shubbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi All Senpai,

I have tried installing Witcher 3 but it is not working on both Goldleaf 0.7.3 and Tinfoil (both .nsp and .xci format installation).

From the installer, it says that the installation was successful however when I head to the home screen, there is a blank loading icon and not an actual game. (Confirmed that SD card is not corrupted, in FAT32 format)

Currently on Firmware 9.1.0, atmosphere 0.10.1...

Its been a week since i was trying to figure out a solution. Zelda BOTW and DOS2 installed and launched properly, except for Witcher 3.

Funny thing is , when I open up the installer, both Goldleaf and Tinfoil shows a Title ID for Witcher 3 without an icon. Tried launching and it says 'unable to launch software'.

Any idea what went wrong?

shubbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
That should be what you're looking for.

Thanks for attaching the link. I do have the latest sigpatch installed, even after replacing them the Witcher 3 still doesn't show up. Is there any chance that the witcher 3 is incompatible with atmostphere 0.10.1? Just wondering

Xtwizted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. I am not sure, I am one of those lazy people who still use SXOS. I just install a game and they work, no sigpatches needed.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for attaching the link. I do have the latest sigpatch installed, even after replacing them the Witcher 3 still doesn't show up. Is there any chance that the witcher 3 is incompatible with atmostphere 0.10.1? Just wondering

I dont think so as Im on latest atmosphere and 9.1.0 fw and Witcher works so its possible its a bad dump

shubbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
bad dump/download, bad SD card, did you install any updates and did you do so AFTER installing the base game?
I downloaded the files from DU (TurboSnail), not sure if its a bad dump. As for bad SD card, is there a way to verify? I've tried multiple different games all ran fine except for Witcher 3, which has an exceptionally large file size.

Tried installing just the base game, only saw a blank icon on the main menu, then I install the update, same thing pops up.

I'll try it with some other larger file size games today, see if it yields the same result.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I downloaded the files from DU (TurboSnail), not sure if its a bad dump. As for bad SD card, is there a way to verify? I've tried multiple different games all ran fine except for Witcher 3, which has an exceptionally large file size.

Tried installing just the base game, only saw a blank icon on the main menu, then I install the update, same thing pops up.

I'll try it with some other larger file size games today, see if it yields the same result.

If i remember right witcher 3 should be around 30 gb, its quite a huge game :D dont know about turbo snail so cant say. You could try a different source.

If u wanna test ur sd card to see if it has the capacity promised you can use h2testw but i believe it will format ur sd sard... It can happen that u have less capacity than promised and youve reached the point where files get corrupted as there is actually no space for it but id probably try a different source for the game if u believe u bought ur sd sard from a reliable store.

shubbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If i remember right witcher 3 should be around 30 gb, its quite a huge game :D dont know about turbo snail so cant say. You could try a different source.

If u wanna test ur sd card to see if it has the capacity promised you can use h2testw but i believe it will format ur sd sard... It can happen that u have less capacity than promised and youve reached the point where files get corrupted as there is actually no space for it but id probably try a different source for the game if u believe u bought ur sd sard from a reliable store.
Goldleaf will not install large backups properly, often failing mid-install. Use Awoo Installer instead. It supports more formats than Goldleaf (NSZ, XCI) and just werks.

Agree with Huntereb. Try different installers.

Are you using a scene release? Venom's installed perfectly for me over with NS using Awoo

Thanks for all the responds! What I have notice so far is whenever I tried installing Witcher 3, the SD card will get corrupted, therefore from there onwards no other .nsp games could be installed.

Anyone knows what would have caused this sort of corruption to the SD card? It's corrupted even in FAT32 format... Im confused now

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the responds! What I have notice so far is whenever I tried installing Witcher 3, the SD card will get corrupted, therefore from there onwards no other .nsp games could be installed.

Anyone knows what would have caused this sort of corruption to the SD card? It's corrupted even in FAT32 format... Im confused now
Out of curiosity, what's the title ID you're installing? There's more than one version of The Witcher.

shubbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Update: Using Awoo Installer leads to the same SD card corruption after installing Witcher 3. Guess it's just bad SD card after all. Will try out with new SD card next time.

Thanks to whoever replied to this issue!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Update: Using Awoo Installer leads to the same SD card corruption after installing Witcher 3. Guess it's just bad SD card after all. Will try out with new SD card next time.

Thanks to whoever replied to this issue!

You can get a freeware app called h2testw and it will tell you if your SD is counterfeit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...