Homebrew [WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
But it seems that the data are not read (located in /pkbank/data/en)...
Oh, the 0.3a zip file has a folder named pkdata, guess it is meant to be called pkbank (found it strange to use 2 folders instead of one, pkban and pkdata).

Also, I'm looking into X/Y - ORAS restrictions.

EDIT: 0.- Eggs are not allowed

1.- To use the bank the game must already have the pokedex
2.- Accodirding to this site, the only new items in ORAS are evolutionary stones. There are other items, but they are key items and can't be held by pokemon. Also, there are a couple of items like tm94 that have a different move depending on XY or ORAS, you could either let it be or block tm94. If I recall correctly HMs can't be held.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_(Generation_VI)
3.- ORAS only moves, note that smeargle can learn these moves via sketch:
4.- New abilities. I don't know how do these behave with normal pokemon bank, I should try later
EDIT: nevermind abilities, these are only for the primal groudon/kyogre and mega-rayquaza, so there's no conflict with XY.

5.- Contest pikachu can't be stored in the bank, if transfered to an XY game (via PKHEX I guess) it is recognized as a normal pikachu, but this can either be blocked or only allowed to transfer between ORAS games. I think blocking it is better, since that pokemon is supposed to stay in the cartridge, you can't even trade it to another OR/AS game I think.

I'm pretty sure that's all that's needed to be checked, at least until pokemon Z gets released.

Last edited by suloku,

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, the 0.3a zip file has a folder named pkdata, guess it is meant to be called pkbank (found it strange to use 2 folders instead of one, pkban and pkdata).
Oops, my bad...
I fixed it in the α0.3b
can you pls create an .cia version?
I don't know how to... I told more than once to give me a link to.
0.3a doesn't show the pokemon's name, just as "selected pokemon"
I just misstyped the folder ressource...
The 0.3b should correct it. (infact, as said suloku, i named the folder "pkdata" instead of "pkbank")

Also, I'm looking into X/Y - ORAS restrictions.

1.- To use the bank the game must already have the pokedex
2.- Accodirding to this site, the only new items in ORAS are evolutionary stones. There are other items, but they are key items and can't be held by pokemon. Also, there are a couple of items like tm94 that have a different move depending on XY or ORAS, you could either let it be or block tm94. If I recall correctly HMs can't be held.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_(Generation_VI)
3.- ORAS only moves, note that smeargle can learn these moves via sketch:
4.- New abilities. I don't know how do these behave with normal pokemon bank, I should try later
EDIT: nevermind abilities, these are only for the primal groudon/kyogre and mega-rayquaza, so there's no conflict with XY.

5.- Contest pikachu can't be stored in the bank, if transfered to an XY game (via PKHEX I guess) it is recognized as a normal pikachu, but this can either be blocked or only allowed to transfer between ORAS games. I think blocking it is better, since that pokemon is supposed to stay in the cartridge, you can't even trade it to another OR/AS game I think.

I'm pretty sure that's all that's needed to be checked, at least until pokemon Z gets released.
1. Shall I really check if the user already have the pokedex... ?!
2. I'll make a itemIDFilterList or something like that.
3. Same as above.
4. Hmm, okay.
5. pikachuSchoolGirlFilter. ;)

Are the IDs of items/moves on bulbapedia corresponding to REAL IDs from game?!

EDIT:
So I made a new module PKFilter (+git push), and implemented (well?) it.
But it's not used atm in the homebrew.

Last edited by Gocario,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Shall I really check if the user already have the pokedex... ?!

For the sake of preventing unexpected bugs in the game, I guess so. Also, remember bank sets pokedex entries when moving pokemon to boxes and setting that before owning a pokedex might lead to unexpected in-game behavior.

Not a priority right now, but pkhex has a "Pokedex obtained flag", so the info is already there, checking that at the very begginning after loading the savegame should be trivial.

Are the IDs of items/moves on bulbapedia corresponding to REAL IDs from game?!
Bulbapedia claims them to be the index number, so I really think they are.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know how to... I told more than once to give me a link to.
1. download makerom
2. download a *.rsf for cia files
3. make your homebrew (you need the .elf)
4. make a banner and an icon with an icon creator (https://gbatemp.net/threads/does-someone-have-a-compiled-version-of-bannertool.386933/)
5. use the following command: makerom.exe -f cia -o File.cia -elf File.elf -rsf resources\build_cia.rsf -icon resources\icon.bin -banner resources\banner.bin -exefslogo -target t

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. download makerom
2. download a *.rsf for cia files
3. make your homebrew (you need the .elf)
4. make a banner and an icon with an icon creator (https://gbatemp.net/threads/does-someone-have-a-compiled-version-of-bannertool.386933/)
5. use the following command: makerom.exe -f cia -o File.cia -elf File.elf -rsf resources\build_cia.rsf -icon resources\icon.bin -banner resources\banner.bin -exefslogo -target t
Erf I couldn't do it, I surrend... Sorry...
But I'll try again to do a .cia version when I'll get a good release (stable + GUI).

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone who have cfw and knowledge should compile it as cia, until someone like that will come, no hope for you guys.
Great homebrew, thanks!

D

Deleted User

I can upload all the current releases to my Google Drive and give the link so you can link them in the OP instead of having the releases attached to the OP, if you like.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can upload all the current releases to my Google Drive and give the link so you can link them in the OP instead of having the releases attached to the OP, if you like.
Once the alpha will be ended, I'll use github release. ;)

Does this require a physical copy of the pokemon game because I am really confused when I loaded it up it doesnt show data from virtual and I even tried backing up my save data of AS
Hmm. It should, but I have maybe a solution.
Try with the new version (alpha 0.3c)

EDIT:
I leave this for you for this evening. Good night guys.
e4f3a1f8e2.png

Last edited by Gocario,

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great job on this! I think this is really good for those of us that don't want to pay for a subscription to Pokemon Bank or just want to have an offline option as opposed to one that requires an Internet connection.

Last edited by Real_Redwolf,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way gocario, would yo be interested in adding pokemon link support for poke milles / battle points? The amount received is based on pokemon stored and time since last boot.

I need to research little (with ramsav worked right away, but I think tjere's some checksum that needs update using savegames)? but it should be possible, even celebi or johto starters or any other event, as long as someone is kind enough to provide a savegame with that link data (currently we have them all)

Last edited by suloku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.