Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

WolveSlayer

Homebrew 3D hack'n'slash

I wasn't kidding when I said there were some talented people out there. Feast your eyes on this new homebrew effort by the talented Payk!
WolveSlayer is a fully 3D hack'n'slash game and its graphics engine uses effects that have yet to be seen on commercial DS games! Watch this YouTube video of the game in progress.

Another very promising homebrew!
Payk said:
The game "WolveSlayer" is a 3D hack'n slay game.
It uses DLDI and the ROM is already patched for R4/M3Simply.
Just download the WolveSlayer.rar, extract it, patch the rom with right dldi, and copy the folder and the romfile to the root of your flashcard.
(Edit: If it doesnt work pls. try the ROM which i attached seperatly)
Instructions:
You can move the character trough the world using arrowkeys (D-PAD or what ever)
You can open doors (actually just one the rest is locked) with A
and swing your sword with B.
Main aim of this game (that rhimes nice) is to find and slay down a big grey wolve (you will meet smaller ones too).
Of course you will lose if they kill you.

More infos:
This project is an engine made by me to allow ppl to make their own games (later). Its possible to make own maps etc now, but on a quite unhandy way.
I will develop a mapeditor sometime in the near future.
The interesing part of that engine is the render stuff.
It doesn't use the hardware lughtning function which is quite limitated (just 4 lights without any position ...) Instead of using that the engine use the vertexshader unit by itself. That makes a few unseen effects possible on DS.
Such as dynamic lights and "kinda-bump-mapping-thingy". It also allows to set up lightsources everywhere and as much as you like. If they arent dynamic that even doesnt cost more then setting up no lights.
The soundengine and tinyxml are the only parts (beside libnds and fatlib) which i didntmade by my own. The resources in the folder are ALL mode by ppl just for THIS game(pls watch the credits). So pls dont rip anything without asking the right person (you can reach them trough me if you dont kno them)
download.gif
Download WolveSlayer
icon11.gif
Home page

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
its incredible!!! so much cool homebrew released today - and i cant believe how slick this one is - looks really professional. going to lead o some amazing homebrew games - they'll wipe the floor with some shop-bought games!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I realize this is just homebrew, but this game blows. The graphics are okay, but the gameplay is terrible.

can't get this working on my R4, can someone print screen how they have everything set up please?
Copy wolveslayer.nds and the wolveslayer folder to the root of the microSD card and it should work. No need for patching with the R4/Simply.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
The game is work in progress so I guess this will be fixed. Thumbs up for own 3d engine on DS. Technique itself looks good and this vertex shading trick is definitely doing the trick. Like alyways TnL sux over the long run
wink.gif

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
admittedly the game isnt that great - but as a demonstration of the engine and environment this guy has developed, its awesome.

.TakaM - i did what destructobot did - worked fine. i copied the nds file into my root\homebrew folder and it worked fine from there too.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As a game, this blows. As a tech demo, lets just say I haven't stared at the ground on a game so hard since half life 2 first came out. I actually stood next to the house when all that light was moving around on the ground nearby just to watch it.
tongue.gif
I'd love to see a moving light near one of those "bump mapped" ground areas. Great engine for a DS game. Hopefully it will be possible to use a rotating camera in later versions.

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
good stuff

this may open up to more 3d homebrew once he releases this engine upon the community, this will be a be leap in ds homebrew when it happen

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like that
QUOTE said:
"kinda-bump-mapping-thingy"
Sounds really "smart"
xD
And if you don't know, i was joking.
but I do like bump-mapping, makes games look nicer. But what i don't know if i like, is "kinda-bump-mapping-thingy"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1