Status
Not open for further replies.

tsselle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all you care about in this thread is the release, then you literally have no reason to come to the thread; the day it is released there's going to be 50 different threads saying it was. But some people actually enjoy seeing all the things they are doing, including the things that "aren't going to be in the release".

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS has the power to emulate & run both N64 and PS1. The 3DS is comparable to PSP in performance (even though they are very different machines, they both belongs in the same hardware generation). Do you remember that the PSP emulated Dreamcast!? Therefore the 3DS should have no problem at all to emulate the PS1 or N64 that belongs to one generation earlier than the Dreamcast. There is no doubt the 3DS is capable of running N64 & PS1 emulators! Maybe the N64 & PS1 emulators will be like PSPs Dreamcast emulator: 2-4 FPS. There will not be a delightful experience, but it is still doable as a proof of concept!

3DS is actually much more powerful than PSP which is closer to Dreamcast. Maybe emulation capability wise they're comparable because of the PSP's 1:1 emulation.

Reactions: Margen67 and SLiV3R

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im only writting this because there was more than one instance where the KARL team spat on GWs "sloppy" work when in reality they havent contributed one single thing to the community where others have already built much better CFWs (NTR) than they could ever do. Theres a lot of bark but no bite here.
So all the 3DBrew documentation they contributed doesn't count? Because I'm pretty sure it does. In some cases (a lot, actually) proper documentation is better than a binary release as that helps everyone, not just end users. Also it's been proven a bunch of times by pretty much the whole scene that Gateway's work is sloppy. It works, but it's sloppy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else: What is your issue exactly? So what if they haven't released yet? You guys are the most entitled babies I've ever seen. There are many alternatives for emuNAND loading on both systems right now so go use one of them.

Never have they said they are going to release. It's been stated god knows how many times that they plan to release but there's been a problem or two keeping them from doing so. So in the mean time they've been busy with other 3DS research. Stuff that they've shown here because you keep asking for updates. On top of that there's been numerous contributions to 3DBrew from the team members. It's almost like you have selective blindness or something.

Yeah, my post will probably be hidden as bickering but I honestly don't care. This is really a sad new low for you guys. You love to throw the word "circlejerk" around and I find that highly ironic. If you don't want to see these posts, unwatch the thread and stop reading. If you are going to continue to follow the thread, I just ask that you shut up and keep it civil.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So all the 3DBrew documentation they contributed doesn't count? Because I'm pretty sure it does. In some cases (a lot, actually) proper documentation is better than a binary release as that helps everyone, not just end users. Also it's been proven a bunch of times by pretty much the whole scene that Gateway's work is sloppy. It works, but it's sloppy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else: What is your issue exactly? So what if they haven't released yet? You guys are the most entitled babies I've ever seen. There are many alternatives for emuNAND loading on both systems right now so go use one of them.

Never have they said they are going to release. It's been stated god knows how many times that they plan to release but there's been a problem or two keeping them from doing so. So in the mean time they've been busy with other 3DS research. Stuff that they've shown here because you keep asking for updates. On top of that there's been numerous contributions to 3DBrew from the team members. It's almost like you have selective blindness or something.

Yeah, my post will probably be hidden as bickering but I honestly don't care. This is really a sad new low for you guys. You love to throw the word "circlejerk" around and I find that highly ironic. If you don't want to see these posts, unwatch the thread and stop reading. If you are going to continue to follow the thread, I just ask that you shut up and keep it civil.
That's a way of seeing things but the fact is that they can "document" all they want, in the end words don't change things - actions do! As I said there's a whole lot of bark but no bite here. My suggestion to them would be to stop acting smug and actually make a change, this isn't the first time something like this has happened in this thread.

Reactions: Margen67

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a way of seeing things but the fact is that they can "document" all they want, in the end words don't change things - actions do! As I said there's a whole lot of bark but no bite here. My suggestion to them would be to stop acting smug and actually make a change, this isn't the first time something like this has happened in this thread.
Well, documenting is doing something useful. And I guess you missed the second portion of my post? The part below is what I'm referring to specifically.

So in the mean time they've been busy with other 3DS research. Stuff that they've shown here because you keep asking for updates.
"You" is referring to everyone, not you specifically.
I mean, what else can they say when people ask for updates? "We have some neat shit that we aren't going to tell you about or show you at all. So trust us we are wizards." Because that is being a showboating jerk. Instead they show that while they aren't ready to release they aren't sitting idle and have been working on other stuff that will end up helping the scene in the long run. Then people turn around and shit all over them for whatever reason.

Reactions: doolaik

doolaik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

the "documenting" is an action that they are doing! just because the stages aren't in a form that you recognize or isn't how you anticipate it, doesn't mean that they aren't doing anything.

the fact that they are "acting smug" by posting videos of what they achieve, is just to show that what they say that can do is actually possible! how is this even being smug about it?

can you give us some legitimate "smug" posts from any of the team members?

you guys just need to stop being so entitled.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess this thread can die since its being a pain in everyone's butt. I see what guitarhero is saying but it is there work and if they want to release than they can do so. Nothing wrong with a "build" thread and just adding progress. If its bugging everyone than maybe everyone should just stop posting here and let the thread go silent.

D

Deleted User

I actually have taken a look at the articles this team has been documenting, and it wasn't even worth my time reading it, such dull and useless information... (FYI i am programming 3ds homebrew too)

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually have taken a look at the articles this team has been documenting, and it wasn't even worth my time reading it, such dull and useless information... (FYI i am programming 3ds homebrew too)
Having gone through your entire post history I've seen all of nothing to suggest that you're a "3ds dev". I'm not saying you aren't but you're really not giving any indicators that you even know what you're talking about. It just looks like you enjoy trolling.

As for dull and useless, I found this page to be quite interesting.

Edit: Uh wow, okay. Thanks for confirming your tendencies to troll?

Reactions: VinsCool
D

Deleted User

Unlike the KARL devs in this thread I don't need to boast about it. If you don't believe me, I don't really care, as I am not here to prove anything

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The CFW cycle once again repeats.
Many people has this entitlement, it's pathetic.

Please understand that KARL devs do not owe anything to us. They do what they want with their project.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

Nah, dont think you have any clue at all :) I remember you said Yifan Lus work was like nothing but bullshit. Everyone knows KARL & Yifan Lu are real programmers/developers and that you are a troll ^^

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Easy solution for those complaining:
If you want a CFW, there are some already completed. Go download them. If you have money to blow, there's also Gateway, and that will even allow piracy if that's what you want.

KARL has a lot of potential, but with alternatives around, there's literally no reason to complain about it not being released.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What's with you guys and this "entitlement"? I'm just stating my point of view and by the looks of it I'm not the only one. I couldn't care less about this project since I own a GW card, but even if I did I wouldn't be writing this here because as I said - there are actual working region free CFW's already. And guess what? The devs there aren't smug nor sarcastic but rather very friendly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1