Hacking Question Wiping NAND with ChoiDujourNX - safe to go online afterwards?

D

Deleted User

with nsps no.
nsps are easy to find.
for example if your game would gets wiped out than you would be banned by downloading it legally again.
because redownload option would be a ban because you dont have the game ticket stored.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
with nsps no.
nsps are easy to find.
for example if your game would gets wiped out than you would be banned by downloading it legally again.
because redownload option would be a ban because you dont have the game ticket stored.

Sorry, this doesn't answer my questions :unsure:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this doesn't answer my questions :unsure:
Ignore him, he is either a troll or an actual idiot if you check his post history (his age is 13 so he may be legitimately stupid). To answer your original question, factory resets will never affect EmuNAND installed to the SD card whether its as a file or hidden partition but it will wipe EmuNAND installed to internal memory. You can also rebuild part of your NAND with ChoiDujour where the missing part is PRODINFO because it cannot be recreated due to it being console unique.

Reactions: Taorn

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ignore him, he is either a troll or an actual idiot if you check his post history (his age is 13 so he may be legitimately stupid). To answer your original question, factory resets will never affect EmuNAND installed to the SD card whether its as a file or hidden partition but it will wipe EmuNAND installed to internal memory. You can also rebuild part of your NAND with ChoiDujour where the missing part is PRODINFO because it cannot be recreated due to it being console unique.

Thanks! I have my Emunand on my internal memory as my SD card is formatted to exfat and I'm worried about it getting corrupted - I guess I'll move it over to the SD card, wipe the Switch... and then I'm not really sure lol - keep the emunand on the SD card and just make regular backups I guess!

Cheers for the link, but which part of that guide helps my clean my nand? Pretty sure I haven't gone online since using SXOS so I'm hoping that a factory reset will be sufficient...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I have my Emunand on my internal memory as my SD card is formatted to exfat and I'm worried about it getting corrupted - I guess I'll move it over to the SD card, wipe the Switch... and then I'm not really sure lol - keep the emunand on the SD card and just make regular backups I guess!

Cheers for the link, but which part of that guide helps my clean my nand? Pretty sure I haven't gone online since using SXOS so I'm hoping that a factory reset will be sufficient...
There are no tools for cleaning the NAND. ChoiDujour is designed to upgrade or downgrade your firmware by rebuilding the NAND apart from PRODINFO which you then flash with hacdismount.

D

Deleted User

There are no tools for cleaning the NAND. ChoiDujour is designed to upgrade or downgrade your firmware by rebuilding the NAND apart from PRODINFO which you then flash with hacdismount.
hacdiskmount can be used for cleaning nand.
idiots.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never said its easy :)

Mount the emmc in hacdiskmount.

For 100% clean emmc...

Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2.
You will have:

Contents
save
saveMeta (maybe)

1) Delete saveMeta folder if it exists.
2) Go in to save, delete everything apart from 8000000000000120 - you will want to complete initial setup when booted!
3) Go into Contents/placehld. Delete anything that may be in here (probably empty)
4) Go to SD card, delete Nintendo folder. It is now useless.

Unmount, boot. Done.

Not sure if this is correct or not as this info was given by MattyTrog to another user on the forum, but then again @Sumandora has been known for providing people misleading info, I agree with @Draxzelex on that.

D

Deleted User

For 100% clean emmc...

Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2.
You will have:

Contents
save
saveMeta (maybe)

2) Go in to save, delete everything apart from 8000000000000120 - you will want to complete initial setup when booted!
3) Go into Contents/placehld. Delete anything that may be in here (probably empty)

Unmount, boot. Done.

Not sure if this is correct or not as this info was given by MattyTrog to another user on the forum, but then again @Sumandora has been known for providing people misleading info, I agree with @Draxzelex on that.
thats my source too :D

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

For 100% clean emmc...

Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2.
You will have:

Contents
save
saveMeta (maybe)

Unmount, boot. Done.

Thanks - do I do this before or after the system update (via Choi)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks - do I do this before or after the system update (via Choi)

If you meant ChoidujourNX, then no, you still have to run CFW to use ChoidujourNX, it just revert you back to square one, cleanest thing is to have a NAND backup before even attempting to do CFW, Im not sure if what Mattytrog said is correct or not it is more of a proof of concept, usually people recommend doing clean nand restore.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you meant ChoidujourNX, then no, you still have to run CFW to use ChoidujourNX, it just revert you back to square one, cleanest thing is to have a NAND backup before even attempting to do CFW, Im not sure if what Mattytrog said is correct or not it is more of a proof of concept, usually people recommend doing clean nand restore.

So the best thing to do would be the following (as I don't have a clean nand backup)?:
  1. Update to the latest firmware using ChoidujourNX, selecting the option to initialise the system
  2. Perform Mattytrog's steps
  3. Then select the factory reset option through the Switch's OS

Also, do I need to burn the fuses to be safe?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the best thing to do would be the following (as I don't have a clean nand backup)?:
  1. Update to the latest firmware using ChoidujourNX, selecting the option to initialise the system
  2. Perform Mattytrog's steps
  3. Then select the factory reset option through the Switch's OS

Also, do I need to burn the fuses to be safe?

You can try that but I don't guarantees you won't get ban.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can try that but I don't guarantees you won't get ban.

I understand, just want to ensure I'm being as safe as possible!

Sorry, 1 other question. So obviously I have the SD card set up to work with my emunand - if I copy my emunand over to the sd card, then initialize my Switch's internal memory. Can both the nand (on the system) and the emunand use the SD card? If so, is there any evidence of Nintendo being able to check SD cards for things such as emunand?

D

Deleted User

Sorry, 1 other question. So obviously I have the SD card set up to work with my emunand - if I copy my emunand over to the sd card, then initialize my Switch's internal memory. Can both the nand (on the system) and the emunand use the SD card? If so, is there any evidence of Nintendo being able to check SD cards for things such as emunand?
what do you want. 2 EmuNANDS? no problem theres: EmuNAND Switcher. and Nintendo can check for EmuNAND BUT they dont do.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In theory it should work as long the system can boot, Nintendo check for if the person actually purchase the content or not, if you are offline obviously they can't find anything.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In theory it should work as long the system can boot, Nintendo check for if the person actually purchase the content or not, if you are offline obviously they can't find anything.

Ok cool, that's good - I will go online with the nand and obviously stay offline when using the emunand.

Reactions: cherup

Bobissad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I have a question: Can I use someone's backup (since I didnt make one before hacking my switch) and play online safely ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i get spam links all the time, even through steam
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get same links from scammers posing as my steam friends
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know how to combat scammers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    traumatize them, send them a screamer vid first as a warning shot, then if that doesn't work, send them gore
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: traumatize them, send them a screamer vid first as a warning shot, then if that doesn't work...