'll love it! Especially if they've never used a flashcart before. This could also prevent people from overwriting saves on the flashcart you normally use.

I mean, let's face it, anyone who's upgraded their flashcart away from the R4 when the R4 Team disbanded would probably never go back to the R4 anyway, so you might as well hook someone up with the R4 and some games.

No need to worry about sorting save files on a fresh setup.....just leave enough room on the microSD for the save files based on how many games there are and let the kid tell you if any games don't work.
wink.gif

Hopefully this new FW alternative will get frequent enough updates to keep the crusty old grandpa-R4 alive for just a little while longer.

Kudos to everyone involved in its creation!
grog.gif

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow now this is big news ! the ONLY and FIRST cart i still have and still use is an R4 with YS Menu of course. BUT with proper firmware this is something worth updating. Thanks to the creator and team who developed this.
cry.gif
(these are tears of joy)

v13j0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i am so exited with all the cool skins that i will probably eat the whole 2 gigs in skins alone! bare with me on this... after years on the boring ysmenu skin!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Rayder said:
Hopefully this new FW alternative will get frequent enough updates to keep the crusty old grandpa-R4 alive for just a little while longer.

from what i understand its a flag at compile time and he plans to keep it as up-to-date as his rpg firmware.

-another world

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lolzed said:
IMO pretty unfair,but I guess this is good for ORIGINAL R4 users

Now for TTWood
tongue.gif

copyright that name
ohmy.gif

-screams- my order status for my r4 says completed!!!!

(what does that mean?
ohmy.gif
)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish this would have come out like 3 days sooner
tongue.gif
I just went and bought bejeweled twist for wifey since it didn't work on my R4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...